Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your new improved government regulations compliant cycle part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Nice solo run from Dunshaughlin around the back of the airport and up to Naul. Home via Garristown. Used to do club races and time trials at the back of the airport so loads of memories there

80km @ 28kmph average

https://strava.app.link/eaNPel8QjY

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was out in bellewstown again today. there certainly is no shortage of hills to get to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Earlier today, Playa de muro to Can Picafort, Muro, sa Pueblo, Polllensa, Porto Polllensa, Alcudia, and back to Playa de Muro. 64km in total & all on a hybrid. Had intended to bring the necessary gear with me from Dublin but those plans went awry. Therefore today's spin was in t shirt, football shorts , & trainers. I probably looked like someone going football training. But hell, it was enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

100km today, 85km of it a sportive. Got burnt off the quick group on the hills - did most of the rest solo. Got close to getting back on a few times, back on the weightloss regime. Had stalled in last while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pjmn

Quick spin out west in glorious weather...

https://www.strava.com/activities/2531675674

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Not much going on in work today, so took the opportunity to go for a spin round the airport..https://www.strava.com/activities/2532257161
    After 3 laps I was starting to feel hungry so promised myself a chocolate milkshake from McDonalds if I did the 4 laps I initially planned.
    That was a tasty milkshake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭saccades

Went up the sally gap from glendalough, then up Kippure. Scooted through Roundwood and on home via that cheeky climb out of Avoca.

120km at just over 25kmph with 1600m of climbing.

Tried legs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Visited Mount Leinster from the west side, got as far as Nine Stones, turned right and ground all the way up to the mast (only 2.57 kms with 345m elevation, took me over 26 mins), I still can't believe it that I did it.

Ended up with 88.2 kms, 1158m elevation, 23.8 km/h average.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,660 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

impressive use of 'only' there; that must be about 14% on average?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Fabulous sunny 85km with only 330m elevation and a 29.5 avg speed. Something I could only dream of 6 months ago, hard work pays off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

impressive use of 'only' there; that must be about 14% on average?

Yes, that's the right number. Luckily there was the right temperature to cool me down.
    Despite of no walkers around I didn't have a balls on the descent, brakes on tight grip and smoking. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pjmn

70km this evening after work, averaged 28kmph - calm beautiful evening...

https://www.strava.com/activities/2535147064

55km around NCD today, 650m of climbing; fairly banjaxed, i went out on an empty stomach. enjoyed the second pop at bellewstown bridge though.

45km this evening rolling along, flat spin. Legs felt better than yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Just the usual 25/6k evening spin, but pushed a bit as legs & body were feeling fine. Last couple of km's felt twinge on top part of left calf so reigned it back a bit... https://www.strava.com/activities/2535019150
    Whole body feels a lot better since back on the saddle again, all the little twinges have disappeared. The big five oh next year, so hope to have lost at least a stone or two for that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

63km @ 27km/h this afternoon, relatively flat and working on building fitness again. Nearly got milled out of it coming through Celbridge village in the last few km but other than that was grand.

40 km spin, out with beginners/improvers group in club and spin home via a watering hole to take the father in law for a pint or 3... Things I do for a quiet family life lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭secman

Club spin out to Peamount ,Celbridge, Kilteel, Rathcoole, Saggart and home.

56 km avg 29kph
    Beautiful evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

A little touch of autumn in the air on my commute this morning.

I was a month off and it's slow going getting back into it. Definitely lost a bit of power.

45 km half with the club, grand spin fairly flat. Bloody flies everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 bob b

On holiday in North Wales but brought the bike. Yesterday was 73km and 1065 m elevation gain. Took 4 hours and I followed the Dave brailsford way 50 mile version through Snowdonia (https://www.visitsnowdonia.info/ffordd-brailsford-way-cycle-routes-snowdonia). Awesome climbs and descents and no close passes. Can't recommend this enough.

Met a guy at the bottom of the llanberis pass and he was on an unsupported charity ride from Inverness to mid Wales. His last day of six and 1500 miles done. Makes my ride rather sad, but I did drop him going up the mountain😄

The last day if my holiday in Majorca today and managed to do a spin I have been wanting to do for some time.

Started in Bendinat, through Calvia to Es Capdella- Andratx- Estellencs- Banyalbufar- Esporles- Establishments and back to Bendinat via Sa Crau. 90k with 1800m of climbing.

The road between Andratx past Banyalbufar is stunning, but there is a reason why the climb out of Banyalbufar is called Coll de sa Bastida.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Near 5hr round trip for a race, made a mess of the race.

Day saved by a bottle of coke & a Bounty Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Staying with friends in Kilmuckridge, decided to throw the bike in the car, went out and did a bit of @secman hunting.
    I've been off the bike for three weeks with a chest infection (still not cleared) did a 28km at 26kph from Kilmuckridge to coolock, Ballycanew, down the Wexford road to Edmondstown and back to base.
    Was a lovely day out, slowed by chest and inactivity, but happy enough.

https://strava.app.link/KBDkcRwYtY

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

0km week. Feel like a total lardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Hit the Blooms today. I felt I really needed a good day in the hills to see how far I've progressed since crashing and how far I have to go to be ready for holidays in September. I got a decent dose of reality!!
    Right from the first few km my legs were heavy so I knew it would be painful and my buddy decided tough love would be the order of the day. Did The Cut from Clonaslee, then the hard side of Glendine which always hurts. Had a cuppa in Kinnity then back up the easier side of Glendine, dropped down and then up the Wolftrap, back down and back over The Cut again.
    I wasn't too bad til tea stop but the 50 odd km after that were torture. Even the final descent was painful, hit a right good bump on the way back down to Clonaslee and nearly drove the left ball into my lungs.
    Struggled back to the start with 116km and 1970m climbed.
    https://www.strava.com/activities/2550637836

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭saccades

I also went down to kilmuckridge, but from the opposite direction.

I'd like to think I`m tapering for the 24hr thing next week as i was in zone 2 for pretty much all of it but my legs felt really heavy. Just tired from work i hope as it has been mental recently.

75km @ 26kmph and 550m of climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,220 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Did the Etape de Tour 2019... tough day onthe bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭secman

ED E wrote: »
    0km week. Feel like a total lardon.

There's always next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sarri_ball

First commute. 17km. Windy as hell. Baptism of fire for someone who's never cycled before! Very enjoyable all round and a great way to start the day.

Cars all good too except for one woman in an SUV who was inches from clipping me. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement