Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics Clubs in Dublin

Options
  • 16-08-2019 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I am in my 20s and I am looking to join a club in Dublin. What clubs would have a majority of people in my age bracket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JMSE

The clubs exist only because of the trojan work of the older and former members, I doubt there’ll be one with a majority membership of 20 year olds. You’re looking for a running group if there is such a one. Normally runners train with people of similar abilities regardless of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

opfleet wrote: »
    I am in my 20s and I am looking to join a club in Dublin. What clubs would have a majority of people in my age bracket?

Here is list of membership numbers.

https://www.athleticsireland.ie/downloads/other/July_2019_Club_Month_end.pdf

Senior would refer to 20-34 years.

It would also depend on what event you plan on doing? Might help. I recently just left my 20s and was in a club with only approx 5 runners in that bracket however there are plenty older to link in with.As said above the general demographic of most distance/marathon runners would be a bit older however there are exceptions. The big clubs such as Clonliffe, Raheny, DSD tend to have the larger base of Junior runners (u20) who progress through.

Advertisement