Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know More About Your Elves - #12 Posy

• 19-08-2019 8:14pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It’s August, September is just around the corner. The BT shop is open for business, Christmas sweets are in the supermarkets. It’s getting closer.

This week I have the distinct pleasure of introducing the wonderful Posy. Posy is simply put a legend of the Christmas forum. Her warm welcoming nature is one of the reasons I got drawn in to the Christmas forum.

She’s a pleasure to have in our community and a wonderful person to moderate with.

Now let’s kick off.

First music single you ever bought?
    Favourite meal if you had to pick just one?
    Fantasy selection box, 6 sweet treats, go!!

:)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What percentage of your Christmas shopping for 2019 do you estimate that you have done so far?

What would be your ideal Christmas tree in terms of real/fake, type of lights, decorations, colour scheme etc?

If you could somehow live in/experience a Christmas film, which one would you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi Posy !
    Here my questions:
    -Have you ever passed on a skill to someone else (sewing, driving...) ?
    -Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
    -What is your ideal number of people for a perfect party ?

Thanks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Android or apple?
    Popcorn or crisps whilst watching a movie at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My staple query to start...

What did you want to be when you gres up, as a kid, & how close to achieving that did you get?
    & also
    Favourite alcoholic (or non alcoholic) beverage?
    Top 5 desert island discs?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Howdy all! :)
    Loughc wrote: »
    First music single you ever bought?
    I remember buying Chocolate Salty Balls by Chef from South Park on cassette! Think that's the first! :D
    Favourite meal if you had to pick just one?
    Beef kung po, fried rice and a pile of prawn crackers. Nyom.
    Fantasy selection box, 6 sweet treats, go!!
    Hmmm...
    -Crunchy
    -Double Decker
    -Buttons
    -Boost
    -Wispa
    -Aero

• Advertisement

Scarinae wrote: »
    What percentage of your Christmas shopping for 2019 do you estimate that you have done so far?
    I would say 35%. I need to up my game now it's August!!
    What would be your ideal Christmas tree in terms of real/fake, type of lights, decorations, colour scheme etc?
    What a good question. :)
    I think I'd go old fashioned- red and green decorations, with coloured lights in part of my (imaginary, giant) house. And an ivory theme with clear lights in another part of my house.
    If you could somehow live in/experience a Christmas film, which one would you choose?
    Die Hard!!! :D:D

Jude13 wrote: »
    Android or apple?
    Andriod, definitely. Not an apple fan. One of my friends used to have an apple macbook and I couldn't make head nor tail of it! I do, however have a very old iPod, and use iTunes, so I'll stick with that until it runs out! :)
    Popcorn or crisps whilst watching a movie at home.
    Buttered popcorn if I'm in the cinema, but chocolate if I'm at home, like malteasers. Don't like crisps at all, so they're out of the equation. :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Beef kung po, fried rice and a pile of prawn crackers. Nyom.

Hmmm...
    -Crunchy
    -Double Decker
    -Buttons
    -Boost
    -Wispa
    -Aero

Jesus I feel like you’re speaking to my soul here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bloody hungry now Posy. That selection box Q is a great one.

DvB wrote: »
    What did you want to be when you grew up, as a kid, & how close to achieving that did you get?
    I never had a clue what I wanted to be. Still don't. :D Vet/veterinary nurse crossed my mind, as I love animals, but I was never serious about that, probably because of the huge amount of effort (and brains!) being a vet would take. I studied English in college, and teaching was the natural progression from there, so obviously I ended up in finance! :rolleyes:
    Favourite alcoholic (or non alcoholic) beverage?
    Alcoholic drink: Champagne/prosecco/sparkling wine. Or a nice merlot if it's with a meal.
    Non alcoholic: Water. It's just the best.
    Hot drink: Can't bate an auld cup of tea!
    Top 5 desert island discs?
    -Queen: The Platinum Collection
    -Billy Joel: Piano Man
    -Abba: Gold
    -The Seventies Album
    -The Ultimate Eighties

There will be a lot of cheese on my island! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do you have a pet?

