Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggested broker to daytrade US stocks.

Options
  • 18-08-2019 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Have been keen on investing the last year or so have been watching lots of people trading stocks in the us market, I have been practicing paper trading with tradezero and have been profitable and want to fund a account. Tradezero recently updated there platform and I don't feel comfortable with it anymore. Is there anyone here day trading US stocks and what broker are you using? I hear interactive brokers, suretrader and tradenet are alternatives but interested in hearing what people are using.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭XMG

I use interactive brokers, no problems and the fees are low. Has all the charting tools you need and fairly customizable (hot keys, almost a must if day trading)

I use a stream deck tied to hot keys for fast in and out trades (earnings / news / volatility etc)

I’ll add that using real money is very different to paper trading, as you’ll find out. Good luck and preserve your capital 😊😊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

ali-d1936 wrote: »
    Have been keen on investing the last year or so have been watching lots of people trading stocks in the us market, I have been practicing paper trading with tradezero and have been profitable and want to fund a account.

- Learn the difference between investing and trading
    - Paper trading does not simulate reality and can be very misleading
    - The only way to make consistent money in trading is to be the picks and shovels man.

Advertisement