Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Billy Mays wrote: »
    What did you think of Trump's hissy fit with Denmark and his comments on the vast majority of American jews Outlaw Pete?

I don't suppose it's possible to get a straight answer to a straight question.. just deflection, deflection, deflection. .

And of course no acknowledgement at all that everyday, Trump descends deeper and deeper into psychotic behaviour and a bat**** crazyness that has not been seen in a ruler since the madness of King George. All these apologists for, and deflectors of, Trump's bizarre actions that are so damaging to the American Republic that was intended by the framers of the US Constitution will sadly have disappeared when Trump's reign is brought to a bitter end. Sadly, the damage he will have done by that time will take years to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Missed this yesterday given the MSM spent much of the day lying about Trump calling the Danish PM nasty, but seems he signed an executive order wiping out $750m in federal student loan debt for disabled veterans:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1164331482397204481

More great presidential actions from Donald J.

As far as I can discover, this EO does literally nothing, as the scheme has already been on the books for decades.

It's just pretending to be nice to veterans to nab some votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Missed this yesterday given the MSM spent much of the day lying about Trump calling the Danish PM nasty, but seems he signed an executive order wiping out $750m in federal student loan debt for disabled veterans:

I'm not calling *you* naive, sycophantic, idiotic, misleading and ignorant. I'm saying*your posts* are naive, sycophantic, idiotic, misleading and ignorant.

I'm sure you of all people will agree there's a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's so ****ing irritating that we have useless lump in the Whitehouse, the supposed leader of the free world but the world is in carnage at the moment and Trump and his politics have set USA back years and when he's gone the aftermath will be chaos

Right now the Amazon rainforest is deep trouble and it's the only thing stopping the climate emergency getting worse but we have Trumps friend as the Brazilian president destroying the rain forest

This is where America is supposed to step up and put there foot down but it's not going to happen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Brazil is its own depressing political situation for sure, for the reasons revolving around the Amazon. Bolsonaro first sacked the head of their space agency for linking recent satellite imagery with climate change, while just this week IIRC he claimed the fires were caused by environmentalists ... somehow. As said only international pressure might arrest his criminal negligence, but even then I wouldn't be sure.

• Advertisement

And, it has to be said, the use of terms like "naive, sycophantic, idiotic, misleading and ignorant" to describe the content of such posts is borderline misleading..

In fact their content is so far removed from any normally accepted sense of reality as to render them inflammatory, poisonous, outright lying pieces of blatant propaganda, race-baiting, misogynist, white-supremacist and simply attempted exculpatorial excusing for an Administration that is attempting racial denudation of the United States that is close to the attempts by the 4th Reich to denude Germany of so-called 'unter-mench'..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Were you able to find out which Dept of the Govt is/was trying to claw back debt payments from the veterans contrary to the efforts of the Education Dept to remind/advise the veterans of their entitlement to student debt forgiveness?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,156 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Headshot wrote: »
    It's so ****ing irritating that we have useless lump in the Whitehouse, the supposed leader of the free world but the world is in carnage at the moment and Trump and his politics have set USA back years and when he's gone the aftermath will be chaos

Right now the Amazon rainforest is deep trouble and it's the only thing stopping the climate emergency getting worse but we have Trumps friend as the Brazilian president destroying the rain forest

This is where America is supposed to step up and put there foot down but it's not going to happen

Have you watched too many Hollywood films? There is a general anti environmentalism in America. The car is next to god in America and food is regularly wasted.

Perhaps Americans need to sort out their own issues rather than saving the world.

And does any of Trumps sycophants find any fault with Sarah Huckabee Sanders joining Fox News straight from her White House gig ?

Not that such immediate employment had ANNYTHING to do with her previous attempts at denying truth at the White House!

So SHS gets a gig on Fox... Poor old Sean Spicer must do with Dancing with the Stars...

