Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2s in an Open

• 20-08-2019 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭

Played in an Open last Sunday in a Dublin club, and when signing in at the Pro Shop was asked if we wanted to enter the 2s. All three of us said yes, paid our entries and we’re recorded as such by the pro.

By some miracle, I managed to land a bird on the final par 3 of the round - which made up for the 28 points total being returned :pac:

Question is - as a non-member - should I be giving the pro-shop a phone call to see what was won? First time I’ve come across 2s being done for non-members in an open so not sure on the etiquette. My home club does 2s, but only for members - so not sure how it’s handled when a visitor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I had a two in Palmerstown, said it would be recorded under my name for the next time I played there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Hoboo

blackwhite wrote: »
    Played in an Open last Sunday in a Dublin club, and when signing in at the Pro Shop was asked if we wanted to enter the 2s. All three of us said yes, paid our entries and we’re recorded as such by the pro.

By some miracle, I managed to land a bird on the final par 3 of the round - which made up for the 28 points total being returned :pac:

Question is - as a non-member - should I be giving the pro-shop a phone call to see what was won? First time I’ve come across 2s being done for non-members in an open so not sure on the etiquette. My home club does 2s, but only for members - so not sure how it’s handled when a visitor

Why enter and then not check with the pro shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Hoboo wrote: »
    Why enter and then not check with the pro shop?

In a rush afterwards to get to airport to collect the OH - beforehand I didn’t think about the logistics of claiming etc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

2s is usually credit in the shop. Buy something with your winnings next time you're there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Hoboo

blackwhite wrote: »
    In a rush afterwards to get to airport to collect the OH - beforehand I didn’t think about the logistics of claiming etc

I mean the next day, of course give them a call. Don't think they'd take the money from you if you couldn't win.

I know in our club it's put in the 2's book under a visitor section, they can then use it against shop purchases or green fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

A guest of mine won in the 2s at St Margaret's Scratch Cup recently. Pro shop had a voucher for him. I had to ask for him though so I'd reckon you'll need to call the club you played.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Majority of the time it’s credit in the shop. My own club don’t do 2’s in open/semi open events

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Had that experience. Lad in pro shop told me it was on account for me. Left it a year or two as I only play there two or three times a year. When I asked earlier this year I was told it had expired at end of year. No complaints at all, it's a sound club, but watch for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Had that experience. Lad in pro shop told me it was on account for me. Left it a year or two as I only play there two or three times a year. When I asked earlier this year I was told it had expired at end of year. No complaints at all, it's a sound club, but watch for that!

Headed to Spain next month for a weekend's golf, so I'll nip up to this club to purchase a few supplies either this weekend or next!

Advertisement