Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get something to eat close to croke park

Options
  • 14-08-2019 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Where is the best place to get something to eat close to croke park or in the city centre.

Hope to go on the train to heuston and then to connolly and walk up to croke park.

Where would the best place to eat be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

The choice is endless on that route. Get off the luas at Abbey street, not Busarus/Connolly, and walk up O Connell street.

Along that route you have a world of choice, hotel grub, Michelin star restaurants, fast food, pub grub, carvery, Italian, Chinese, Indian, Korean, Thai, BBQ, Kebabs. Closer to the stadium there will be lads outside their chippers with a grill cooking up burgers.

You're in Dublin city centre, just stop somewhere that takes your fancy imo and enjoy.

Edit: a favourite of mine is The Kingfisher, a small green building on Parnell Street at the top of O Connell street. Simple food but great prices and excellent staff. Go there every time I go to a match and never disappoints. Always busy too which is a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

The traditional cavery would do on sunday! Or any good Sunday lunch menu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

kala85 wrote: »
    The traditional cavery would do on sunday! Or any good Sunday lunch menu

Wynns, its literally on the Abbey street luas stop. They do a carvery.

Flanagans, halfway up O Connell street next to the Dublin Bus office would be more "homely" and suit what you're looking for. Also the kingfisher I mentioned above is what you're after. I think Madigans on O Connell street do carvery, not sure about busy match days but food is good.

Failing that, supermacs is on the corner of Abbey street and o Connell street :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Do what all your ancestors have done and wrap your lunch in tinfoil, bring it with you and sit in your seat in Croke Park and eat it and enjoy the fact that you didn't pay €10.50 for four chicken nuggets after you ordered goujons.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Do what all your ancestors have done and wrap your lunch in tinfoil, bring it with you and sit in your seat in Croke Park and eat it and enjoy the fact that you didn't pay €10.50 for four chicken nuggets after you ordered goujons.

;)

Bring the auld hang sandwiches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

kala85 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get something to eat close to croke park or in the city centre.

Hope to go on the train to heuston and then to connolly and walk up to croke park.

Where would the best place to eat be?

Bring the sambos wrapped in the Brennan’s bread wrapper.

Advertisement