Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulk US Import?

Options
  • 23-08-2019 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

How's it going, does anyone ever do a bulk import for multiple people to cover the import/export fees?

There's some stuff I'd like to get from the US but the cost is obviously a bit steep for one person to cover.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

What do you want to import?:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

Midwest Industries 10/22 Chassis and Hand guard

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Midwest Industries 10/22 Chassis and Hand guard

Cant imagine you'll get many together to buy those tbh.

Does everyone have to get the same thing? I thought so long as it's all for the same license, i.e all 10/22 parts, it would be fine? You get exporters who can source items from multiple manufacturers/distributors?

Does everyone have to get the same thing? I thought so long as it's all for the same license, i.e all 10/22 parts, it would be fine? You get exporters who can source items from multiple manufacturers/distributors?

If you mean the US federal export liscense for the parts, then yes.An export license will cover multiple items. But good luck getting one from over here. You need to be a US citizen and registered US company or a EU branch of it to even start looking at this.As those export companies handle these on a daily basis over there they can do this alot quicker than we ever could. However, asfik the stocks are not listed military items so you should be able to get one without any massive problems.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

AFAIK because it takes a buffer tube and grip it's ITAR restricted.

What I mean is you get companies that export items from the US and they handle the paperwork on their end, the issue being that because the federal fee is ~200$ and then you have shipping, VAT, handling fees etc. on top of that it costs a lot for just one person to get a few bits.

That's why I'm wondering if people every get a bunch of stuff together, though I assume it has be under one person's name and unless they're an RFD they'd have to have an Irish firearms license for the parts getting imported.

AFAIK because it takes a buffer tube and grip it's ITAR restricted.

Nope! Its a lot more generic and covers everything from electronics down to recivers
    I posted this in its entireity a few months ago on one of these threads..
    What I mean is you get companies that export items from the US and they handle the paperwork on their end, the issue being that because the federal fee is ~200$ and then you have shipping, VAT, handling fees etc. on top of that it costs a lot for just one person to get a few bits.

Thats why the US company that cant be mentioned here,set up a EU wide franchise.People were havung too many problems with the 100 dollar export limit and with importing critical gun parts.I'd suggest giving them an email or call, and sak if they would include one in the shipping as a special order?

What you are suggesting will cost alot more in the long run than the stocks worth.

Advertisement