Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Info for classic car needed.

Options
  • 15-08-2019 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭

My poor old banger has lasted 30 yrs:eek: and still going and have filled out form and posted back with logbook.
    New tax disc arrived a while ago e56:D:D with receipt and nothing else. I presume i will be getting a new logbook but query is on those old style number plates and wondered is it a new reg number i will get or same one used but in black.First and only adventure into classic era.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If im reading the post right, your car has just changed to vintage classification. Everything else stays the same.

If you want to change the reg style (number wont change unless you request a ZV number), you can just go into a motorfactors etc and get them changed. But no need to do it, if the reg you have is appropriate for the year/make.

In relation to the logbook, I always got the original brown log books back. I cant remember if it came separately though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I never had the brown one as remember that from previous cars i owned. I did have a slip of paper as it was a jap import. Grand no need for reg plate.Might have to come from Shannon as my disc might have been from Dublin.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

greasepalm wrote: »
    My poor old banger has lasted 30 yrs:eek: and still going and have filled out form and posted back with logbook.
    New tax disc arrived a while ago e56:D:D with receipt and nothing else. I presume i will be getting a new logbook but query is on those old style number plates and wondered is it a new reg number i will get or same one used but in black.First and only adventure into classic era.
    Cheers.

greasepalm wrote: »
    I never had the brown one as remember that from previous cars i owned. I did have a slip of paper as it was a jap import. Grand no need for reg plate.Might have to come from Shannon as my disc might have been from Dublin.
    Cheers.

Am I the only one who hasn't a f*****g clue what this is about?

Ok i was unsure as to what to do when i changed my normal expensive car tax to vintage/classic.

Filled out the correct forms and posted them with my log book.

I received tax disc for new vintage/classic status but no logbook [ yet ]

No idea from where logbook is coming from so might take a few days

No need to change number plates as i was unsure.

I am just happy now with the cheaper tax.

@w124man must be the Dublin accent:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

w124man wrote: »
    Am I the only one who hasn't a f*****g clue what this is about?

So far, yes:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

When your car hits 30 years and you want to avail of the €56 tax?
    I think most people just walk in to the tax office a do it over the counter there and then.
    You don't have to change to a zv when it hits 30 years old, it's just an option, you keep the same number.

Reading up on where i had to go and parking in town scarce and expensive so i decided registered post maybe overkill.
    The last time i was in a tax office was Nutgrove shopping centre.
    Yes driving 2 cars and the other one taxed think e700 so nice in having a saving now.

Update i have now got a brand new logbook from Shannon which is now the same as my other cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

is it the case that the OP was expecting the reg no to change to a ZV automatically? You can swap to ZV if you really want to but in my view a 1989 car should have a 89 X xxxx number and plain white plates

I was unclear as been told i would not get it or had to have this and that to comply with new regulations.
    I also assumed my reg would change but happy to have the same old euro plate.

Basically all i did was fill in a downloaded form with details and posted back with logbook and received disc first and next day new log book and possibly took about a week.

Never know if someone else will also be going this route and if their car is looking fantastic then maybe option of the old style will suit.
    Thank folks for input.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

many people go for old style black and silver plates and will tell you it's perfectly OK, however on an 89 it strictly isn't OK although many get away with it. You'd probably have to put the old plates back on for the NCT

• Advertisement

No worries as nct is due 2021 wow so will leave them on as not a big deal with the appearance of the car.

Advertisement