Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Shaft

Options
  • 22-08-2019 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Would it make a difference to the performance of a driver to get an inch taken off the shaft? I find it alot easier to hit the middle on a shorter shaft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Stacksey wrote: »
    Would it make a difference to the performance of a driver to get an inch taken off the shaft? I find it alot easier to hit the middle on a shorter shaft

In theory u will lose swing speed. I play with a shorter shaft it's the lightest xflex I have used so not seen much if any of a drop off in performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

mike12 wrote: »
    In theory u will lose swing speed. I play with a shorter shaft it's the lightest xflex I have used so not seen much if any of a drop off in performance.

Ah thats fine, i'll give up distance for accuracy any day of the week, cant understand why drivers are being sold at 46 inches long

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I remember interviews with the guys on the long drive circuits in the US and when asked what they see stopping the regular guys like us getting into the long distances they all say the same thing, shaft too long

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Stacksey wrote: »

There is a video on YouTube (I think it's Peter Finch) search driver shaft v 3 wood shaft and in it he swaps a shaft from a Ping G400 3 wood into a G400 driver and the results were astounding..he only lost a few yards in distance but his dispersion was so much better that he said it was a no brainer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Grip down its the same thing. Wrap insulating tape around the top of the grip that you don't want to use. Benefit of doing that is the swing weight won't change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement