Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva Stadium Seating

Options
  • 24-04-2017 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have 2 tickets for Robbie Williams in the Aviva, I think they're about halfway up block 324. However I have found more tickets in row E in block 124 - would I be better going for them? I want to make sure they have the best view they can? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Block 324 is premium level and id pick them as bars and stuff are indoors and theres more space. Views are good from the other section too

Its a compact smallish stadium with excellent views throughout, sound can be a bit iffy

heres a few pics from ACDC there in 2015 and i was in Section 323 Row A

18157747_10154678645399372_6166970920835549652_n.jpg?oh=07a7034d7ff4d2d5eb2988e93db1562e&oe=598AD417

18157592_10154678645084372_3013954519091527545_n.jpg?oh=5deaa2acfd377b962ff66eebdb6bdc6b&oe=5994358C

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fudgie88

Thanks a million for that, really helpful! Was at acdc myself, fantastic gig! I think I'll stick with what I have then, it's for the folks so wanted to make sure they'd have a good view!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

The rows go A-Z then AA, BB etc from the front. 124 is in the southwest part of the stand so if I was you I would stick with the 324 tickets as you are higher up and would get a better view.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 crocko

Hi

Anyone know which side of the stadium the dugouts are, West Stand or East Stand?

crocko wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone know which side of the stadium the dugouts are, West Stand or East Stand?

Why are you asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 crocko

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Why are you asking?

Answered you in another thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Hi,

I've managed to get tickets to Wales game Sat 7th Sept.

I have only been to Aviva last November for a test game vs Argentina, plus a soccer game (arsenal vs chelsea - borefest!)

I'm a GAA fan first and foremost, but having moved to Dublin about 18 months ago now I'm trying to get into the rugby a little, and my girlfriend is a pretty big ireland fan.

Are there any bad seats in Aviva? I'm guessing it;s same as Croke Park - behind the goals is limited, sky high in upper stands you'll be looking at dots.

The tickets I've managed to get for Wales game are block 104 - lower east stand, 9&10. I've did a bit of looking on seat viewer on google and while they are close to the pitch and low down, should be grand.

The other choices I had were 313 premium level (in the corner) and also Block 525 upper stand row G. All face value.

https://www.avivastadium.ie/getting-here/finding-your-seat https://www.avivastadium.ie/getting-here/finding-your-seat

Thanks in advance to a newbie! Also thinking of giving my local rugby club a try during the winter now in D15. Never played, but I've been out of GAA now for a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Are there any bad seats in Aviva?

With the caveat that it's all a bit subjective, there's no bad seats

104 and 525 are both great. 104 will feel much closer to the action. 525 is more your TV view, you can see everything well but you're maybe a little detached

Personally I don't think the 300s are worth the extra (400s are though, often available for the least glamorous autumn international)

The North stand is the odd little one, they only build a small stand so as not to block light to local houses and it just doesn't feel right

The lower South stand, behind the posts is great for football (it's the "singing section") but I don't like it for rugby as the view of the far end is compromised

But, generally, it's all good. Enjoy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

With the caveat that it's all a bit subjective, there's no bad seats

104 and 525 are both great. 104 will feel much closer to the action. 525 is more your TV view, you can see everything well but you're maybe a little detached

Personally I don't think the 300s are worth the extra (400s are though, often available for the least glamorous autumn international)

The North stand is the odd little one, they only build a small stand so as not to block light to local houses and it just doesn't feel right

The lower South stand, behind the posts is great for football (it's the "singing section") but I don't like it for rugby as the view of the far end is compromised

But, generally, it's all good. Enjoy!

Thanks a mill - yeah the two premiums in 313 are 100 euro each i think, so 40 euro extra overall. i'll stick with 104 and bring my raincoat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill - yeah the two premiums in 313 are 100 euro each i think, so 40 euro extra overall. i'll stick with 104 and bring my raincoat!

Rain should only start to hit you if you are in Row A-U, after that you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Rain should only start to hit you if you are in Row A-U, after that you should be fine.

*Wind dependent

blackwhite wrote: »
    *Wind dependent

Yes! Having worked in most parts of the ground over the years, there are some very cold spots depending on wind direction. The East side can get very, very cold even on a warm day if there is an onshore breeze.

If you are in the East stand you will get wet if it rains as you are facing into the usual wind.

Level 3 requires lots of drink and tolerance. Can get unpleasant at rugby games.

Level 5 west.. High up but sheltered and warmer.

Advertisement