Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Constant Luas technical and operational issues this summer

• 30-07-2019 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,542 ✭✭✭✭

Am I alone in finding the number of operational and claimed technical issues to be ridiculously high this year? And often affecting the outer arms they can easily enough reduce or cut service to (Saggart, Point, Broombridge)

I'd say at least one day a week recently has had no real time beyond Busaras and some trams running short.

Are they short of drivers by any chance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

L1011 wrote: »
    Am I alone in finding the number of operational and claimed technical issues to be ridiculously high this year? And often affecting the outer arms they can easily enough reduce or cut service to (Saggart, Point, Broombridge)

I'd say at least one day a week recently has had no real time beyond Busaras and some trams running short.

Are they short of drivers by any chance?

There is a reduced Red Line service, prehaps just a temp summer thing. Saw a few services lately with a second person in the cab possibly training however no active recruitment that I am aware of.

As for real time it's been very bad over the last 18 months. Consistently fails at various stops but Transdev have there priorities in order by introducing bilingual info on Green Line and not the Red Line. They did fix it maybe a year ago when there was no real time for a week or so at all and it worked fine for a few months. You have to tell them to get it back running at various stops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,242 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

A Saggart bound service I was on this evening announced at Museum that it was now terminating at Red Cow. Cue a good few disgruntled passengers alighting at Heuston. No sooner had we pulled off again that the driver announced that there was a change of plans and Saggart was once again the destination :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,542 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Changing to short running to aid in restoring service after a disruption is fine on high frequency services

The headway on Point and particularly Saggart is not good enough to do it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

A staff shortage is possibly a likely reason at this time of year alright I know DB and GAI are having staffing issues at the moment so it wouldn't surprise me if Transdev are also have staffing aswell at this time of the year.

However I would also say that another possible reason is that the system now is getting older and maybe the wear and tear is starting to show hence why there have been issues with service provison this would be particularly the case on the red line as it is the line that has received the least upgrades and has the oldest rolling stock.

Advertisement