Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Is there a difference between a Jager and Jagerbomb??

• 28-07-2019 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

My mate ordered "2 shots of Jager" the other night in a nite club and we were served Jager in two shot glasses although my mate wasn't happy as he wanted redbull with it. He was keen to show his frustration at the barman who defended by saying my mate asked only for a shot of a Jager and if he wanted it mixed with redbull then he should of asked for a "Jagerbomb". So I guess who is right or wrong here. Is a "Jager" and "Jagerbomb" really the same thing? Also is Jager only really used for Jagerbombs or do people take shots of it on its own too??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The barman is correct.
    If you wanted a Vodka and Coke and you asked for a Vodka you'd only be given a shot of vodka.

Jager is a spirit and Jagerbomb is jager mixed with redbull.

Some people might drink it on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭This is it

He asked for Jager and that's what he got... Jagerbomb is the one with a shot dropped in a glass of red bull.

It's definitely drank as a shot on its own as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

This is it wrote: »
    He asked for Jager and that's what he got... Jagerbomb is the one with a shot dropped in a glass of red bull.

It's definitely drank as a shot on its own as well

Should only be drank on its own. Your mate is a tool.

Your friend is a gobshlte. Why wouldn't he check his phone before showing his frustration? Jagermeister is 50 years older than Red Bull so yes, of course it can be ordered without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,260 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yes Jagermeister is a wonderful drink. Jager bomb is an awful idea.
    You got lucky your mate hasn't a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Jagers and heineken man

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

I guess the customer isn't always right haha.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,020 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I drink Jäger neat all the time. No way would I be mixing that slop in with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Tuborg FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The barman is correct.
    If you wanted a Vodka and Coke and you asked for a Vodka you'd only be given a shot of vodka.

Jager is a spirit and Jagerbomb is jager mixed with redbull.

Some people might drink it on it's own.

That’s it exactly.

Jagermeister is a originally German spirit drink. Served as a shot. It’s nice in cold weather I find. Warms you up.

Jager bomb is the spirit plus a Red Bull.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Paddy223 wrote: »
    I guess the customer isn't always right haha.

The first thing I learned working behind the bar is that the customer isn't always right.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

The first time I was introduced to jagermeister, it was from friends who had christened it with the affectionate name “ActTheCünt”.

Apt name.

That is all.

Advertisement