Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Team in Waterford

Options
  • 26-08-2019 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Looking to get involved in some football/soccer teams in Waterford this season. 5-a-side, 11-a-side, indoor, floodlit or regular league doesn't matter. Anywhere in Waterford city would be fine. I'm 22 if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance, just looking to play a bit and get back into the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Me too, if you hear of anything let me know.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Lads there is probably 15 junior league clubs in town or just outside it- have ye approached any?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 maccyd13

Lads there is probably 15 junior league clubs in town or just outside it- have ye approached any?

Just wanted to see if there were any teams looking for players first, as I know that it can be hard for some to get numbers together. Will be reaching out though if I hear nothing.
    Me too, if you hear of anything let me know.

Will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

maccyd13 wrote: »
    Just wanted to see if there were any teams looking for players first, as I know that it can be hard for some to get numbers together. Will be reaching out though if I hear nothing.

My advice would be to have a look at what clubs are nearest to you and go down and have a look at a couple of games to get a feel of the standard and atmosphere around the clubs. Reach out to those who you like to look of.

There are six divisions in the Waterford District leagues, they'll have kicked off a couple of weeks ago, but you can be sure that many of them will be looking for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I wouldn't have the fitness at all to go straight into league football but would be hoping to build it up with regular action in a less formal setting.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
Advertisement