Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thread for Maggots!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im guessing we wont get Knotfest? I remember reading that Corey wanted to bring it over to Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Im guessing we wont get Knotfest? I remember reading that Corey wanted to bring it over to Europe

No, with those cities could nearly guess the Arenas even.

They brought Knotfest to France a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,926 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What would be the venue for this? Is it indoor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

rob316 wrote: »
    What would be the venue for this? Is it indoor?

I assumed 3 arena

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I assumed 3 arena

Savage, I love going to gigs there so intimate and great sound. This is a sure sell out.

• Advertisement

Always fascinated to see he biggest indoor arena in the country described as intimate :pac:

Always fascinated to see he biggest indoor arena in the country described as intimate :pac:

It's what 10k capacity and it's not a 360 arena, the sounds go in one direction so ya it's intimate enough. It's more an ampitheatre than arena.
    In comparison to the Manchester arena or the O2 London with double the capacity.

It's what 10k capacity and it's not a 360 arena, the sounds go in one direction so ya it's intimate enough. It's more an ampitheatre than arena.
    In comparison to the Manchester arena or the O2 London with double the capacity.

Literally lists the 2 biggest arenas in the UK :pac:

Enjoy hearing your argument as I said this truly fascinates me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Between the teaser songs from the new album and now Dublin as the kick off to the European tour, dare I say it I'm frickin excited.
    I've been a follower of the knot for neigh on 20years at this stage. Jaysus they're daycent.

Literally lists the 2 biggest arenas in the UK :pac:

Enjoy hearing your argument as I said this truly fascinates me :P

No argument mate I just think it's a treat that we get to see them in a smaller venue compared to an outdoor gig. It's more the setup of the 3 that makes it intimate than the size.

Anyway it's 20 years as a teen I was headbanging to the self titled album and I've never seen them live. Really excited for this one.

• Advertisement

No argument mate

I meant in terms of putting your discussion forward not any ill will ;)

Personally wouldn't usually be describing any venue over 1k as intimate.

Should be a good one for sure hopefully confirmation of the date very soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't think much of this new song, I appreciate his voice in it but it did nothing for me, it was the first time a show i've been at has been in a music video so i did enjoy seeing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Savage, I love going to gigs there so intimate and great sound. This is a sure sell out.

They didn’t sell it out last time with Korn supporting should be fine for picking up tickets later to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I don't think much of this new song, I appreciate his voice in it but it did nothing for me, it was the first time a show i've been at has been in a music video so i did enjoy seeing that.

I absolutely love this tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's a solid closing track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Any idea what date the gig is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Not date yet for this. Wonder will it be announced to coincide with the album release on Friday?

They've dropped another track ahead of the album's release on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

New album is out there....... apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

sentient_6 wrote: »
    New album is out there....... apparently.

Thanks for that, currently downloading now :cool:

• Advertisement

I'm guna wait for the CD.
    Woo!

What does everyone think?

Some stuff I really like some not so much. I'll give it a few more listens before I really judge it.

In my opinion that was the worst album of theirs, maybe even worse than All Hope Is Gone, very little of this album clicked with me musically and I was glad to here it finish. I will stick with my Subliminal Verses CD and leave all of you with this one.

What does everyone think?

Some stuff I really like some not so much. I'll give it a few more listens before I really judge it.

Very much Iowa x Vol. 3, could have done without so much of the interludes. But that's just after a first spin.

In my opinion that was the worst album of theirs, maybe even worse than All Hope Is Gone, very little of this album clicked with me musically and I was glad to here it finish. I will stick with my Subliminal Verses CD and leave all of you with this one.

It's growing on me, better than the gray chapter anyway.

It needs 2 or 3 listens but it is daycent. For me the standout is Unsainted.

That said, I can't understand why Birth Of The Cruel was released. I think Orphan is a much better track. Nero Forte is borderline bizzare with its chorus, but ya can't help but like the catchy groove. Critical Darling is quite good. Proper Slipknot stuff.

Liars Funeral, wow. Corey roaring "burn! Burn! Burn the liar!" will haunt dreams. Red Flag is another solid slipknot tune. Spiders is very different but kinda fun in a fuct up sense.
    Soloway firth to finish is a good tune.
    I'm missing a few I'm sure.

My only, only gripe is I wish All out Life was on the flipping album. Even as a hidden bonus. Hell, I've had stuck it in as the 2nd song.
    For me, they've delivered.
    Thank fcuk.

Ya they definitely weakend the album leaving "all out life" out but I'd imagine that's a **** you to Fehn as they recorded it with him.

It's growing on me, better than the gray chapter anyway.

The Grey Chapter was a very good album, I listen to it when mowing the lawn.

The Gray Chapter was their equivalent of Metallica's ...And Justice For All.

The loss of a key band member, and the will they or won't they carry on hanging over them at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭klose

Giving it a whirl at the moment on Spotify so gonna see what I think after a few listens.

Did anybody pre order to get the early access to their own pre sale for the dublin gig? I did, was not delivered yet I'd have thoight it would be here by now.

Advertisement