Jeez, Stephen King couldn't write this .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is this the strangest and bizarre week/ten days of Trumps presidency ? The complete lack of a train of thought and the lack of truth on issues regarding anything is amazing but also worrying given he's the president of the United States and makes George W Bush look like Einstein. It's nuts and if we think he's off the reservation now, just wait and see what happens if he somehow gets reelected ? Donald Trump not having to care about another election and four years ? Jesus help us all and mostly the USA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is this the strangest and bizarre week/ten days of Trumps presidency ?

Definitely, he's so far off the rails you can't even see the train anymore. I think he's slowly coming to the conclusion that the likelihood is he won't win in 2020 factoring in the recent economic news which destroys his main go to for votes. That brain of his can't comprehend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

everlast75 wrote: »
    If he had not quoted someone calling him the King of Israel/Second Coming earlier, then yes - I would 100% agree with you.

That I had not seen. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'm not calling *you* naive, sycophantic, idiotic, misleading and ignorant. I'm saying*your posts* are naive, sycophantic, idiotic, misleading and ignorant.

I do, but by your tone and sarcasm, it would seem you do not see the distinction, which is kind of ironic given that you are posting on a forum where one of the fundamental principles within the rules focuses upon that very distinction when it instructs the userbase to attack the post and not the poster.

Again, Trump said the Danish PM's 'statement' was nasty. He did not say that she was nasty.

Hasn't stopped the New York Times saying he did though but there you are.
    trump-nytimes-nasty.png

I do, but by your tone and sarcasm, it would seem you do not see the distinction, which is kind of ironic given that you are posting on a forum where one of the fundamental principles within the rules focuses upon that very distinction when it instructs the userbase to attack the post and not the poster.

Isn't is sad when someone posts a criticism of the content of a post, and the original poster sees that criticism as being focused on him rather than on what he said/wrote...

It's kinda like a microsom of how Trump sees criticism isn't it?

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    ...the original poster sees that criticism as being focused on him rather than on what he said/wrote...
    Eh, can you quote where that happened, Tom. Thanks.

Seems you have misread my post.......

The point of citing the charter was not to imply that the user had attacked me, as you have mistakenly inferred, but to point out the irony (as I said) that here was a user on Boards suggesting there is no distinction between the two things, attacking a comment and attacking the person who made it, when in fact the rules of Boards make a clear distinction between those two things.

Add the Irish Times to the list of leftist mainstream media that are fast and loose with the truth as they are also claiming Trump called the Danish PM 'nasty'.

image.png

Not just in the header either (which perhaps could be forgiven for clickbait purposes) but also within the body of the article too where they have no excuses:
    itnasty.png

Seems the Trump hating narrative is more important than accuracy these days let alone journalistic integrity.

No wonder he calls them the enemy of the people. Fake news indeed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Poor Trump. Always the victim.

Meanwhile, AP poll today has Trump with a 36% approval rating, 62% disapprove.

What's even more worrying for him is he has a 46% approval rating of his economy, with 51% disapproving. With an unemployment rate of 3.7%.

His re-election chances are getting dimmer by the day. Sure, his base will vote for him but they won't win him an election. And the racism, environmental policy (or lack of), corruption, policy on guns won't win over many moderates either.

https://apnews.com/1ad13f32984a4480a45738ead2b4c0d8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭amandstu

marno21 wrote: »

Meanwhile, AP poll today has Trump with a 36% approval rating, 62% disapprove.

What's even more worrying for him is he has a 46% approval rating of his economy, with 51% disapproving. With an unemployment rate of 3.7%.

His re-election chances are getting dimmer by the day. Sure, his base will vote for him but they won't win him an election. And the racism, environmental policy (or lack of), corruption, policy on guns won't win over many moderates either.

https://apnews.com/1ad13f32984a4480a45738ead2b4c0d8
    I wonder why he has negative ratings for the economy (rightly so,of course)

I would be disappointed but not surprised if he had positive ratings and I am wondering what are the salient points that turn people against him on that issue when it is obvious surely that on the surface things have continued to improve overall since the crash.

