Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Well, this isn't even remotely accurate. What about those that have been sacked? No real lasting consequence for them then?

What ones?
    The little fellas with the dark hair and little bellies make sure they either get paid off or get moved to a different role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The Irish Famine was Social Darwinism - let the thick Paddies fend for themselves or die off.

vriesmays wrote: »
    The Irish Famine was Social Darwinism - let the thick Paddies fend for themselves or die off.

Let the thick paddies give us all their ham and beef and give them the rotten potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

vriesmays wrote: »

Thats what happens when you are fussy eaters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Edgware wrote: »
    Thats what happens when you are fussy eaters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭A Shropshire Lad

BDI wrote: »
    What ones?
    The little fellas with the dark hair and little bellies make sure they either get paid off or get moved to a different role.

Why are you so angry at the public sector workers?

Did you not pass the entrance exam or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dancingwith

Adolf Hitler was a very effective leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭Cordell

That is an obviously true statement. Being an evil psychopathic dictator doesn't preclude you from being an effective leader, quite the opposite, it's a prerequisite.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

By what measure?

Economy tanked, population fell, geographical area was decimated etc, etc, etc.

Frightening people in order to convince them to follow you is not leading. It is dictating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Really?

• Advertisement

Why are you so angry at the public sector workers?

Did you not pass the entrance exam or something ?

It annoys me that with trolley crises etc happening, lads are on a go slow and when more money is made available they all try and grab it for themselves over the quality of service. If any private company had workers like this it would go under.

Even when you lead people into a disaster you can do it effectively.

Cordell wrote: »
    Even when you lead people into a disaster you can do it effectively.

It's hardly successful when you didn't intend to lead them in to said disaster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

It annoys me that with trolley crises etc happening, lads are on a go slow and when more money is made available they all try and grab it for themselves over the quality of service. If any private company had workers like this it would go under.

Never a truer word spoken as they say in Ireland

Blueshoe wrote: »

You know what they also say in Ireland?

Slow down you are doing two peoples job.

Also . That's not my problem. Im going for my third break

That’s not my job, my job title is slightly different from the task you are asking me to do, I’ll sit down until you get somebody else to do it.

That’s not my job, my job title is slightly different from the task you are asking me to do, I’ll sit down until you get somebody else to do it.

FFS lads, this reads like pure jealousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Dev/Ireland were wimps when it came to officially supporting the Allies in WW2. Don't give me any of this oh shure we're just a new State and we have no resources bullshyte. Signed Hitler's book of condolences FFS. Shameful and a black mark on Irish history.

Manager called me in to his office. Big report was due in 2weeks ago. I might think about doing it in the near future . Also my cat has the flu. Il be off sick for 5 weeks

• Advertisement

FFS lads, this reads like pure jealousy.

Would you not be a bit embarrassed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dancingwith

By what measure?

A nobody from a small town in Austria, practically homeless at the age of 20, becomes the chancellor of Germany by age 43 and rules over most of Europe 8 years later.
    I am not saying he was a nice guy, but that must have taken some effective leadership by any measure !

I couldn't work in that environment, but, I'd wager that most of the country would take your hand off if you offered them such job security and workload if they new they could manage it financially.

The little fella with the dark hair and the little belly teaches them not to be embarrassed but proud about ripping off the taxpayer. Serious face on him. Telling everyone to slow down tires him but he keeps going. Important work.

A nobody from a small town in Austria, practically homeless at the age of 20, becomes the chancellor of Germany by age 43 and rules over most of Europe 8 years later.
    I am not saying he was a nice guy, but that must have taken some effective leadership by any measure !

It wasn't leading. It was terrorising.

It's hardly successful when you didn't intend to lead them in to said disaster.

Indeed it's not successful, but still effective :) Different aspects.
    He was able to lead the people into a disaster of epic proportions with very little questioning, and that is very effective...not successful, but still effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Illgetmycoat

I like Chinese but I wouldn't eat a whole one

I like Chinese but I wouldn't eat a hole one

You forgot the r in whole.

I’d like to add this is one of the funniest things anybody has ever come out with but it will never get the recognition it deserves.

Cordell wrote: »
    Indeed it's not successful, but still effective :) Different aspects.
    He was able to lead the people into a disaster of epic proportions with very little questioning, and that is very effective...not successful, but still effective.
    effective
    adjective
    successful in producing a desired or intended result.

The result was neither what he desired or intended therefore he was not effective. He was impactful, but not effective.
    impactful
    adjective
    having a major impact or effect.

• Advertisement

It wasn't leading. It was terrorising.

No it was't, not until much later on. His rise to power was due to his leadership and charisma. He used force and terror to complete and maintain his grip to power.

I don't admire him, just to be clear, but minimizing and denying his accomplishments, no matter how evil they are, it's not helpful - we need to recognize the next one early on, before it's too late.

Advertisement