Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Bandwagons

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Always have been a massive fan of the cricket. Think I'd be a good thrower if I had played it when I was younger. Murtagh threw really well.

:pac:

My da was a builder in the 70s in London and to bring me bacl cricket programs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ireland bowled England out for 85. Incoming bandwagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I don't see this as a bad thing per se. If you told me two flies going up a wall and one is Irish I'd support it all the way.
    I went to some sort of farming show before (no idea how I ended up there) but in a livestock competition there was a prize bull from Castlemartyr, in Cork. I let out a cheer when he won like an eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Ireland bowled England out for 85. Incoming bandwagon

Just seen this all over Twitter. Off to read the rules of cricket on wikipedia in order to spend an afternoon on the bandwagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

razorblunt wrote: »
    I don't see this as a bad thing per se. If you told me two flies going up a wall and one is Irish I'd support it all the way.
    I went to some sort of farming show before (no idea how I ended up there) but in a livestock competition there was a prize bull from Castlemartyr, in Cork. I let out a cheer when he won like an eejit.

"Olé, Olé, Olé, Olé"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I recall the Katie Taylor bandwagon being a right good one.

The day she won her Olympic gold medal I was on the beach and a few people had the fight blaring on radios near us. When it was announced that Taylor had won (probably by Jimmy Magee) there was massive applause around the beach.

It brought me back around 20 years when me and my friends were on the same beach one night and 2 girls were fighting over a naggin of vodka. There was massive applause the same night when one of them jumped on top of the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Limerick after the Gaa last year..

They all abandoned their Munster jerseys for the green and white..

We'd all like to be hardcore like you, continuing to attend matches in Thomond Park all through the summer. Players cannot even rise to that.

The 'Ruck it and Puck it' statue is on O'Connell St. for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Conor McGregor band wagon was just the most embarrassing "He's Ireland's greatest ever sports person!" said at 2.30am in a beer garden. As if.

Then seeing lads around wearing the suits, drinking his whiskey and the actual fights on the street that used to happen in and around his fights. In time people will realise how thick they were about it all.

In every other sport though I think it's nice that Irish people have collective pride in even the small acheivements in sports. It fosters, at times, a great collective spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've been a huge Irish cricket fan since earlier today.
    Come on you boys with bats
    #coybwb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Scoundrel wrote: »
    While it's understandable the reasons for bandwagons in Irish sport small country lack of success etc the one that really annoys me is Irish rugby every time Ireland are playing pubs are full of **** in brand new jerseys talking ****e about coming in from the side or off your feet or other such nonsense but if you asked them to name an AIL team or even asked them what the AIL is they wouldn't have a scooby doo i'm dreading the rugby world cup as there'll be a plague of them around.

Plenty of people who have traditionally watched rugby have been mostly supporters of the national team during the 6N. Don’t see the necessity to know much about the AIL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Stephen Roche and Sean Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I really couldn't care less about what others enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,468 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The one a few years ago when gareth brooks was supposed to be playing 5 gigs in croke park, no one had thought about him in 20 years yet it seemed everyone you knew was going for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The Ryder cup coming to Ireland 2026. You hve plenty of time to prepare for that bandwagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

A lot of rugby supporters are the definition of a bandwagon, especially among women folk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

A lot of rugby supporters are the definition of a bandwagon, especially among women folk!
    Where else can they catch a cardiologist or barrister? Not down at the Rovers match in Tallaght. Might meet the barristers clients there though

Advertisement