Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed penalty notice Irish rail

Options
  • 26-07-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Fixed penalty notice for 153.60
    The unpaid fare is 3.60
    As far as I can see the 100euro is the fixed penalty. Going by the actual penalty notice and the website and the lovely lady who answered the number I called but didn't have an answer to my question. Why is it 50euro more than everything I'm reading?
    It's within the 21days. I've emailed them but more that like it will be over the 21 days when I get a reply.

Does anyone know why?
    No problem paying it but I'd like to know why it's 50euro more than everything I'm reading.
    I got an automated response to my email which includes-
    "Those failing to present an appropriate ticket when asked by an authorised officer to do so are liable to a payment of a fixed payment of €100 plus the unpaid fare provided for by the Railway Safety Act 2005 (Fixed Payment Notice) Regulations 2006 (S.I 576 of 2006). In the event that the fixed payment is not paid, the person can be prosecuted and faces a potential fine not exceeding €1,000 upon conviction."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Feet on seats is 50 euro

The docket you were given has a number of boxes ticked, these correspond to the penalties charged

Advertisement