Yes they are right but why are they right,?

Do they realize that a dodgy "businessman" has created the foundations of a dodgy economy with his increase in the deficit?

I wonder what might be the main reasons.

marno21 wrote: »

Nice trite swerve but in no way negates the point.

Even the Washington Post, which probably has one of (if not) the greatest reputations of all news outlets worldwide, didn't just misreport the story, but in fact called him "unhinged" as they did so:
    Trump’s unhinged display should frighten everyone

We’ve seen him seriously consider “buying” Greenland, then cancel a trip to Denmark and then finally insult Denmark’s female prime minister, Mette Frederiksen, whom Trump characterized as “nasty” (his all-purpose insult to women who won’t do his bidding),

Note the last line there which also slyly suggests that the comment (which he didn't make) is I guess yet more evidence that he's the oft charged misogynist. Complete tripe of course, as if anything, Trump has lambasted more men and especially so with regards to the use of the word nasty.

But the truth doesn't seem nearly as important as keeping to script is for those wanting to maintain the leftist narrative on the current potus. Indeed, just this week, the NY Times were found to have been planning the narrative which they intend to abide by for the next two years, which will be to leave it in no doubt to their readers that Donald J. Trump is a racist:
    New York Times chief outlines coverage shift: From Trump-Russia to Trump racism

Dean Baquet, the executive editor of the New York Times, said recently that, after the Mueller report, the paper has to shift the focus of its coverage from the Trump-Russia affair to the president's alleged racism.

"We built our newsroom to cover one story, and we did it truly well," Baquet said. "Now we have to regroup, and shift resources and emphasis to take on a different story."

Baquet made the remarks at an employee town hall Monday. A recording was leaked to Slate, which published a transcript Thursday.

In the beginning of the Trump administration, the Times geared up to cover the Russia affair, Baquet explained. "Chapter 1 of the story of Donald Trump, not only for our newsroom but, frankly, for our readers, was: Did Donald Trump have untoward relationships with the Russians, and was there obstruction of justice? That was a really hard story, by the way, let's not forget that. We set ourselves up to cover that story. I'm going to say it. We won two Pulitzer Prizes covering that story. And I think we covered that story better than anybody else."

But then came the Mueller report, with special counsel Robert Mueller failing to establish that the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with Russia to fix the 2016 election. "The day Bob Mueller walked off that witness stand, two things happened," Baquet continued. "Our readers who want Donald Trump to go away suddenly thought, 'Holy ****, Bob Mueller is not going to do it.' And Donald Trump got a little emboldened politically, I think. Because, you know, for obvious reasons. And I think that the story changed. A lot of the stuff we're talking about started to emerge like six or seven weeks ago. We're a little tiny bit flat-footed. I mean, that's what happens when a story looks a certain way for two years. Right?"

Baquet used the gentlest terms possible — "the story changed" — but the fact is, the conspiracy-coordination allegation the Times had devoted itself to pursuing turned out to be false. Beyond that, Democrats on Capitol Hill struggled to press an obstruction case against the president. The Trump-Russia hole came up dry.

Now, Baquet continued, "I think that we've got to change." The Times must "write more deeply about the country, race, and other divisions."

"I mean, the vision for coverage for the next two years is what I talked about earlier: How do we cover a guy who makes these kinds of remarks?" Baquet said. "How do we cover the world's reaction to him? How do we do that while continuing to cover his policies? How do we cover America, that's become so divided by Donald Trump?"

The town hall was spurred by angry reaction, both inside and outside the Times, to a headline that many on the Left faulted for being insufficiently anti-Trump. After the El Paso shootings, when the president denounced white supremacy, the Times published a page-one story with the heading, "Trump Urges Unity Vs. Racism."

