Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cinemas in Dublin do butter popcorn?

Options
  • 27-07-2019 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Looking for a cinema that does butter popcorn in Dublin. None of them seem to do it anymore...thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Looking for a cinema that does butter popcorn in Dublin. None of them seem to do it anymore...thanks.

Odeon Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wezzopalooza

Ahhhhh butter popcorn in the cinema, a very 90's delight :D:D:D:D:D Have fond memories of my mum always getting butter popcorn and handing it back asking for them to put some more on :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Seems like cinemas stopped doing it at the same time, was it for health reasons??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Ahhhhh butter popcorn in the cinema, a very 90's delight :D:D:D:D:D Have fond memories of my mum always getting butter popcorn and handing it back asking for them to put some more on :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Seems like cinemas stopped doing it at the same time, was it for health reasons??

:D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

All Odeons I think . Personally I hate it !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Odeon Point Village do anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Orson Swelled

All Odeon's offer it. They'll also do it 'half and half', which is a layer of butter in the middle and on the top. It's delish although I don't have it that much anymore since the stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

All Odeon's offer it. They'll also do it 'half and half', which is a layer of butter in the middle and on the top. It's delish although I don't have it that much anymore since the stroke.

The Odeon in Coolock doesn't do it for some reason. Try Blanch though, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Craggo

Very hard to find anywhere that does it anymore.

Someone told me they melt butter at home, then transfer it to a flask and they pour the butter on the regular popcorn when they get to the cinema.

So if you are extremely desperate I recommend you do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Craggo wrote: »
    Very hard to find anywhere that does it anymore.

No it isn’t.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Its slippy when some fool spills it on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Stoner wrote: »
    Its slippy when some fool spills it on the floor

Used to have to throw the popcorn salt over it before cleaning it up. The Savoy and Omniplex in Santry used Stork Margarine and not real butter 😋

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Most places do it now

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Craggo

No it isn’t.

Haven’t seen it in ages, but rarely go to the cinema so you’re probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The Odeon in Coolock doesn't do it for some reason. Try Blanch though, cheers

they did as of yesterday

Advertisement