Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City to Dublin UCD

Options
  • 07-08-2019 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello,

I have to travel from Limerick to Dublin UCD for exams next week. Can someone please advise me the best way to do this using public transport.

I need to get there by 9 am so the quickest route possible please. They're are various trains & busses from Limerick to Dublin but I'm a bit lost in what to do once I get to Dublin.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

For the train, you would need to get the 5.30 from Limerick.
    That will get you to Heuston at 7.50, and you can get the 145 Dublin Bus directly outside the station (beside the Luas stop)
    It goes every 10 minutes, and will drop you at UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

As it's for an exam, how about travelling up the evening before and staying in a cheap hotel or Airbnb, so you're not tired from getting up at 4.30 a.m. or whatever and undertaking an unfamiliar journey?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

We're out of college season are there beds in the residences ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SD2019

Louche Lad wrote: »
    As it's for an exam, how about travelling up the evening before and staying in a cheap hotel or Airbnb, so you're not tired from getting up at 4.30 a.m. or whatever and undertaking an unfamiliar journey?

I've to go up and down 4 days 🙈, doggies at home too so kind of have to. Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SD2019

wench wrote: »
    For the train, you would need to get the 5.30 from Limerick.
    That will get you to Heuston at 7.50, and you can get the 145 Dublin Bus directly outside the station (beside the Luas stop)
    It goes every 10 minutes, and will drop you at UCD.
    thats great thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

wench wrote:
    For the train, you would need to get the 5.30 from Limerick. That will get you to Heuston at 7.50, and you can get the 145 Dublin Bus directly outside the station (beside the Luas stop) It goes every 10 minutes, and will drop you at UCD.

Once it took ages and ages from Heuston to city centre on the 145. About half an hour. Terrible day.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

SD2019 wrote: »
    I've to go up and down 4 days ��, doggies at home too so kind of have to. Thanks ��
    I think that much travel is tempting fate and you risk missing you (repeat?) exams. Is there someone that can look after the dogs? A kennel?

Advertisement