Do you have a pet?
    I do, I have a mad border terrier. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Do you have an other half and do they have the same Christmas enthusiasm?

Do you have an other half and do they have the same Christmas enthusiasm?
    No.

No.

Was convinced you were Mrs Claus if I'm honest! ;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I do, I have a mad border terrier. :)

Ah they are super cute!! :)

Was convinced you were Mrs Claus if I'm honest! ;)
    I love Santa Claus, but I'm just not in love with him anymore. :pac:

Back to the questions...

Favourite season?
    Favourite TV show?
    Favourite book/author?

Favourite season?
    If we're counting autumn as the traditional September/October/November, I'll say autumn! (Cheat!)
    The crunchy brown leaves, days getting shorter, the appearance of twinkly Christmas lights around the towns and cities, the build up and anticipation for Christmas. Chunky knits and boots reappear in the shops and I go full on Christmas shopping mode. Plus, it's got Hallo'ween, which although not a fan of, involves carving a pumpkin, eating sweets and a bank holiday. I put up my tree in late November and usually have a week's holiday from work in Nov too, so it's got a lot going for it!

I can't say winter, because it includes January! :p

Where did your love of Christmas come from?

• Advertisement

If we're counting autumn as the traditional September/October/November, I'll say autumn! (Cheat!)
    The crunchy brown leaves, days getting shorter, the appearance of twinkly Christmas lights around the towns and cities, the build up and anticipation for Christmas. Chunky knits and boots reappear in the shops and I go full on Christmas shopping mode. Plus, it's got Hallo'ween, which although not a fan of, involves carving a pumpkin, eating sweets and a bank holiday. I put up my tree in late November and usually have a week's holiday from work in Nov too, so it's got a lot going for it!

I can't say winter, because it includes January! :p

Hmmm, I'm in the Aug/Sept/Oct = Autumn camp, but I'll let that slide here;)
    Good answer Btw!

Hmmm, I'm in the Aug/Sept/Oct = Autumn camp, but I'll let that slide here;)
    Good answer Btw!
    I am too, but I had to cheat to leave out the horror of January from my favourite season.

All the BER months are my favourite season really! :D

Favourite TV show?
    Too. Many. Shows.

Friends needs an honourable mention, as well as the UK Office, Father Ted, and Gavin and Stacey. Breaking Bad was superb, I can quote most early Simpsons by heart, and I never tire of Reeling in the Years! :)
    Favourite book/author?
    -Favourite book: Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
    I also love Jane Eyre, Great Expectations and the Harry Potter books.

As well as Mr Vonnegut and Mr Dickens , I think JK Rowling is up there at the moment as my favourite author. I'm reading her detective novels that she writes under her pseudonym and they're a cracking read!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What is your favorite shop and car?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Start off with my usual

4 people, dead or alive to have dinner with and why?

Best/favorite place you have been on holidays to or visited?

Where did your love of Christmas come from?
    Hard to pinpoint! Growing up, we always had nice Christmases, although very quiet. I have always preferred the build up to the actual day, although the presents and dinner are bearable I suppose. :pac:
    I remember as a child, feeling that I'd burst with the excitement at the thought of Santa's imminent arrival. I guess it's all about trying to recapture that magic and innocence. :)

Favourite Musical?

What is your favorite shop and car?
    Woodies for hardware and gardening, Next for clothes.

Favourite car- Volkswagen Golf, preferably in a nice funky colour!

TRS30 wrote: »
    4 people, dead or alive to have dinner with and why?
    Freddie Mercury
    Bob Mortimer
    Oscar Wilde
    Jeremy Clarkson
    Best/favorite place you have been on holidays to or visited?
    Lake Garda in Italy. So many towns and villages around the lake with contrasting landscapes, and even varying weather conditions depending if you're north or south of the lake. You could spend weeks there exploring. Beautiful.
    Also, a stone's throw from Verona, a couple of hours from Venice, and there is always an abundance of pizza, pasta and prosecco!

• Advertisement

Favourite Musical?
    For pure feel good factor, it's got to be The Sound of Music! :D

Advertisement