Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players to Watch 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Brighton have signed Neal Maupay from Brentford.
    Joint top scorer last season, in the Championship.

Might be another Earnshaw, Gayle!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Harry Wilson on his way to Bournemouth apparently. 16 goals and 4 assists from 40 starts last year for Derby. I can't imagine he'll be going to sit on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

manual_man wrote: »
    Harry Wilson on his way to Bournemouth apparently. 16 goals and 4 assists from 40 starts last year for Derby. I can't imagine he'll be going to sit on the bench

Liverpool want guaranteed playing time for him as well or they won't let him go. I think he's a good option if he's around 5/5.5m but more likely to be way more than that after last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Liverpool usually put clauses in their loans that the clubs have to pay a fine if the loanee does not play a certain number of games. That could be key in ensuring that Wilson gets gametime at Bournemouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A good Championship record. Very average form when stepping up. He might be there to push the others.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    A good Championship record. Very average form when stepping up. He might be there to push the others.

He's a good player. Really stepped up last season. I fancy he'll be nailed on the right wing(Brooks is out injured for a few months). He's quite selfish though. I wonder could that impact negatively on Wilson and King.

Norwood at Sheff Utd is of some interest, on free kicks corners and potentially a penalty taker if McGoldrigh is phased out of the first team.

The manager here is apparently very innovative with his footballing ideas, sometimes using overlapping Cbs in attack and the same for set pieces were they gained quite well at the end of last season.

Ravel Morrison joined them also I'll just be interested in general to see how he gets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I reckon Callum Robinson will start really well. Long term, I'm not so sure, but those fixtures are very tempting. 12, 7 and 10 goals in his last 3 seasons.

BOU (A)
    CRY (H)
    LEI (H)
    CHE (A)
    SOU (H)
    EVE (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Gavin Kilkenny might be one to keep an eye on. Irish lad at Bournemouth, hasn't been added to the game but could/should be a 4.5m addition hopefully.

He started Bournemouth's final preseason friendly vs Lazio. Played a big role in their first goal and scored the second in a 3-0 win. Strong Bournemouth team as you would expect from last friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

If Tark moves to Leicester then Gibson at 4.0 might come into play. Signed for big money last summer and never really given a chance I think he could take Mee's place either

• Advertisement

If Tark moves to Leicester then Gibson at 4.0 might come into play. Signed for big money last summer and never really given a chance I think he could take Mee's place either

Doubt he’d ever oust Mee and might not even be ahead of Long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Doubt he’d ever oust Mee and might not even be ahead of Long.
    Talk of Long leaving this summer for Forest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He won't be taking mee's place.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,497 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kieran Tierney heading to Arsenal. Will be a few weeks before he's fit but definitely one for the watchlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Liverpool want guaranteed playing time for him as well or they won't let him go. I think he's a good option if he's around 5/5.5m but more likely to be way more than that after last season.

Added at 6. Way too expensive. Doubt many will pick him at that price.

Added at 6. Way too expensive. Doubt many will pick him at that price.

I think he could be a steal. Could be an early bandwagon

Norwood at Sheff Utd is of some interest, on free kicks corners and potentially a penalty taker if McGoldrigh is phased out of the first team.

The manager here is apparently very innovative with his footballing ideas, sometimes using overlapping Cbs in attack and the same for set pieces were they gained quite well at the end of last season.

Ravel Morrison joined them also I'll just be interested in general to see how he gets on.

Had Norwood in every draft (like Aarons) but I swapped them both out for Lundstram and Perez+1m instead. I've been burnt too many times as newly promoted teams play ultra conservatively in the opening weeks while they try and find their feet. I'll revisit both at the international break or a week or two later when I WC.

I think he could be a steal. Could be an early bandwagon

Maybe till Brooks is available but King and Wilson get all the goals. You can have either for not much more than some unproven young "talent". Could just as easily be an early way to lose value

Maybe till Brooks is available but King and Wilson get all the goals. You can have either for not much more than some unproven young "talent". Could just as easily be an early way to lose value

He's quality. 16 goals and 4 assists last season. Not to be sniffed at. Not to mention he's had the benefit of working with his Liverpool colleagues over pre-season. I fancy him to be nailed starting out. I wouldn't be surprised if he scored very closely to Fraser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

As a Callum Wilson owner this is an absolute disaster. Every week could be a rollercoaster.

• Advertisement

GetWithIt wrote: »
    As a Callum Wilson owner this is an absolute disaster. Every week could be a rollercoaster.

Wilson is still a top player i wouldn't be too worried. I have him myself

Yes, but which one!

Yes, but which one!

Callum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,885 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I spent ages thinking about what you might mean tactically there. Then it dawned on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,497 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think we will need a rule that any Wilson goal shouts should include the first name.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I think we will need a rule that any Wilson goal shouts should include the first name.

How about we call Harry "Hilson" and Callum "Cilson" just like we christen the Silvas for City. :D

Well just so long as the Assist is prominently displayed. That should satisfy everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Yes, but which one!

FB-IMG-1565216149385.jpg

Is anyone sticking in Martinelli as their cheap 4.5m fwd fodder?? I really don't want to pick Greenwood, it feels like he's a price drop waiting to happen. Martinelli is less than 1% owned probably safe from price drops. Auba/Laca/Pepe will almost certainly be the front 3, but after that Mkhi and Martinelli are the only options after Iwobi, Welbeck and Nketiah have all left. He may get some minutes and is a very talented lad from what i saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Is anyone sticking in Martinelli as their cheap 4.5m fwd fodder?? I really don't want to pick Greenwood, it feels like he's a price drop waiting to happen. Martinelli is less than 1% owned probably safe from price drops. Auba/Laca/Pepe will almost certainly be the front 3, but after that Mkhi and Martinelli are the only options after Iwobi, Welbeck and Nketiah have all left. He may get some minutes and is a very talented lad from what i saw.
    Greenwood is one injury away from starting. Martinelli is a lot further away

Advertisement