Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanbia

Options
  • 04-06-2019 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭

What is wrong with this company, huge stock price fall and compared to kerry, horrible four year performance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    What is wrong with this company, huge stock price fall and compared to kerry, horrible four year performance

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/108684484

Bit of discussion in that other thread. SP had actually been flying until fairly recently... they have company specific issues...problems with CEO's remuneration package at AGM and patent problems in the US.

And of course they are a food and ingredients exporter, soo US trade war and Brexit are probably weighing on the SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/108684484

Bit of discussion in that other thread. SP had actually been flying until fairly recently... they have company specific issues...problems with CEO's remuneration package at AGM and patent problems in the US.

And of course they are a food and ingredients exporter, soo US trade war and Brexit are probably weighing on the SP.

Kerry faces the same brexit risks yet has nearly doubled in five years?

Shares down 13% today, 2014 levels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Shares down 13% today, 2014 levels

Soo glad I bailed out of this share.

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Soo glad I bailed out of this share.

I dumped half of them in the past month, probably hold on to the rest, will take months to recover the losses of this morning, could take a few years to get back to 19 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I dumped half of them in the past month, probably hold on to the rest, will take months to recover the losses of this morning, could take a few years to get back to 19 euro

Its rare enough that I get my timimg right and I bailed out of Glanbia at €16 in Autumn 2018 for about 25% profit. Sickened of course when it went to €19 in March 2019.

But looking at €11.80 now, I must say I am feeling very smug indeed :p

Doubt its going back to €19 anytime soon Maxx.

Its rare enough that I get my timimg right and I bailed out of Glanbia at €16 in Autumn 2018 for about 25% profit. Sickened of course when it went to €19 in March 2019.

But looking at €11.80 now, I must say I am feeling very smug indeed :p

Doubt its going back to €19 anytime soon Maxx.

Will take several years to get back to 19

It's mornings like this one that I am reminded that I'm not smart enough to own shares

Buying into smurfit kappa and crh early in the year has saved my bacon, wondering now should I dump glanbia altogether and put more in smurfit

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Will take several years to get back to 19

It's mornings like this one that I am reminded that I'm not smart enough to own shares

Buying into smurfit kappa and crh early in the year has saved my bacon, wondering now should I dump glanbia altogether and put more in smurfit

It does not mean that you are not smart enough to own shares, it means you have not put in the time and learn the tools to make the decisions. That is a problem you can decide to fix.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    It does not mean that you are not smart enough to own shares, it means you have not put in the time and learn the tools to make the decisions. That is a problem you can decide to fix.

I'm still well in the green for 2019 thanks to smurfit kappa and crh

Surprising to see glanbia doing so horribly with kerry at all time highs

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Owning shares in a few cos put you at a high risk. You need spread of risk.
    Glanbia would never be at the level of development as Kerry.
    Don't know enough about the product mix of all the milk processors but the two with a significant interest in flavours are Kerry and West Cork. Kerry's strength is reflected in share price for West Cork it's reflected in milk price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Water John wrote: »
    Owning shares in a few cos put you at a high risk. You need spread of risk.
    Glanbia would never be at the level of development as Kerry.
    Don't know enough about the product mix of all the milk processors but the two with a significant interest in flavours are Kerry and West Cork. Kerry's strength is reflected in share price for West Cork it's reflected in milk price.

Five to Seven positions is sufficient diversity, what puts you at risk is not doing your homework, but listening to the talking heads instead.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Five to Seven positions is sufficient diversity, what puts you at risk is not doing your homework, but listening to the talking heads instead.

Am I not right in saying that you don't endorse owning any Irish companies due to their size?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

Is there more to go? Will it recover?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Just as night follows day, Glanbia SP having gradually recovered since previous earnings announcment, crashes after latest earnings announcement. 10% falls on quarterly earnings seem to always happen with this one!

Browney7 wrote: »
    Just as night follows day, Glanbia SP having gradually recovered since previous earnings announcment, crashes after latest earnings announcement. 10% falls on quarterly earnings seem to always happen with this one!

Manipulation probably at play here, relative to kerry, stock is very cheap, earnings not bad outside energy drink sector in the USA

Tempted to buy a little having been out for months, it's still a fairly good company

Advertisement