"I think one of the reasons people have such a problem with a headline like this ... is because they care so much," one staffer said to Baquet. "And they depend on the New York Times. They are depending on us to keep kicking down the doors and getting through, because they need that right now. It's a very scary time."

Baquet vowed a transition to a new "vision" for the paper for the next two years. "How do we grapple with all the stuff you all are talking about?" he said to the staffer. "How do we write about race in a thoughtful way, something we haven't done in a large way in a long time? That, to me, is the vision for coverage. You all are going to have to help us shape that vision. But I think that's what we're going to have to do for the rest of the next two years."

The headline controversy, it appears, was a preview of a new 2019-2020 New York Times. If Baquet follows through, the paper will spend the next two years, which just happens to be the run-up to the 2020 presidential election, building the Trump-is-a-racist narrative. (Baquet added, almost as an afterthought, that the Times will "continue to cover his policies.")

The employee town hall was not intended to be public. But the Times is a news organization, and no one could be surprised that a recording of it leaked, possibly by Times employees who want to push Baquet in an even more anti-Trump direction. In any event, it's now public. And the results will play out for the next two years.

The New York Times ladies and gents.... but yeah, let's pretend the mainstream media have been, and intend to be, fair to Donald Trump and not instead continue to misrepresent him at every turn and suggest he's a white supremacist sympathiser who thinks Neo Nazis are fine people and who wants to "exterminate" hispanics.

It's the leftist mainstream media that make these false claims over and over in the incessant desire to race bait so they control how people think and ultimately how they vote. That's their objective. Every time Trump is giving a press conference the questions fired are more often than not loaded questions. Not exactly they cliched 'When did you stop beating your wife?' but not far off it.

Like or loath Trump, and mostly in here it's loath, I fail to see how anyone could think how the media treat Trump is right and proper. You all know that the vast majority of stuff he is accused of saying is not accurate and disingenuous at best, so why be part of it?

Surely you can critique the man without resorting to that kind of scurrilous behavior. Or maybe we are too far gone here and I'm addressing people incapable of being impartial at this stage. Two years of saying he colluded with Russia to fix an election and I haven't seen one of you admit you got it wrong. So maybe I'm wasting my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,106 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think it’s seriously troubling that Trump as a Jewish American is referring to himself as “the Chosen One” of anything, much less while retweeting the claim that he is the 2nd coming of God and the King of Israel, and is accusing Democratic Jewish Americans of being “Disloyal.” He has extremist Christians at his beck and call, and seems to be happily poising himself as *literally the icon these people accused Obama of being,* albeit they accused him of being a Muslim. All we need now is more military tension with Iran and this will be a pretty sweet powderkeg. I am surprised more Republicans aren’t alarmed by a US President flagrantly endorsing the notion that he is a King of a foreign State. Paul Revere rolled in is grave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Christy42

Even the Washington Post, which probably has one of (if not) the greatest reputations of all news outlets worldwide, didn't just misreport the story, but in fact called him "unhinged" as they did so:

Note the last line there which also slyly suggests that the comment (which he didn't make) is I guess yet more evidence that he's the oft charged misogynist. Complete tripe of course, as if anything, Trump has lambasted more men and especially so with regards to the use of the word nasty.

But the truth doesn't seem nearly as important as keeping to script is for those wanting to maintain the leftist narrative on the current potus. Indeed, just this week, the NY Times were found to have been planning the narrative which they intend to abide by for the next two years, which will be to leave it in no doubt to their readers that Donald J. Trump is a racist:

The New York Times ladies and gents.... but yeah, let's pretend the mainstream media have been, and intend to be, fair to Donald Trump and not instead continue to misrepresent him at every turn and suggest he's a white supremacist sympathiser who thinks Neo Nazis are fine people and who wants to "exterminate" hispanics.

It's the leftist mainstream media that make these false claims over and over in the incessant desire to race bait so they control how people think and ultimately how they vote. That's their objective. Every time Trump is giving a press conference the questions fired are more often than not loaded questions. Not exactly they cliched 'When did you stop beating your wife?' but not far off it.

