Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need for Speed: Heat - 2019

• 14-08-2019 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭

Releasing 8th November or free 10 hour trial on 5th November if you have EA Access.

Legal racing during the day to earn money, illegal racing at night to earn rep.

Apparently it has 'brand new handling'

Launch Trailer

Dev Blog:
    By now you’ve seen the reveal trailer (that's it above) and your mind is surely spinning with a number of questions and thoughts, let’s scratch that itch a bit.

Your freedom flows under the veil of darkness, but it comes with a risk. Where there is a risk, there is a reward, so it’s your call.

By day you’ll be competing for bank in the Speedhunter Showdown. A series of events that will have you racing and drifting your way to a big payday. When the sun goes down the heat levels rise.

As the night sky settles across Palm City you’ll be wanting to swap out legitimate events for those of a more underground nature.

Tear up the rulebook and the streets to make them your own. You might be building up your bank balance during the day, but at night is when your REP will be on the line. Take the risks and you’ll own the night.

Cops (cops, cops!) patrol Palm City with various levels of aggression, with their behaviour altering based on the time of day. During the day the Palm City PD will have a more casual presence. They’ll still be there as an ever present threat, but leave them alone and they’ll return the favour.

Once the city descends into darkness, the rulebook changes and you’re not the only ones breaking the rules. As the sun goes down, a rogue task force comes out to play. This task force, led by the ever so charming Lt. Mercer, will need no excuse to hunt you, and your car down. You’ll be meeting more of Mercer and his squad as you play through NFS Heat.

Push your car, and your nerves to the limit as you risk it all. Make one wrong move and your night is over. This is survival of the fastest, hold your nerve and don’t slow down.

The choice between day and night is entirely your call. Had enough of the day? Then simply head to your garage and you’ll be given the option to leave within the veil of darkness. From there you can make your own rules. Play by your rulebook, take chances and take home the prize.

It wouldn’t be NFS without customisation and you’ll be taking your car to new levels of personalization. We’ll be giving more details on this at gamescom next week, so no spoilers just yet.

What we can confirm is that customisation options are earned through the completion of in-game events. For example, you spot a street race on your map and notice it has a new performance part up for grabs. Win the race, win the part. Speed cards from NFS Payback are gone.

Fancy some gameplay? Be sure to keep an eye on the gamescom: Opening Night Live where you’ll get your first look of NFS Heat in action, including cops, day and night events, the garage, customization and our brand new handling model.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Will wait for more at Gamescom, and I really do hope they get this right.

"What we can confirm is that customisation options are earned through the completion of in-game events. For example, you spot a street race on your map and notice it has a new performance part up for grabs. Win the race, win the part. Speed cards from NFS Payback are gone."

Good to see Speedcards are gone, but still racing for parts rather than cash to buy your own parts. Unless they're something special that you can't purchase in game, it sounds like an area they could monitise. I'll reserve judgement until more details are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

From Dev on Reddit:
    World does have variety. It's my own personal favourite NFS world to date.
    Cops are back yes, big time.
    Day and night depends on what you want to do while playing. Both have their own pros and cons.
    Speedcards, yes, 100% gone
    Handling. Expect grip to be a lot better. Play it at gamescom next week.
    Visuals. It looks better than Payback.
    The game is called NFS Heat.
    When you get busted at night, your night is over. It's back to the day for you.
    Customisation, we've got some new bits but more on that later on.

I like how if you get busted at night, you get booted to day time although I'm sure you can just go to your garage and skip to night again but adds a bit of risk to night racing. I read you can gamble Rep which you earn at night as well so might be some high stake races.

I hope there's no Off-Road racing, hate when that gets tacked on.

Car list from trailer. Lots of super cars but some nice actual racers, Skyline, RX7, '74 Golf. My car Viper GTS is in even though I'm not a big fan of super cars in NFS, I'll def be adding it to my garage.

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/nfs-heat-car-list

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Tentatively excited (I do enjoy my racing games!). The handling will be a make or break for me - like a balance between arcade and simulation (not Burnout, but not iRacing!). Interesting idea with the day/night cycle (although amusing that a famous racer will get arrested after leading cops on a pursuit at night and that'll be that!).

🤪

Ugly car with a horrendous spoiler. Volvo must have paid EA money to make that the cover car. Fairly **** collectors edition.

ffdwuz2rrfg31.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

As CE's go, that's pretty awful.

