Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aul wuns at the Checkout Till

Options
  • 27-08-2019 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

Why is it that they can never have their money or their card ready by the time their mountain of shopping has been scanned? Why do they have to go rooting in their oversized bag every feckin time. Then when all is said and done they decide to produce the vouchers and have a chat with the bored checkout assistant. All the while, everyone else behind them are just waiting to pay for their stuff, get the hell out of dodge and get on with their day? Feckin aul wuns

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

young ones too......in before berties horse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Not just "Aul wuns", it's most women in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Tell me about it

The reaction is always " what, where, who!, do I have to pay for these marieta biscuits"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

You'll be old some day and the youth will be moaning about you not knowing how to use the 3 sea shells and leaving the jacks in rag order. Cut them some slack.

My pet peeve is people getting Lotto, how does it take so long in this day and age? Can they not just do it on their phone or have a self service kiosk for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

We'll all be old and lonely some day as well.

Although it will undoubtedly some day induce a heart attack in me, the more of a rush you're in, the slower they are.

It's the (invariably) younger ones who scan all the shopping and then go "oops, I forgot X, do you mind???" and go cantering off down the supermarket, rendering the till useless until they return, that will get me done for murder some day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Coffin dodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 isnt the weather shocking (it's 20° out) 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1, oh I've lost count need to start again..... 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hey Aul one..... Hit me with the trolley again and I'll sent you into tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    You'll be old some day and the youth will be moaning about you not knowing how to use the 3 sea shells and leaving the jacks in rag order. Cut them some slack.

My pet peeve is people getting Lotto, how does it take so long in this day and age? Can they not just do it on their phone or have a self service kiosk for it.

I'm not in a slack cutting kind of mood today. They need to get their **** together, they don't have that much time left, why waste it at the checkout

Why don't you use the self service tills OP, if other shoppers bother you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There should be a dedicated aul wuns checkout in larger supermarkets staffed by an almost aulwan nearing retirement. They can natter away to each other and to the other aul wans in the queue, catching up on the local funerals and weather. Will do wonder for the community.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

bubblypop wrote: »
    Why don't you use the self service tills OP, if other shoppers bother you?

Have you seen women trying to use the self service?

odyssey06 wrote: »
    There should be a dedicated aul wuns checkout in larger supermarkets staffed by an almost aulwan nearing retirement. They can natter away to each other and to the other aul wans in the queue, catching up on the local funerals and weather. Will do wonder for the community.

You're on to something here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

UNEXPECTED AULD WAN IN THE BAGGING AREA

Gerry G wrote: »
    Have you seen women trying to use the self service?

Yep
    Plenty, including myself. A damn sight better at it then men may I say......
    Maybe that's the real reason you don't use them......

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Its worse when someone old or young only has a few bits so you've let them go ahead and they do this.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Yep
    Plenty, including myself. A damn sight better at it then men may I say......
    Maybe that's the real reason you don't use them......

No, the real reason i don't use them is invariably the woman ahead of me will make a balls of it and have to await for assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It was worse when they had those fúcking tokens for cheap furniture, luggage sets and crockery. Farting about with collector cards and tokens. Give me strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

UNEXPECTED AULD WAN IN THE BAGGING AREA

nearly spat my tea out :pac::pac::pac:

JustMe,K wrote: »
    Its worse when someone old or young only has a few bits so you've let them go ahead and they do this.

Never and I mean NEVER let them go. If anything, try to get ahead of them by any means necessary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Or when you do this and then like magic, a s*** tonne of shopping appears from nowhere!!! Crafty feckers, they know what they are doing, pretending to be all innocent standing there with just bread and milk on show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

OP shopping online is obviously for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

the only aul wan around here OP is you.... moaning like one of the those aul wans at the checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Young wans bits

jobless wrote: »
    the only aul wan around here OP is you.... moaning like one of the those aul wans at the checkout

Sure where better to moan than on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Doesn't happen in Aldi.

It happens a lot in Centra though, and it's women and men equally. Of any age.

OP shopping online is obviously for you!

Tried it. Ended up buying a load of **** I didn't need. I once bought 3 fresh basil plants online. 3 of them. I've never used basil in my life but felt the need to buy 3 of them. Cos they were cheap

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Doesn't happen in Aldi.

It happens a lot in Centra though, and it's women and men equally. Of any age.

I have noticed this about Aldi, it's because most of the Checkout merchants are forners and have no interest in the aul wuns ****e hawking

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Gerry G wrote: »
    Tried it. Ended up buying a load of **** I didn't need. I once bought 3 fresh basil plants online. 3 of them. I've never used basil in my life but felt the need to buy 3 of them. Cos they were cheap

Well you've to improve and become more efficient!

• Advertisement

Well you've to improve and become more efficient!

Thanks for that advice Captain obvious =)

Advertisement