Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First concert outing!

• 31-07-2019 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help with this.
    Have two kids wanting to go to the lumineers in the 3 arena in November.
    One 14 and one 16.
    Firstly, under 14s have to be seated. Eventually ticketmaster have said that he’d be ok standing at 14 and a half.
    Also, under 14 needs to be accompanied by an adult. This is my question. Will the 16 year old be ok for this or do they need someone else? Ticketmaster can’t answer this!
    Does anyone have experience with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

If you are letting the kids go by themselves I would suggest buying seating tickets.
    I've been to a lot of shows at the 3arena and the standing area tends to get quite compact. I'd imagine it could be overwhelming for 2 kids.

Seats are the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Ok. That's definitely worth doing. Thanks soundhound!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

Yes the 16 year old bringing the 14 year old will be fine. I remember as a 15 year old getting the bus to Dublin with all my mates for the first gig. Red Hot Chili Peppers in the Point in 1995 :)

Although I also remember getting served pints and smoking fags away at the same gig. Different times!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

check the terms and conditions, i'd be surprised if they accept the 16 year old as an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Fairly sure that mine went to a gig there a couple of years ago and they had to be accompanied by someone over the age of 18.
    Might be worth double checking to avoid disaster on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

seating is the way to go. If you want to walk them up to the door and arrange to meet them outside afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Go with them and share the experience of their first gig

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Go with them and share the experience of their first gig

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They could also walk up to the gate and just walk behind any adult.
    If they then get stopped, get them to say "me ma has already gone in, 10 minutes ago" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The Lumineers don’t attract a rowdy crowd but for peace of mind maybe I’d just be inclined to get seated tickets or else arrange an older sibling or cousin to tag along.

My first BIG gig was at the old Point too, Pulp in ‘96 so I was 17, we were standing and as much as I’d loved the whole thing, I do remember feeling a little overwhelmed at certain times when it got mental but nothing too mad. The Lumineers wouldn’t be the same but peace of mind like I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

My own first was an iced earth/war ringer gig when I was 13/14 and it was fine, I’d say let them go concerts are pretty safe places especially in the 3 arena there’ll be security and staff everywhere and I wouldn’t imaging they’d be a messy crowd at the gig at all.

Advertisement