Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butters or Butlers Institute, Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭azimuth17

It may be the Butler Charity in Waterford, one of several alms houses or whatever you would call them today. Some were in Barrack Street and there are still two near Manor Street. The best place to trace them is Waterford City Genealogy Group on Facebook. They helped me last year with a family matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Its hardly the old Butlers Community Centre out in St Johns Park is it? I think that place is still open.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The family had connections with Barrack Street, I might chase that up. Thanks azimuth17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Waterford History Site on Facebook should have the answer for you. Michael O'Sullivan and Tommy Deegan are great with local history.

Advertisement