Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UPOL Raptor tintable bed liner

• 01-02-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've been looking online for this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcXxb0KVz-BaSvPC6Fa_SPo3bF0MqGAdAYETuwx-atsDs9XPrdgA

for ages and can only find UK sellers on eBay that won't ship to Ireland.

Anyone know if it can be got in Ireland?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

Whats so special about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

It gives a very tough finish to the underside of cars / truck beds.

I want it for a 4x4 restoration. The U-pol version is tintable so you can mix up to 10% of your paint with it to match the liner with your bodywork.

See youtube vid here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Would Parcel Motel be any use to you?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

^^^^ What he said....and it will probably work out much cheaper than having it sent directly here (if you can find an Ebay seller that offers free, or cheap, UK only postage).
    I've got several things from different Ebay sellers in the past few weeks that wouldn't send to Ireland.
    Used Parcel motel each time and no problems so far....the hardest bit is making sure you change your Ebay postage address to Belfast when you are ordering.

edit; Just had a quick look on Ebay and some sellers wont post this stuff to NI....but a couple will, best of luck with your resto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    ^^^^ What he said....and it will probably work out much cheaper than having it sent directly here (if you can find an Ebay seller that offers free, or cheap, UK only postage).
    I've got several things from different Ebay sellers in the past few weeks that wouldn't send to Ireland.
    Used Parcel motel each time and no problems so far....the hardest bit is making sure you change your Ebay postage address to Belfast when you are ordering.

edit; Just had a quick look on Ebay and some sellers wont post this stuff to NI....but a couple will, best of luck with your resto.
    The problem is the postage of hazardous materials can easy be more than the cost of the product, you'll have to find some one who will not declare what it is . I had the same problem when I was looking for wrinkle finish paint the can was £5 but the postage was nearly 20.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I've seen various UPOL products here in Ireland, so I assume it can be got here. The big question of course is price. I've seen a couple of motorfactors charge the over 30 yoyos for UPOL No2 weld-thru primer. Feckin' jokers. As much as I hate Halfords, it's half the price in there.

I'm kind of half wondering if it's a mad idea to ask Halfords if it's the sort of stuff they can special order in for you??

macplaxton wrote: »
    I've seen various UPOL products here in Ireland, so I assume it can be got here. The big question of course is price. I've seen a couple of motorfactors charge the over 30 yoyos for UPOL No2 weld-thru primer. Feckin' jokers. As much as I hate Halfords, it's half the price in there.

I'm kind of half wondering if it's a mad idea to ask Halfords if it's the sort of stuff they can special order in for you??

nice idea, but I doubt they will. Might call them in the morning.

I had thought of the Parcel Motel route, but none of the UK companies offer shipping outside UK mainland. :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I'm sure that some motor factors around here should be able to order in. U-POL products are distributed by CD Group who supply lots of motor factors.

http://www.cd-group.com/Paint/upol.html

However, given my price warning above and the way the Pound is going, I'd look to bag some from NI.

I'll keep 'em peeled as I've got a take a trip up there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

im looking for the same stuff for the same reason corglass. where are you? im in dublin during the week and either tipp or carlow at the weekends.

i know a guy from teds trucking, verrry sound fella. he does regular runs to the UK. im thinking of asking him to buy it over there and drop it to me here.... if we both buy it at the same time then it would work out cheaper for transport i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭CharlieZeroOne

might even be worth a mention on the 4x4 forums to see if anyone else wants some.

• Advertisement

Hi Redd4. I got sorted in the end. I managed to get it delivered to my door from the UK though a special avenue.

PM me if you still need it, it's epic stuff.

Corglass

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey, this is a loooong shot, but I don't suppose you are based anywhere near Dublin and have the UPOL Raptor spray gun and I could borrow it or buy it from you? I'm due to start a job with it tomorrow, but didn't get the gun and I'm not sure if other guns will work as easy, given the UPOL one screws right onto the bottles :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Mech1

cormie wrote: »
    Hey, this is a loooong shot, but I don't suppose you are based anywhere near Dublin and have the UPOL Raptor spray gun and I could borrow it or buy it from you? I'm due to start a job with it tomorrow, but didn't get the gun and I'm not sure if other guns will work as easy, given the UPOL one screws right onto the bottles :confused:

Ashgrove interparts sell the gun

Thanks! I went in but they weren't sure, they showed me Sealey shultz gun but weren't sure, I then went to another place, with the bottle this time, and they gave me another shultz gun and said it was all the same. €18!

Thanks! I went in but they weren't sure, they showed me Sealey shultz gun but weren't sure, I then went to another place, with the bottle this time, and they gave me another shultz gun and said it was all the same. €18!

Just to let you know, the raptor liner turned out incredibly well on my BJ40. Looks great after 4 or so years and protects the paint in areas that normally get scuffed with foot traffic. Recommend it highly

Awesome applied mine yesterday and very happy with the result. I had seen "black" examples of jobs and was happy to go with that as it had a kind of charcoal finish, but when I saw it, and when it first went on, it was very black and I was very disappointed, added to that, the finish was coming out very streaky, but we went back over it from a farther distance and it all blended in together and the finish turned more charcoal then too :)

Unfortunately, it was my first experience doing something like this, and the warehouse I did it in was full of paint dust after, absolutely everywhere! I did a lot of research into applying raptor etc, not once did I see any warnings on that though. Doing it outside probably would have been fine and avoided all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sheener287

Hi,

Sorry for posting in old thread but would anyone know where I get the Raptor U-POL Products 0726 GRAVITEX Spray Gun, can`t seem to get one shipped from UK and from the US it wont arrive till June. Paint landing next week so would like it by end of next week. Vinny Byrne have them but there very expensive there.

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure any shultz gun will do, that's what I used, it was about 20eur in a local motor factors.

Otherwise, you could use parcel motel/parcel wizard/address pal for a UK mail forwarder for €4 odd each.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sheener287

I'm pretty sure any shultz gun will do, that's what I used, it was about 20eur in a local motor factors.

Otherwise, you could use parcel motel/parcel wizard/address pal for a UK mail forwarder for €4 odd each.

Ok grand I’ll try consort for the Shultz gun perfect, I didn’t know you could you use motel/ parcel for UK only deliveries must remember that one. Thanks for replay.

No problem, yeah, that's the main selling point of them services, they act as a UK Address for sellers who only ship to the UK, or who offer free or much cheaper shipping to the UK as opposed to Ireland :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement