Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Looking to get a switch, should i wait for V1.1 or would i get the current version for a bit less if i wat till the new one is released?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Looking to get a switch, should i wait for V1.1 or would i get the current version for a bit less if i wat till the new one is released?

A lot of places have already dropped the price of the current one by about 30 euro in anticipation of the release.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A lot of places have already dropped the price of the current one by about 30 euro in anticipation of the release.

Is €330 the new lower price?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

€299.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Got the pre-order trade in deal today for Links Awakening :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Wont be able to get to a gamestop before tomorrows out, heads wrecked :(

What are the chances of this promotion getting extended?

Mr E wrote: »
    €299.99

Haven't seen it at that price anywhere yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Hyrule Warriors is €29 on amazon Italy + shipping https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07BN265B1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Was doing the deal today, they asked did I want Pokemon Shield on Xbox or PS4...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

nix wrote: »
    Wont be able to get to a gamestop before tomorrows out, heads wrecked :(

What are the chances of this promotion getting extended?

The offer has been on for ages at 20 so will go back to that price until the next promo like this gamecon one

Does the gamestop promotion end tonight or tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Suckit wrote: »
    Does the gamestop promotion end tonight or tomorrow night?

Tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

sweetie wrote: »
    The offer has been on for ages at 20 so will go back to that price until the next promo like this gamecon one

They changed the offer at the start of this months so items on the trade list are only worth €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Went to my local gamestop and they said that the deal ended today (as in yesterday was the last day you could do it) so ended up getting the 50% off instead of the 9.99 deal.

Still saved money but a bit annoying that the website doesn't make that clear.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Went to my local gamestop and they said that the deal ended today (as in yesterday was the last day you could do it) so ended up getting the 50% off instead of the 9.99 deal.

Id have kicked up a fuss over that, its clearly bollox and id say they would have caved if you pushed for them to get a manager or make a call.

Likely the fella didnt wanna go through the "hassle" of scanning/typing it all up :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Is super xonic still on sale on US shop? I'm out and about now, but if it's still less than a euro when I'm back I'll go through the hassle of setting up a US account and buying US credit.

Cheers!

Id have kicked up a fuss over that, its clearly bollox and id say they would have caved if you pushed for them to get a manager or make a call.

Likely the fella didnt wanna go through the "hassle" of scanning/typing it all up :P:D

They did call the manager as it was him who said it was over.

I can't complain too much for turning a copy of cars 3 into a 50% off voucher for astral chain :pac:

It's on the website, 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Gyan84 wrote: »

Nope, they were wrong. I traded in today and got the deal. I also used to work in GameStop and NO offers change over the weekend as the systems are not updated over the weekend. I'd email the head office and ask for them to boost the credit for you as the offer is still on.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It's on the website, 25th.

Yeah but pretty much everybody else, the promotion runs for the duration of the final day, it never ends on the last advertised day, if it were anywhere else the promotion would be running up until closing time and then the 26th it would no longer be available.

What was the first day the offer was available?

EDIT:
    baldshin wrote: »
    Nope, they were wrong. I traded in today and got the deal. I also used to work in GameStop and NO offers change over the weekend as the systems are not updated over the weekend. I'd email the head office and ask for them to boost the credit for you as the offer is still on.

Told yiz! Cowboys! :pac:

Thanks for letting me know :o

Sent a request through their contact page so hopefully I'll hear back.

Yeah but pretty much everybody else, the promotion runs for the duration of the final day, it never ends on the last advertised day, if it were anywhere else the promotion would be running up until closing time and then the 26th it would no longer be available.

What was the first day the offer was available?

EDIT:

Told yiz! Cowboys! :pac:

It's Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Had a bit of a bargain hunt today.

Got two Super Mario Maker 2's in Argos for 74 euro, traded one of them in at CeX and got €40 back in cash (possibility to have €45 in store credit, too)

Also got two €20 games in Argos to work in the Gamestop gamescon offer. i had no problem doing it today, either. I also didn't even have to pay the €10 to pre-order them either as they were Switch games. So paid €40 for two pre-orders worth €120 in Gamestop

Pretty happy out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Aokay

tbahh wrote: »
    Had a bit of a bargain hunt today.

Got two Super Mario Maker 2's in Argos for 74 euro, traded one of them in at CeX and got €40 back in cash (possibility to have €45 in store credit, too)

Also got two €20 games in Argos to work in the Gamestop gamescon offer. i had no problem doing it today, either. I also didn't even have to pay the €10 to pre-order them either as they were Switch games. So paid €40 for two pre-orders worth €120 in Gamestop

Pretty happy out :D

Pretty sure you still have to pay the €10 on release. They minus the tenner from the value of the game on their system so the deal is technically better against an upcoming PS4/Xbox One game as they typically cost €70 so you come out with €60 as opposed to €50 with a Switch game.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Aokay wrote: »
    Pretty sure you still have to pay the €10 on release. They minus the tenner from the value of the game on their system so the deal is technically better against an upcoming PS4/Xbox One game as they typically cost €70 so you come out with €60 as opposed to €50 with a Switch game.

I'm not sure, it says €60 on both of my receipts. I had initially thought the same thing you posted as I was intending on paying the €10 for each game today but I was told that I wouldn't need to pay anymore.

I'll see what happens when I collect them.

tbahh wrote: »
    I'm not sure, it says €60 on both of my receipts. I had initially thought the same thing you posted as I was intending on paying the €10 for each game today but I was told that I wouldn't need to pay anymore.

I'll see what happens when I collect them.

Yup you'll owe them a tenner. The guy yesterday told me to get a AAA game as they're 70 so went with Watch Dogs instead of Pokemon.

Aokay wrote: »

I swapped two games - both were Monster Hunter Ultimate Generations.

The first day, I wasn't charged anything for Astral Chain and he gave me a receipt and credited the card he gave me.

Today I was charged €10 for Links Awakening.

So I am not sure which one was wrong.
    Did the first guy forget to charge me, or will I get charged again for the 2nd trade?

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    I swapped two games - both were Monster Hunter Ultimate Generations.

The first day, I wasn't charged anything for Astral Chain and he gave me a receipt and credited the card he gave me.

Today I was charged €10 for Links Awakening.

So I am not sure which one was wrong.
    Did the first guy forget to charge me, or will I get charged again for the 2nd trade?

Probably be charged at collection.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement