Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any stores that sell Heverlee in cans or bottles??

Options
  • 31-07-2019 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

On a mission folks. Had this on draught recently....delicious ;)

Anyone seen it for sale anywhere??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I don't think C&C distributes the packaged version down here. You'd have to go up north. It is surprisingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

thanks beernut ... it is a good one alright.. worth travelling up north if I have to !!!

You can buy Spaten in Aldi for next to nothing down here. I think they're very similar.

BeerNut wrote: »
    You can buy Spaten in Aldi for next to nothing down here. I think they're very similar.

I like the Spaten too but nowhere near Heverlee :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Doctors differ and patients die.

Had a pint of this in the Bernard Shaw a couple of years ago, it was rotten.

Maybe they've changed the recipe but I'm not inclined to find out.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought it was more like a Stella Artois without some of the rough edges?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Seems to be everywhere in Derry, suppose we would get more C&C stuff up here though.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Seems to be everywhere in Derry, suppose we would get more C&C stuff up here though.
    They tend to use the Clonmel brewery to supply lager to the south, with 5 Lamps and Clonmel 1650 as the flagships.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Doctors differ and patients die.

Had a pint of this in the Bernard Shaw a couple of years ago, it was rotten.

Maybe they've changed the recipe but I'm not inclined to find out.

Had a few in Belfast before realising that Chieftain is almost as common on tap there as Harp now; its probably the most drinkable thing C&C offer to my tastes

L1011 wrote: »
    Chieftain is almost as common on tap there as Harp now; its probably the most drinkable thing C&C offer to my tastes
    Unless you know something the rest of us don't, Chieftain is from MolsonCoors, not C&C.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That was extremely badly phrased but your selective quoting has made it even worse.

I'm fully aware Chiefain is MolsonCoors - I was saying Heverlee was the most drinkable C&C offering

L1011 wrote: »
    I was saying Heverlee was the most drinkable C&C offering
    Gotcha. And it definitely is. Not sure why Chieftain is relevant here, though.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Gotcha. And it definitely is. Not sure why Chieftain is relevant here, though.

Purely that, at least at that time, Molson had basically managed to get it *everywhere*. In a nightclub with three taps - Guinness, Harp and Chieftain; hotel had very few taps and had two Chieftain etc etc. Which is of very little relevance admittedly; but its why I stopped drinking Heverlee on that trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah 3 660ml bottles for £5 in Tesco over here, 6 330ml cans for £6

Am tempted to take a trip to Newry :D

Advertisement