Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It's bills**t

Most people are killed by people they know personally living in same community. Oldish data but it's still similar today

P1-BH636_murder_G_20120817182109.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

rossie1977 wrote: »
    It's bills**t

Most people are killed by people they know personally living in same community. Oldish data but it's still similar today

<SNIP>

thats basically it, except black people are 13% of the population so 14% of white people being killed by blacks is disproportionately higher.

But the sentiment of the post that police or white people are a big 'concern' for black deaths being incorrect holds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

thats basically it, except black people are 13% of the population so 14% of white people being killed by blacks is disproportionately higher.

But the sentiment of the post that police or white people are a big 'concern' for black deaths being incorrect holds up.
    The National Academy of Science study concluded there was no evidence white cops are more likely to use lethal force against minorities.
    We find no evidence of anti-Black or anti-Hispanic disparities across shootings, and White officers are not more likely to shoot minority civilians than non-White officers. Instead, race-specific crime strongly predicts civilian race. This suggests that increasing diversity among officers by itself is unlikely to reduce racial disparity in police shootings.

So why does this myth continue? Is it to draw attention from the real problem? It is nothing more than a biased perception? Is it disingenuous? And why is it considered ‘racist’ to note the truth of the situation?

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2019/07/16/1903856116

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

mad muffin wrote: »
    Ha?

If you see a few randos you don't like you dismiss the entire left of your political spectrum.
    So would the KKK turn you off the right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    The National Academy of Science study concluded there was no evidence white cops are more likely to use lethal force against minorities.

So why does this myth continue? Is it to draw attention from the real problem? It is nothing more than a biased perception? Is it disingenuous? And why is it considered ‘racist’ to note the truth of the situation?

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2019/07/16/1903856116

To follow on with your theory:
    So the blacks are pretending to get shot a lot....why? Are they fooling cops into shooting them several times in the back or choking people to death?
    What's the goal?
    Sounds like privileged white folk fearing equality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So the blacks are pretending to get shot a lot....why? Are they fooling cops into shooting them several times in the back or choking people to death?
    What's the goal?
    Answer your own question... Why do you think the myth continues?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If you see a few randos you don't like you dismiss the entire left of your political spectrum.
    So would the KKK turn you off the right?

No. And I’ll tell you why. They have no voice. No media exposure. They aren’t in my face telling me what to do all the time. They are a fringe that have only ever had a small sphere of influence.

The left on the other hand are everywhere. They influence Hollywood. The media. The schools. Every part of my life is touched by them. And I don’t like it.

And I won’t conform to their beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Im not sure if the exact numbers are correct but the biggest threat to life for black people in the states is other black people and they make up a disproportionate threat to white people also.

We live in a clown world where facts are racist now...
    The exact numbers are nowhere near correct. Trump claimed 81% of murdered white people were killed by black people when the actual figure is 15%. That's quite the leap I'm sure you'll agree.

All the actual factual information is listed here

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/23/donald-trump/trump-tweet-blacks-white-homicide-victims/

Even Bill O'Reilly called Trump out on it ffs

I'm sure you'll find some other way to twist it though such is your desire to defend Daddy on the interneticon14.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

alastair wrote: »
    Newsflash - pretty much everyone was offended by the blatant racism of Trump. Except for dead-ender ideologue deniers.

Dead ender ideologue deniers are the ones that want to pretend that you can choose whatever gender you want to be and that feelings should trump facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Sorry but i personally don't watch Baseball,follow the Kardashians or say "like" every other word.

If this is affecting you "greatly" maybe you need to have a good look at yourself...people getting bent out of shape by a president 4,400 miles away whilst letting our own country run itself into the ground is a little bit sad.

I seriously doubt you don't watch American films or listen to American music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

notobtuse wrote: »

Answer your own question... Why do you think the myth continues?

Because Race Pimps like Sharpton and Jackson would have to get real jobs if the myth died.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What's the goal?

Larry Elder has an excellent article on it here:

https://www.creators.com/read/larry-elder/06/18/criminal-behavior-not-racism-explains-racial-disparities-in-crime-stats

A good break down on the stats here also:

And more from Larry on it here:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Bette midler definitely lost her marbles over trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Now there's real racism.

Surely not :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa9NGhGuXOCreLNS7Q-ZpVksCdZoGwHg9GVfYjXB-RvuTShExyMA

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Just curious Pete would you be happy with someone telling an Irish citizen of Chinese origin to go back to where they came from?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Surely not :)

<SNIP>
    If pictures with black people make you not a racist then the pictures of trump with al sharpton and hessie jackson (the self declared ‘voices of the black community’) make him the most anti racist man of all time

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Just curious Pete would you be happy with someone telling an Irish citizen of Chinese origin to go back to where they came from?

Going back some 10 years now. I used to always tell my wife what a shït hole Ireland was. Constantly. Hated the place. Every chance I got. Ireland is shït.

Shït. Shït. Shït. Over and over and over. Well, as you can imagine. She had enough. She told me, if I hate the place so much why don’t I do something about it or I’m free to go back. And rightfully so.

I’m still here, so.

Was my wife racist? Or is it only racist if you say something like that to a non white?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Going back some 10 years now. I used to always tell my wife what a shït hole Ireland was. Constantly. Hated the place. Every chance I got. Ireland is shït.

Shït. Shït. Shït. Over and over and over.
    Well, as you can imagine. She had enough. She told me, if I hate the place so much why don’t I do something about it or I’m free to go back. And rightfully so.

I’m still here, so.

Was my wife racist? Or is it only racist if you say something like that to a non white?

Did any of the people Trump say that to/about constantly say the countries were shìt?

• Advertisement

Did any of the people Trump say that to/about constantly say the countries were shìt?

Really?…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

If pictures with black people make you not a racist then the pictures of trump with al sharpton and hessie jackson (the self declared ‘voices of the black community’) make him the most anti racist man of all time

Haha that's what I was getting at... Outlaw put a lot of work into getting such pictures of trump. He's coming across a little bias.

Really?…

Yes, can you post me links to where the congresswomen Trump talked about constantly said the countries they/their ancestors were from were shìt?

Yes, can you post me links to where the congresswomen Trump talked about constantly said the countries they/their ancestors were from were shìt?

What?

What?

Reading not your forte?

What part of my question are you having difficulty with?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

What?

Could you link to the bits where the Congress women stated "Shït. Shït. Shït. Over and over and over. " about America that apparently warranted the abuse.

Reading not your forte?

What part of my question are you having difficulty with?
    Could you link to the bits where the Congress women stated "Shït. Shït. Shït. Over and over and over. " about America that apparently warranted the abuse.

Oh you guys. :D you almost got me there lol…

Oh you guys. :D you almost got me there lol…

So thats a no? Surprise surprise.

So thats a no? Surprise surprise.

A no for what?

• Advertisement

Trump fans would never do this in real life, but love watching him do it. They get to vicariously bully others through him.

Advertisement