Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching the RWC in the USA (legally)

Options
  • 17-08-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

The RWC is fast approaching and I’m searching for a way to legally and reliably stream preferably all but more importantly Ireland’s matches. I’ve researched a bit and have come up with Rugbypass and IPTV. Rugbypass is pricier and I think has replays, whereas IPTV seems to be just streaming. Does anyone use either of them? Will both have all of the matches? And are both reliable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

The RWC is fast approaching and I’m searching for a way to legally and reliably stream preferably all but more importantly Ireland’s matches. I’ve researched a bit and have come up with Rugbypass and IPTV. Rugbypass is pricier and I think has replays, whereas IPTV seems to be just streaming. Does anyone use either of them? Will both have all of the matches? And are both reliable?

Have you seen the price NBC want for their WC package? $200 for all the games. Absolute chancers, ****ing disgraceful gouging.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Have you seen the price NBC want for their WC package? $200 for all the games. Absolute chancers, ****ing disgraceful gouging.

220 actually but relax you can pay per pool game at an attractive 30$ a game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Yeah saw that, didn’t even bother mentioning it. Network tv is ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Have a sling box in ireland and can log in and view whatever I like when at home in the States...quality is perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Jesus I had nbc gold for rugby last year, the deal was ok I thought for the season but 220 for one tournament?! Thanks for doing the research for me! I am not flying to Ireland soon but I wonder could I get an aws server in Ireland and stream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

If you are just travelling in the US during the world cup and you have an eir mobile sport app linked to an eir mobile or eir broadband account, just bring a Chromecast and cast to a TV wherever you are staying. I just checked and can play mine and am not at home in Ireland. You can have it on two devices per account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

https://www.eir.ie/sport/chromecast/

The eir sport green app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    If you are just travelling in the US during the world cup and you have an eir mobile sport app linked to an eir mobile or eir broadband account, just bring a Chromecast and cast to a TV wherever you are staying. I just checked and can play mine and am not at home in Ireland. You can have it on two devices per account.

Unfortunately i’m a permanent resident, don’t think that’s a viable option.

Is there a channel in the Eir sports package that will have every game? Because surely I’ll be able to find an IPTV service that provides it if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

If you're going down the streaming route, it might be easier finding a service that has the ITV channels. They have every match fta in the UK on either ITV1 or ITV4.

https://www.itv.com/rugbyworldcup2019/schedule-rugby-world-cup-2019

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Popeleo wrote: »
    If you're going down the streaming route, it might be easier finding a service that has the ITV channels. They have every match fta in the UK on either ITV1 or ITV4.

https://www.itv.com/rugbyworldcup2019/schedule-rugby-world-cup-2019

Surely this requires a UK internet connection just like BBC i player?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yeah saw that, didn’t even bother mentioning it. Network tv is ****ed.

That's not network TV though.

In answer to your question, neither IPTV nor Rugbypass are legal. The answer is NBC but 230 dollars?? Jaysus.

Surely you know someone in Ireland who gets their broadband from Eir and would give you their login details?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

That's not network TV though.

In answer to your question, neither IPTV nor Rugbypass are legal. The answer is NBC but 230 dollars?? Jaysus.

Surely you know someone in Ireland who gets their broadband from Eir and would give you their login details?

Excuse my ignorance but is RugbyPass illegal? I use RugbyPass in Germany, a country where illegal downloads often severely punished. Although I haven’t heard any horror stories regarding streaming. Sorry for going off topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I use RugbyPass. You can watch the games on-demand, they put out a condensed version for the games you don't want to watch in full, quality tends to be quite good, I have no hesitation recommending it.
    mogwai81 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but is RugbyPass illegal? I use RugbyPass in Germany, a country where illegal downloads often severely punished. Although I haven’t heard any horror stories regarding streaming. Sorry for going off topic!

RugbyPass basically only have the rights to show rugby in parts of Asia. They aren't the rights-holders to anything in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

In Thailand and I've used rugbypass for the Six Nations and European Cup games the last few games and its a very good service. Games can be watched live or on demand and yes it is a bit pricey but well well worth it for something like the world cup.

Advertisement