Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts on Golf Clubs in/close to South Dublin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Tempora

If any Stackstown member feels like watching me embarrass myself around 18 holes and signing my card after feel free to put yourselves down for 15:10 on Friday. :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Won't go wrong with Grange Castle. Professionally run club, course in good condition, lovely greens.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭srfc d16

Tempora wrote: »
    If any Stackstown member feels like watching me embarrass myself around 18 holes and signing my card after feel free to put yourselves down for 15:10 on Friday. :S

I am away this weekend but I should be available to help you out for any future cards you need. Pop a note up here if you need me

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CackHand

I am thinking of joining Old Conna next year as it suits my location and I know some members. I enjoy the course and find that it is always in perfect condition.

I would be interested in hearing peoples thoughts on the the course, the club feel members etc and how it stacks up to others in South Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

CackHand wrote: »
    I am thinking of joining Old Conna next year as it suits my location and I know some members. I enjoy the course and find that it is always in perfect condition.

I would be interested in hearing peoples thoughts on the the course, the club feel members etc and how it stacks up to others in South Dublin.

Old Conna is in Wicklow.
    Wicklow is the best county for golf courses in Ireland imo. Not many (if any) substandard courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Old Conna is in Wicklow.
    Wicklow is the best county for golf courses in Ireland imo. Not many (if any) substandard courses.

I'm fairly sure you could class Old Conna as close to South Dublin.

I was a junior member in old conna, but my dad is still there now. Members are nice, may be tough to get on timesheet at the peak times. Been years since I played it, but it's apparently much better than when I was there (15 years ago...christ). Enjoyable round!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Old Conna is in Wicklow.
    Its actually in Dublin, and its a really good well maintained course with a super club house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Its actually in Dublin, and its a really good well maintained course with a super club house.

My bad. I just associate it with Bray, but it's just inside the border it seems.
    Ah well, Wicklow's loss is Dublin's gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anybody know the membership price here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My bad. I just associate it with Bray, but it's just inside the border it seems.
    Ah well, Wicklow's loss is Dublin's gain.

The address is Wicklow alright.

Re price, I think it's like 1400 per year. Could be wrong on that though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Old Conna is in Wicklow.

Ooohh, try Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

Hi,

Looking to revive this topic. I’m a low teens handicap, moved to South Dublin this year and looking at clubs in the area. Any more recent recommendations? The proposals issue has me a bit stumped as I don’t know many members around here, but everyone seems to be doing it that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Russman

Anecdotally I've heard some clubs, especially if they've no waiting list, will hook you up with a proposer and seconder if you have a chat with them. At most they might put in a call to your home club.

Massive choice in south Dublin, and really all depends on your budget and expectations/wants. Head 15 mins out the N7 and you've the likes of Newlands, Beech Park, Slade Valley, Castlewarden (ok its Kildare). Closer to the suburbs there's anything from Grange/Castle/Milltown to Stackstown/Edmondstown/Rathfarnham etc.

Advertisement