Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6 counties thread

• 10-08-2019 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I feel since we are either banned or forced to leave this forum there should be a forum for the 6 counties. There are no active 6 county threads no matter how I try and revive them.

I wonder if they are still posters around.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I am from South Derry but I don't attend games anymore due to several reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

I am from South Derry but I don't attend games anymore due to several reasons

Derry are a v underrated team tbh. Done v well this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Seadin

They won an All Ireland in 1993.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

They are one of worst teams in Ireland but who knows what way things will change with new manager. Johnny McBride is in the frame for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Good idea Strabane man. Will mean less people see your ridiculous predictions.

Although SF accepting partition ought not to mean that we partition the GAA :-)

• Advertisement

They are one of worst teams in Ireland but who knows what way things will change with new manager. Johnny McBride is in the frame for it.

You really think so? I think Derry are hugely underrated. Any other province they'd be competing

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I feel since we are either banned or forced to leave this forum there should be a forum for the 6 counties. There are no active 6 county threads no matter how I try and revive them.

Banned or forced to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,447 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You really think so? I think Derry are hugely underrated. Any other province they'd be competing

Every county competes. Derry's record in Ulster is dismal. No title since 1998, only in 2 finals since, and the second worse overall record after Fermanagh.

And in the Qualifiers which was brought in to give provincial no hopers like them a second chance, their record is equally unimpressive.

Every county competes. Derry's record in Ulster is dismal. No title since 1998, only in 2 finals since, and the second worse overall record after Fermanagh.

And in the Qualifiers which was brought in to give provincial no hopers like them a second chance, their record is equally unimpressive.

I'm talking about this year though.

I reckon they could get to the final of the weakest province, Leinster for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,447 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I'm talking about this year though.

I reckon they could get to the final of the weakest province, Leinster for instance.

Meath hammered Laois in the Leinster semi final, Laois beat Derry in Derry in the Qualifiers, so probably not.

Unless you think they would have emerged from the Dublin side of the draw?

• Advertisement

Even Tyrone people don't consider Strabane to be part of them.

Town of hoods and touts as I recall/

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Even Tyrone people don't consider Strabane to be part of them.

Town of hoods and touts as I recall/

Try harder

Cathal McShane amongst others are from there

He looks the part alright!

So was Flann O'Brien but he probably couldn't write before we took him in!

I like Tyrone - see my defence on other thread :-) - but never liked Strabane. Dodge City man.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    He looks the part alright!

So was Flann O'Brien but he probably couldn't write before we took him in!

I like Tyrone - see my defence on other thread :-) - but never liked Strabane. Dodge City man.

Yeah it certainly would be dodge town for partionists as it's probably the most Republican town in the North.

I have been living in Belfast the last 8+ years or so. East Belfast would be the place for you. Short Strand would be dodge city for you but everywhere else would be right up your alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Locking this. Each county can have their own thread here but a thread dedicated to the '6 counties' flies in the face of both the Ulster championship and the ethos of the GAA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement