Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any hope of getting practical shooting legalised here.

Options
  • 09-08-2019 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Is there anything a average joe can do to help legalise the sport.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I would like to be proved wrong, but in my opinion we haven’t got a snowball’s chance in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Forget it!!
    Waste of time with the current people in charge of the sport down South.They dont want to know about getting it back in the ROI as they are grand and comfy up in the North repersenting the Republic in CF pistols only.

The sport will be as extinct as the dinosaurs in the ROI once the current lot are too old to shoot anymore.:(:(

There is no intrest it seems in them even promoting it down South,to even encourage lads to go up North,or even the different disiplines,or even adapting .22 courses of fire for those with .22 pistols.Not to mind possibly even shotgun or .22 RF rifle courses,that are shot in the UK,or even the disipline in airsoft down here.

A pity,as now 11 years post 2008 and the handgun ban,there is I belive a window that could be used to even discuss getting it back here in some shape or form.But thats for IPSC Ireland to decide,or so I have been told.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Ive been involved more or less for 30 years trying to orginally bring in IPSC n the bad old days of the 80s when it was known as "combat shooting sports" with shotguns into Ireland,and ,to pre and post ban 2008,where predictable strategic mistakes happened by those in charge.So now I'm just convinced,its flogging the skeleton of a dead horse to do anything with it here anymore.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭oldgit1897

[IMG][/img]?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.korsgaardscommentary.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F07%2FMonty_Python_Dead_Parrot.jpg&f=1

Advertisement