Like or loath Trump, and mostly in here it's loath, I fail to see how anyone could think how the media treat Trump is right and proper. You all know that the vast majority of stuff he is accused of saying is not accurate and disingenuous at best, so why be part of it?

Surely you can critique the man without resorting to that kind of scurrilous behavior. Or maybe we are too far gone here and I'm addressing people incapable of being impartial at this stage. Two years of saying he colluded with Russia to fix an election and I haven't seen one of you admit you got it wrong. So maybe I'm wasting my time.

You give out about the press over wording and report a story that is playing with wording. The New York Times was talking about how they will report on how Trump has divided the US by race. This is pretty accurate. Hey maybe he will do a massive u turn and stop being a racist and they will need to find something else, seems unlikely.

As for unhinged, incredibly accurate. The man pulled a temper tantrum after he was not allowed buy part of a country. Remember the visit was meant to have nothing to do with Greenland.

Did we get it wrong about Russia? His position as president seems to be the only reason he didn't get charged with obstruction, he himself could not be interviewed. Remember we had ages of Russia is not involved (Trump promised proof at one point) before that narrative eventually went. Then his team was found to have plenty of ties to the Russians throughout the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Pete, you should put in for some overtime as a janitor, because you have put in some serious time with that mop and bucket after Trump lately.

To me, you have zero credibility, despite your wordy posts, as you completely and utterly neglect to see what is in front of your eyes when it comes to Trump.

I cannot tell whether you are
    A) here to wind up people or
    B) here to test your debating skills or
    C) truly have reached a stage where you have rationalized his abhorrent behaviour because he serves some purpose so important, you deem it worth swallowing the sh1t sandwich that is his administration.

The reality is that he is narcissistic, he is nasty, his is abusive, he is petty, he is a coward, he is incompetent, he is racist, he is misogynistic, he sides with authoritarian figures and he is dragging the US down with him.

You can argue the semantics all day long (and that's what they are Pete - semantics) if you wish, but if you don't start with an acknowledgement of those basic facts then you operate in a different reality to me and therefore we will never convince the other that they are right.

Which is genuinely a shame. I would love to debate a Trump supporter. Sadly they are few and far between in here these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I think that is a fair summary, the media have at times been called out, and rightly. This 'absurd' play on semantics is a good example.

But if you want to be taken seriously you should also show the same outrage at his 10,000 plus lies and counting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Again this is wood for the trees deflection, criticising the tone of the press' reporting instead of the the actual content; whereby the US President cancelled a state visit because his idea to buy Greenland was rejected by the Danish government. Calling their PM "nasty", when in fact she was perfectly civil, all things considered. Did you even bother yourself to listen to the Danish PMs comments?? Trump's reaction was adolescent and disproportionate to the nature of the idea.

You're affecting this superior attitude of being above some undue press criticism instead of actually addressing the actions and words of the man in question.

This week he came out with a ludicrous idea to buy Greenland, then a series of dog whistle comments about Jewish "disloyalty", a common trope of anti semitic rhetoric throughout history.

Stop burying the lede. It's a transparently bad faith argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

“It’s an absurd discussion, and [Greenland Premier] Kim Kielsen has of course made it clear that Greenland is not for sale. That’s where the conversation ends,” she said.

These are the words the Snowflake in Chief called nasty and lead to him cancelling his state visit

It's not exactly at the same level of "there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever”, is it Pete?

Nasty ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,191 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Overheal wrote: »
    I think it’s seriously troubling that Trump as a Jewish American is referring to himself as “the Chosen One” of anything, much less while retweeting the claim that he is the 2nd coming of God and the King of Israel, and is accusing Democratic Jewish Americans of being “Disloyal.”