"Aw man, I got that new NFS game. Went with the CE"
    What came with it?
    "Die cast model car, steelbook, magnets, and stickers"
    Stickers?
    giphy.gif?cid=790b7611fb5f5b94c5d6f418fb72c5d7d6e48156deb0d92d&rid=giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All CE swag is really just there to watch over you at night in your bedroom making sure your virginity is protected from being taken.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    All CE swag is really just there to watch over you at night in your bedroom making sure your virginity is protected from being taken.

I was gonna say HEY! but...

MV5BMDUzZDczODItMWFmNS00Y2E3LThmNWMtZjZlZjliM2I4MjIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAwODA4Mw@@._V1_.jpg

I was always raging I never picked up the Driver SF CE.

642835.jpg

I'll be honest, if I could afford it I'd probably buy nothing but CE editions. I had every Assassin Creed figurine up to Unity, have the Blades of Chaos from GoW (real ones, they nearly cut through my radiator when they fell off the wall). I have the Borderlands 2 Loot Box and what that came with, the night vision goggles from MW2, and loads more. I can't help it. Some people fill their mantlepieces and tables with pictures of their family, and random tatt. I surround myself with things I'm interested in.

I would nearly get that CE edition, but that spoiler really is terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I do like the idea of the switch between night and day. Nice to see Juicebox stickers get included in the game as well

• Advertisement

So many collectors editions I would have loved but any time I'm tempted, I think...I could buy 3-4 games instead of 1 game with a statue. Very very very tempted to get the Cyberpunk one.

In-game pic
    r33qce1czfg31.jpg

It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to be good. I've been lacking a good arcadey driving game and I can't justify buying an Xbox One X just to play Forza right now!

Gameplay trailer, actually looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I like how it seems that switching from day to night and back is something that you control, rather than a day/night timed cycle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The App is fun. Basically the car customising bit on your phone.

The App is fun. Basically the car customising bit on your phone.

Not compatible with my phone (One plus 3) even though i have the latest Android :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looks good. Any entry with cops is welcome. Surprised to see that it's not just track racing during the day and that cops could be after you then as well. Looking forward to it.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Looks good. Any entry with cops is welcome. Surprised to see that it's not just track racing during the day and that cops could be after you then as well. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, like they are just taking the best bits from each game. EA Access will be perfect for the 10 hour trial, will tell me everything i need to know.

Great video showing full day and night races with the guys thoughts. Looks and sounds like such an improvement over the last few ones. No more tapping brake to go sideways around a corner, takes a bit of skill this time. Really reminds me of the earlier need for speeds and it just looks gorgeous.

NFS released an update for the Heat Studio app, as announced on Twitter. I checked the Google store and it's showing up for me now.

Just an FYI in case anyone rise was looking for it but was incompatible with their device previously.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.gp.novanfs20

• Advertisement

Map looks and sounds great. No more hard stop obstacles in the road means you will crash through things and keep on going. No more blind turns to get rid of crashes into incoming traffic that you couldn't avoid. I really like the sound of this. In any Street racing game, you never know when i Street light, tree, etc is gonna just slow you down or stop you dead. This will keep the races nice and fast.

https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/status/1182657525231116292?s=19

Sounds good alright :D

They're making it sound good alright, but it'll all be about the gameplay. I'm getting a bit more faith on it, even with the Supercars included. Let's just hope they can actually pull it off, and bring us back to the glory days of Underground.

This just looks like fun, great Street racing, cheesy Racer story, beautiful graphics and the early cars are a joy to watch. I know it will end with with hyper cars but loving the look of it. Driving looks like it really improved over the last few games, such underground 2 vibes off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I know it will end with with hyper cars but loving the look of it.
    I hope the Porsche 918 Spyder is in it. An amazing car.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I hope the Porsche 918 Spyder is in it. An amazing car.

It is indeed. 6.24 of this vid. Nice actually there is a customisation rating now giving a basic view of how much you can customize a car.

The EA Access play first trial is Tuesday 5th of Nov, with the game releasing the 8th.

I will make a purchase decision from the trial I reckon :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The EA Access play first trial is Tuesday 5th of Nov, with the game releasing the 8th.

I will make a purchase decision from the trial I reckon :)

Completely forgot about that, definitely getting access again for that trial.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Completely forgot about that, definitely getting access again for that trial.

If you want to pick up the disc version after you play the trial, you can still order online at Smyths on the Tue or Wed and pick it up for €55 on the Friday!

• Advertisement

Launch trailer is out. You can use the app, create your own car and generate your own version of the main car like PlayStation did.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1188861920436260864?s=19

Advertisement