Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No log book

Options
  • 12-08-2019 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Looking at a classic car, it looks in good condition but no log book with it.

I've done history check on it, shows it hasn't been taxed or nct'd in over 12years, it has Irish plates but is on the wrong tax rate (over 30yrs old)

What is the procedure to go about getting the log book, taxing and testing it?

I've read a few threads from years ago, but someone said you can no longer avoid paying back tax?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Your tax obligations start from the day you buy it (or rather the first of the month).
    No back tax problems.

Have the seller contact Shannon about getting a log book for it. That way you don't have to worry about legal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'm constantly amazed on forums that any information thats needed regarding anything is readily available with a quick search on Google.....just sayin..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Feel free to google it for OP and add a link to the info in here.
    Not everyone's google powers are as strong as ours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

biko wrote: »
    Feel free to google it for OP and add a link to the info in here.
    Not everyone's google powers are as strong as ours :)

But that would be saying that theyre just lazy....i'm in me 60's....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

biko wrote: »
    Your tax obligations start from the day you buy it (or rather the first of the month).
    No back tax problems.

Have the seller contact Shannon about getting a log book for it. That way you don't have to worry about legal issues.

Thanks for that Biko.

The reason I asked here is because there's too much conflicting information on other sites.
    forum
    /ˈfɔːrəm/

noun
    a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

you have to ask yourself why it has no taxbook and if it is safe to buy it.

I'd ask the seller to apply for a new book .

There is no back tax liability to a new owner.

Advertisement