He has extremist Christians at his beck and call, and seems to be happily poising himself as *literally the icon these people accused Obama of being,* albeit they accused him of being a Muslim. All we need now is more military tension with Iran and this will be a pretty sweet powderkeg. I am surprised more Republicans aren’t alarmed by a US President flagrantly endorsing the notion that he is a King of a foreign State. Paul Revere rolled in is grave!

Trump, a Jewish American? No. He's some form of Protestant.
    His son-in-law and daughter are Jewish Americans.

Trump's the choice of the insane death cults that run through Christianity, like the Rapture and something new called 144k. All about hastening ascent to the afterlife where it'll be Elysian fields for everyone in the cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

Pete, you should put in for some overtime as a janitor, because you have put in some serious time with that mop and bucket after Trump lately.

To me, you have zero credibility, despite your wordy posts, as you completely and utterly neglect to see what is in front of your eyes when it comes to Trump.

I cannot tell whether you are
    A) here to wind up people or
    B) here to test your debating skills or
    C) truly have reached a stage where you have rationalized his abhorrent behaviour because he serves some purpose so important, you deem it worth swallowing the sh1t sandwich that is his administration.

The reality is that he is narcissistic, he is nasty, his is abusive, he is petty, he is a coward, he is incompetent, he is racist, he is misogynistic, he sides with authoritarian figures and he is dragging the US down with him.

You can argue the semantics all day long (and that's what they are Pete - semantics) if you wish, but if you don't start with an acknowledgement of those basic facts then you operate in a different reality to me and therefore we will never convince the other that they are right.

Which is genuinely a shame. I would love to debate a Trump supporter. Sadly they are few and far between in here these days.

Thank you for the above post. I was wondering how to respond to Pete's post, and I think you've pretty much nailed it.

I'm just wondering which would be sadder. 1. That he has so little to do with his time that he writes this type of tripe to wind people up or 2. That he actually believes what he's saying.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

General warning to the thread

Play the ball not the man.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

If you want the "mainstream media" you say to start treating Trump "right and proper" then he needs to be treating them "Right and Proper":mad:

Journalist and in particular MSM report on what they see and observe to the best of their ability. The WSJ WaPo etc have editiors checking facts double checking sources just to make sure they are sued for saying something wrong.

FROM DAY ONE! thought Trump just lied to their faces telling them BS and just made up stuff. Now these MSM guys are professionals and of course they will check what this lying ignorant buffoon just said to them and they will naturally say that is a lie.....just because he is called out for lying in paper is not being treated unfairly it just the truth......

It mightn't be the perceived reality that is in the mind of this narcissistic psychopathic egomaniac....but it is the truth....

I am getting tired of this...this whole Greenland Denmark fiasco is one of the craziest, mind bending, holy ****, wtf just happened things I have ever seen. In any other year or other dimension what Trump did to the people of Denmark and insulting them would be the biggest scandal of any other president. But here, ah what the hell! there's another scandal next hour...

The man needs to be removed from office ASAP....he is not well.....I'm getting angry now, Pelosi needs to get her **** together when they get back

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Good article in the FT this morning:

https://www.ft.com/content/66cc66b6-c45f-11e9-a8e9-296ca66511c9

In essence, that the world has changed due to Trump's rhetoric, and with the G7 meeting coming up, that basically him not f-ing things up further would be seen as a victory. Really sums up how low the standing of the US has fallen under his presidency.

Touches on the Denmark issue. I didn't realise it, but 50 Danish soldiers died fighting with the US in Afghanistan. Which in a proportionate ratio is a much higher death toll than the US have suffered. But Trump, who treats every relationship as a transaction, is willing to abandon historical relationships & diplomacy over some pathetic perceived slight.

Its really the issue I see with a lot of what Pete is posting. Its focussed on the minutiae of the press reporting of Trumps statements, rather than stepping back & saying, "The President of the US is having twitter spats with world leaders of nations that have supported & helped his country. There shouldn't be any need for press reporting of these things, because they just shouldn't be happening at all in the first place"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement