Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Day Shall Come

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Trailer

:D:D

Also entire movie in the trailer and most importantly boards.ie search fcuking worked!!!!

Autecher wrote: »
    . I was a bit disappointed with Four Lions but that's probably because I was expecting too much,

4 Lions was brilliant but probably not a feature movie, more of a continuation of Morris version of satire.

The laugh out loud moments in his stuff are never quite proper gags ie the bleach scene :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

dreamers75 wrote: »
    4 Lions was brilliant but probably not a feature movie, more of a continuation of Morris version of satire.

The laugh out loud moments in his stuff are never quite proper gags ie the bleach scene :D
    I watched it again after I made this thread and liked more than I did in the cinema. Four Lions isn't really a cinema movie, for me at least. I'll probably feel the same when I see this one.

Autecher wrote: »
    I watched it again after I made this thread and liked more than I did in the cinema. Four Lions isn't really a cinema movie, for me at least. I'll probably feel the same when I see this one.

yeah probably right I dont think his stuff is Movie/Cinema type stuff but by going to see it in the cinema I support Morris making more of anything really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Will make the effort to catch this in the cinema. Similar rationale as above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Really interesting interview with Chris Morris on his new film and the role of satire.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I finally caught this last night at the cinema, and while it was enjoyable I was mildly disappointed with it - mainly because it feels a bit like 2 different films mushed together, with a tone that doesn't quite work. The inter-agency pissing match dialogue is generally very funny in a The Thick Of It sort of way, but that meshes poorly with Moses' story (which is basically mentally-ill-black-man-gets-stitched-up). I suspect it's partly because, given the USA context of the film, Morris probably couldn't just make a film that had as purely a British sensibility as Four Lions.

As with others in this thread I'm glad I caught it because Morris is an excellent satirist, but I think this will be viewed as a minor work. Ah well, here's to the next one.

Advertisement