Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Access coming to PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Can you still fight in NHL games? I have vague memories of having to play NHL for a "fighting game" at a friends with strict parents when we were young, no such misfortune for me getting GTA SA for my 10th birthday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can you still fight in NHL games? I have vague memories of having to play NHL for a "fighting game" at a friends with strict parents when we were young, no such misfortune for me getting GTA SA for my 10th birthday :pac:

Oh yeah, you can even set your fight temperment (rarely, sometimes, often). I haven't been in a fight yet, just had a couple of games but trying my best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

The last NHL game I played was on the megadrive. Think it's time to try these out again.

On a separate note is anthem worth giving a go now or should I wait in the hope they improve it. I do enjoy the destiny style of game so the idea of anthem does appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My nephew was asking me yesterday - if he gets rid of his disc copy of Fifa and signs up to EA Access, will he still be able to use his saves/etc. I assume the answer is yes, but didn't know for sure. Seems a no-brainer to trade in anything that's on the available list while you can if it does work.

Also - does anyone know if EA ever remove access from a game after a period of time? Or do you keep it eternally provided you keep paying EA?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Will the new madden and fifa games be included in this or is that wishful thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Will the new madden and fifa games be included in this or is that wishful thinking?

They appear a few months after release.
    dulpit wrote: »
    My nephew was asking me yesterday - if he gets rid of his disc copy of Fifa and signs up to EA Access, will he still be able to use his saves/etc. I assume the answer is yes, but didn't know for sure. Seems a no-brainer to trade in anything that's on the available list while you can if it does work.

Also - does anyone know if EA ever remove access from a game after a period of time? Or do you keep it eternally provided you keep paying EA?

Yeah, you'll find people trying to anticipate when a game is getting put in the vault and flogging it to get some value. I did same myself with Titanfall 2 which went in kinda early iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Well they removed Rory McIlroy due to the PGA licence changing so there is a risk that a game you have on EA access may be removed with or without notice as you don't actually own the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yeah it should do, he should save them to the cloud first as he will likely have to delete the disk game from the PS4 and download the digital one. But then the save files should work.

I think one game might have been removed at some point from xbox or PC Vault over a licencing issue, but as a general rule once they are in they stay in.

You get a 10 hour (gameplay) Trial for all new games. If you want to buy it aftert that you can get a 10% discount off the retail price (You also get 10% off any in game Fifa Points etc).

Anything you buy with a discount is your to keep forever.

Then after a few months the full game gets put into the Vault. But if you stop your sub you lose access to the Vault games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I logged in to PS Store last night to pick up Burnout Paradise as it was only a tenner, saw that it was available on EA Access so paid the 25 quid for the year instead. Decent value.

• Advertisement

I kept meaning to pick Burnout paradise in a sale, definitely going on my download list.

Any promo for access on ps4 on social media is nothing but negativity like '**** EA', 'only 12 games in the library!' and 'all the games are trash!!'. I get that EA is the devil (but there are far worse companies out there imo like 2k that get away with way more ****) but access is only available a week and it's been better (games & value) than PS Now which is looking for way more money.

I think a lot more people will try this (even for a month) than the ones saying they won't online and I'd love for Sony to get a reality check on what the players want.

I would absolutely love Skate and Fight Night like xbox has but all that is is another lesson on why backwards compatibility was important.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I can't see any reason to be negative on ea here. The library will (I assume) grow, and the cost is really quite small. Win for the customer i think...

Just need to finish spiderman and I'll be jumping all over this...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Yeah it's two quid a month. The negativity is way overboard, IMO.

Never underestimate the ability of people on the internet to act like a bunch of babies. €30 for 36 full games and still they moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Roar wrote: »
    Yeah it's two quid a month. The negativity is way overboard, IMO.

What negativity??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

ERG89 wrote: »
    What negativity??? :confused:

Not on here. But seen various PlayStation pages on FB where the keyboard warriors are out in force. There really is no pleasing some people. I haven't jumped on it myself yet as AC Odyssey is taking all my gaming time, but will be as soon as I'm done with that. Great value imo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Need for Speed, NFS Rivals and NFS Payback; are any of those similar to what NFS Underground 2 had?
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I would absolutely love Skate and Fight Night like xbox has but all that is is another lesson on why backwards compatibility was important.

Presumably Skate, Fight Night, Alice: Madness Returns and the Dead Space trilogy will be available when the PS5 releases? Because if they are those games alone will keep me going for the better part of a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Does anyone know if the new Star Wars (out in November i think) will be on it? Or will there be a lag before its available?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Need for Speed, NFS Rivals and NFS Payback; are any of those similar to what NFS Underground 2 had?

Presumably Skate, Fight Night, Alice: Madness Returns and the Dead Space trilogy will be available when the PS5 releases? Because if they are those games alone will keep me going for the better part of a year.

I think Sony have said that all PS4 will be back compatible but have they said PS3 too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

tigger123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the new Star Wars (out in November i think) will be on it? Or will there be a lag before its available?

I cant imagine it would be on straight away

I do know that any new Fifa which comes out in September is then on access by the following May or June, the new Star Wars will probably follow a similar timeline

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I think Sony have said that all PS4 will be back compatible but have they said PS3 too?

Probably get a 10 hour trial. Think that happens with most new games

J. Marston wrote: »

Need for speed 2015 is the closest to underground 2. Rivals is real arcadey, like burnout i found and payback is absolute ****e.

I think i read the ps3 architecture is so bad, they couldn't make it compatible with ps4 and i have a feeling ps5 will only work with ps4 as in backwards compatibility wise.

Agreed, Skate and Fight Night (as well as other classic ps3 games )would be absolute gems to have again.

tigger123 wrote: »

Prob be a ten hour trial but gated to the first few levels. Similar to the way mirrors edge was. Enough to get a feel for the game without giving it away. Full game then in the vault 6 or so months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Will there be any more games added or is what we have pretty much it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I got a full day out of UFC 3 yesterday anyway and downloaded Mass Effect Andromeda gonna try that during the week , well worth it

Will there be any more games added or is what we have pretty much it?

I think almost everything they made on ps4 is in there now. 36 or so games. Sea of Solitude and Anthem are prob the last few going into the Vault this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah, seems to be everything. Full list here https://www.ea.com/games/library/ps4

I bought most of them already, all the NSF, Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc. Getting some fun out of the Sims though.

Another bonus is they are all digital. So even if you do own them you can re-install the digital copy and avoid swaping disks when changing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Traded in FIFA 19 to CEX for €14 before it becomes worthless anyway with FIFA 20. Helped cover some of the EA Access sub. It is ridiculously good value for €24 a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I jumped for this - €24 for a year is amazing value, and there's a fair few games i'd have an interest in.

Already downloaded Burnout & UFC 3. Bit of a shame Rory McIlroy's Golf game got pulled.

Are the Madden games much good lads, for a fella with virtually zero clue about the sport?

Advertisement