Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW2 Captain

• 11-08-2019 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Seems for now theres only 4 main captain choices

Who will be your captain in GW 2? 225 votes

Kane away to city
    0%
    Sterling home to Spurs
    0%
    at9qu5vp0wcix7KathleenGrant 2 votes
    Salah away to Southampton
    15%
    dave13elefantcrushproofDubh GeannainMars BartimbelMiley Byrnejimmiitoutsmno101Stroke PoliticsMR NINEmuppet_2008manual_manlazywholeVW 1spannerismbennyineirehullabullooTipsy McSwagger 34 votes
    Aubamayang home to Burnley
    65%
    XterminatorDingatronPáidmachiavellianmethe whole year innThe wonderfishuRbaNbohsmanRedorDeadSparkoLemlinevil_seedMacker1bofpatmacNalzronan.hBenzinoeoghan104NapoleonInRags 148 votes
    Other
    18%
    SkySterremoteboyilluminmuletideGLaDOSL'profkwestfan08daheffwitnessrenegadebrock92[Deleted User]Mockba8-10Green&Red2nd Row DonkeyTaxedalotdaregoScorpion Stingsarciegitlanger91 41 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Other
    On Salah atm but may switch to Auba if I get him in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

On Salah atm but may switch to Auba if I get him in

Burnley are a pretty good side, I think they are much better than Southampton. Wouldn't be surprised to see Burnley get s result against the gunners

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Other
    Aubameyang. Salah coming back from Turkey a few days before one of the furthest away games in the league makes this an easy choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If I had Auba I’d certainly captain him. But I wouldn’t transfer him in just to do that. Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Other
    c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Burnley are a pretty good side, I think they are much better than Southampton. Wouldn't be surprised to see Burnley get s result against the gunners
    Burnley are a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team. Arsenal won't like their no nonsense approach but Arsenal are certainly capable of tearing them apart. Arsenal should improve next week if Luiz comes in for Chambers, allowing them to play out from the back better, and Laca and/or Pepe starting. If Salah gets any sort of significant game time midweek, I'llbe going with Auba over him.

• Advertisement

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Burnley are a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team. Arsenal won't like their no nonsense approach but Arsenal are certainly capable of tearing them apart. Arsenal should improve next week if Luiz comes in for Chambers, allowing them to play out from the back better, and Laca and/or Pepe starting. If Salah gets any sort of significant game time midweek, I'llbe going with Auba over him.

Burnley aren't in Europe, and Dyche as abandoned the system they started last season with, which is why they started so poorly last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mines Currently on Digne.

Feeling risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Other
    I had Auba in my GW1 team specifically as a captain option for this week. Going to stick with him and hope he claws back some of the damage from not having Kane or Sterling last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    I had Auba in my GW1 team specifically as a captain option for this week. Going to stick with him and hope he claws back some of the damage from not having Kane or Sterling last week.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’m fairly sure it was Burnley at home I captained auba for last season
    The most frustrating 90 minutes of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,328 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Salah atm but very tempted to put it on Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    I’m fairly sure it was Burnley at home I captained auba for last season
    The most frustrating 90 minutes of the season

Auba got 2 at home against burnley in a 3 1 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Auba got 2 at home against burnley in a 3 1 win.

He also got 2 away in a 3 1 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Other
    Auba

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lacazette I think

Salah second choice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Xterminator

gunners were lucky to come away with a win at weekend. there not firing on all cylinders. IMO its a big risk to go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

gunners were lucky to come away with a win at weekend. there not firing on all cylinders. IMO its a big risk to go with them.

Lacazette and Pepe most likely to start this weekend.

Luiz probably too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Really tough call... If Liverpool play a decent amount of first teamers tomorrow against Chelsea, I would opt for someone other than Salah, but on the other hand he could get more match sharpness by playing.....oooh.

Southampton are a decent enough side and often a thorn in Liverpool's side when they goto st. Mary's (they still play there don't they?), mane usually does well against Southampton.

Kane hasn't had his traditional slow start so, with that in mind, and the great start man city had, I would suggest someone other than sterling might be a better option ... Is aguero back yet? I think man city will win the game 2-0, with kdb and aguero getting the goals (I have neither in my team)

Arsenal... Haven't seen them this season but given last year's results (mentioned above), I would suggest they will win comfortably enough 2-0.... Possibly PEA getting one and a defender getting the other.

As for who to captain.... I would suggest grey at Watford (mainly because I have him in my team, Everton didn't score last week so will be trying to get some sort of a result , Watford were tonked last week so will be hoping to keep a clean sheet and maybe nick a goal.... Or two)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Salah away to Southampton
    As for who to captain.... I would suggest grey at Watford (mainly because I have him in my team, Everton didn't score last week so will be trying to get some sort of a result , Watford were tonked last week so will be hoping to keep a clean sheet and maybe nick a goal.... Or two)

Not sure I agree with the logic of: Watford were useless last weekend, and so will be hoping to score next weekend, so captain their striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Same

Same here too. It doesn't feel great but feels kneejeeky to do anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

KDB for me, cometh the hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Sterling for me. Ok unlikely to get back to back hat tricks but city look like they will score at least three every game

Other
    Those voting Salah only doing it because they haven't got PEA

Auba the better choice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Probably Salah at the minute but Sterling vice.

If you have Auba he’s surely the pick. Arsenal weren’t amazing the weekend but he still had decent chances. No Auba/Kane for me so choice made easier!

elefant wrote: »
    Not sure I agree with the logic of: Watford were useless last weekend, and so will be hoping to score next weekend, so captain their striker.

It's more of ....
    Because they were comprehensively beaten the manager will work extra on defence, I would expect west ham to also work harder on their defence in training this week, gray was in good form in preseason and I feel he will be capable of getting on the scoresheet, Everton failed to get their striking target (zaha) during the transfer window, they are not a team with a prolific strike force and in my opinion ... It should be a victory for Watford.

I don't think west ham have it in them to survive this season and don't think they will win or draw this weekend.

I have Salah, Auba & Sterling. Very much leaning towards Salah as it stands, super cup might change my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Those voting Salah only doing it because they haven't got PEA

Auba the better choice

whys that

Salah has 5 goals and an assist in games against Saints - all clean sheets.

I've both and I fear a more organised Burnley defence this season. Also wary of Haggenhusselhattel at home but feel Pool are a much stronger team across the board so will create chances against all teams home and away

Other
    Taxuser1 wrote: »
    whys that

Salah has 5 goals and an assist in games against Saints - all clean sheets.

I've both and I fear a more organised Burnley defence this season. Also wary of Haggenhusselhattel at home but feel Pool are a much stronger team across the board so will create chances against all teams home and away

I would argue Burnley at home is the easier game than Saints away

Plus Salah has the midweek game and that flight to Turkey and backto deal with

Lacazette, Luiz and a few others to return and supply more ammunition for PEA

Seems a no brainer to me, although notoriously the early Saturday motning captaincy has gone tits up for me

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Is Pukki madness considering I have Salah and Sterling?

• Advertisement

Is Pukki madness considering I have Salah and Sterling?

Not madness, but it’s a gamble.

I would say wait until after super cup to decide, if Salah plays.... he either gets more match sharpness or will be a bit tired from travel (as will most of the squad)

Sterling was a serious points magnet for home games last season, but they play spurs with a Harry Kane who has started scoring.

Advertisement