Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

AP (Tax Specialist) Revenue - Open Comp 2018

145791014

Comments



  • clara1201 wrote: »
    The last time seemed more basic stuck to examples. questions alot more detailed this time. Both panels were tough i believe. Mine included an external HR individual, like a dofg with a bone.

    Maybe she was trying her best to get you to answer all the question to give you the best possible chance? Maybe I'm clutching at straws. You've done it once that will have stood to you.




  • clara1201 wrote: »
    The last time seemed more basic stuck to examples. questions alot more detailed this time. Both panels were tough i believe. Mine included an external HR individual, like a dofg with a bone.

    External HR individual, with a substantial chunk of his career spent in Revenue...




  • External HR individual, with a substantial chunk of his career spent in Revenue...

    I think I had this person.

    Best of luck to those still waiting and hopefully the results won't take too long to come out.




  • If anyone have a pdf of the info booklet, could they PM me. The link to it isn’t working anymore




  • Anon31985 wrote: »
    I think I had this person.

    Best of luck to those still waiting and hopefully the results won't take too long to come out.

    Don’t take it personally, I’m hearing the same reports of “rough treatment” from anyone who had that interview board, so at least they’re treating everyone consistently...!


  • Advertisement


  • Don’t take it personally, I’m hearing the same reports of “rough treatment” from anyone who had that interview board, so at least they’re treating everyone consistently...!

    I didn't say anything about rough treatment just that I think I had the external HR person. How did you find it barney? Any guesses on when we will hear?




  • Anon31985 wrote: »
    I didn't say anything about rough treatment just that I think I had the external HR person. How did you find it barney? Any guesses on when we will hear?

    I’m not in it, I have friends & staff who did it. You’ll hear before the end of the month, surely. The panel will be finalised very quickly after interviews conclude, it’s just a question of how soon the staff in CSD (given the time of year and number of competitions running etc) get around to sending out the results...




  • I’m not in it, I have friends & staff who did it. You’ll hear before the end of the month, surely. The panel will be finalised very quickly after interviews conclude, it’s just a question of how soon the staff in CSD (given the time of year and number of competitions running etc) get around to sending out the results...

    Oh my mistake barney. Thanks. Fingers crossed for your friends and staff.




  • I found it tough. The board gave nothing away. Also found that they asked very specific questions, and a lot of my planning about what to say went out the window. Not a good sign!!!




  • Yeah that was very tough I found. Definitely left with the impression I wasn't good enough.


  • Advertisement


  • Emma2019 wrote: »
    Yeah that was very tough I found. Definitely left with the impression I wasn't good enough.

    Ditto...




  • I found it tough. The board gave nothing away. Also found that they asked very specific questions, and a lot of my planning about what to say went out the window. Not a good sign!!!

    I felt the same about the way they asked the questions. My prepared answers didn't quite fit and I was trying to bring in bits and pieces everywhere.




  • I found it tough but fair. They were very engaging throughout.

    I think I struggled interpreting the questions on occasion. Your mind goes blank and it's hard to think under pressure. They didnt really focus on my form as much as other interviews would have. Very general questions about experience and 'what would you do if...' scenarios.

    So yes EVERYTHING I prepared went out the window. Completely different to last year.

    I'm thinking it was tougher than last year but I cant remember much. I felt happier last year. And if I failed it, its cos of leadership right off the bat.

    Relieved it is over!!




  • Tick tock tick tock. Every day is torture!!!

    I'm sure it'll be soon but just would like the wait to end. I'd say they are flat out with a few panels going!




  • Disappointed with that. 20 years working in big practice looking after merges and not making the panel.




  • ThumbTaxed wrote:
    Disappointed with that. 20 years working in big practice looking after merges and not making the panel.

    You couldn't spell mergers let alone deal with them.




  • nazzy wrote: »
    You couldn't spell mergers let alone deal with them.

    Says the person below ap grade.




  • ThumbTaxed wrote:
    Says the person below ap grade.


    You obviously missed the tongue in cheek aspect of my comment since you actually spelled 'mergers' wrong. 🀣🙊🙊🙊




  • Hopefully we hear today rather than have to endure the weekend wait




  • BobCat123 wrote: »
    Hopefully we hear today rather than have to endure the weekend wait

    Oh yes that would be great fingers crossed.


  • Advertisement


  • Maybe this week




  • Anon31985 wrote: »
    Maybe this week

    If you are very anxious to know you should call Corporate Services Division. They could possibly tell you when we might hear.




  • Sprites wrote: »
    If you are very anxious to know you should call Corporate Services Division. They could possibly tell you when we might hear.

    I am not anxious to know I would just like to know is all :D I don't think contacting them is going to hurry it along. In fairness I think this campaign has actually moved relatively quickly. I applied for another role around the same time and it hasn't even been shortlisted yet.




  • Anon31985 wrote: »
    I am not anxious to know I would just like to know is all :D I don't think contacting them is going to hurry it along. In fairness I think this campaign has actually moved relatively quickly. I applied for another role around the same time and it hasn't even been shortlisted yet.

    Ok, well your recent posts give a different impression. It certainly wouldn't hurry it along but they may tell you when you could expect to hear. Just a suggestion is all. Best of luck in the other competition.




  • Thanks




  • Results are out.




  • ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Results are out.

    Is that national panel they are giving results for, or does it refer to regional placings I wonder....PAS tend to do the regional panels now




  • How many roles are tgere in Audit and compliance does anyone know? I'm thinking my panel placing is too far down the list to actually mean a job




  • I was wondering the same. I emailed to ask and was informed it gets passed to assignments section who will be in touch as vacancies arise so its just a waiting game now.


  • Advertisement


  • I got through on both Tax and Audit panels. Delighted. Congrats to everyone who did and commiserations to those who didn't. There will always be another competition.


Advertisement