Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vintage self drive rental Cork

Options
  • 19-07-2019 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm getting married this August and was looking for vintage cars in the Cork area that are available to rent. We don't want a chauffeur, just to drive it to and from wedding ourselves. There is a really nice Triumph in Limerick but between delivery and collection costs it's working out too expensive for the few hours we'd be using it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

So what is your budget??

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

kadman wrote: »
    So what is your budget??

We were hoping for something at around €200-€300 for the day.

Kevcol wrote: »
    We were hoping for something at around €200-€300 for the day.

In all fairness you could not hire a clapped out Dublin Taxi all day for 200-300 euro.

I think you may think again.

As for loaning some ones classic pride and joy for a day for that money,

now way hosay

In all fairness you could not hire a clapped out Dublin Taxi all day for 200-300 euro.

I think you may think again.

As for loaning some ones classic pride and joy for a day for that money,

now way hosay

The car in Limerick is €200 for the day. It's just the delivery and collection is driving the price way up. I asked if there was anything around the Cork area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

What about insurance costs? There can be no way that €200 includes insurance.

• Advertisement

The car in Limerick is €200 for the day. It's just the delivery and collection is driving the price way up. I asked if there was anything around the Cork area.

So its not 200 a day then, its more.

So you expect delivery and pickup to only cost 100 max or less.

Like I said, I doubt that will happen. Its not a hertz rental, its a classic.

I hope you can get sorted for your big day.

So its not 200 a day then, its more.

So you expect delivery and pickup to only cost 100 max or less.

Like I said, I doubt that will happen. Its not a hertz rental, its a classic.

I hope you can get sorted for your big day.

I never said I expected the delivery and collection to be included. My OP was that if there was one around Cork that people knew of. That way I'd be able to get someone to collect it and drop it back that day.

i'd be pretty certain you have that wrong about the €200. The link I quoted has a minimum of €200.

where would the profit be in hiring your pride and joy out for €200?

Incidentally the one I linked is for one driver, so cost will be more if someone is doing the collecting and delivering for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

The man asked a simple question about availability in cork and all he gets are opinions on what people think their pride and joy is worth. :rolleyes:
    Isambard wrote: »
    i'd be pretty certain you have that wrong about the €200. The link I quoted has a minimum of €200.

where would the profit be in hiring your pride and joy out for €200?

Incidentally the one I linked is for one driver, so cost will be more if someone is doing the collecting and delivering for you

Did you even look at that link you posted? It's bringing up a price of €200/day self drive. Chauffered is €100/hr minimum 2 hours

• Advertisement

I never said I expected the delivery and collection to be included. My OP was that if there was one around Cork that people knew of. That way I'd be able to get someone to collect it and drop it back that day.

Point taken.

I personally dont know of anyplace to rent a car from Cork at 200 or less, or anyone in Cork that would for 200, and I know a good amount of classic car owners in Cork.

Like I said, I hope you get sorted, but I think you will have to revise your budget.

2 cents.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    The man asked a simple question about availability in cork and all he gets are opinions on what people think their pride and joy is worth. :rolleyes:

Did you even look at that link you posted? It's bringing up a price of €200/day self drive. Chauffered is €100/hr minimum 2 hours

from 200.... chauffeur driven on a two seater for a couple to go to and from their wedding isn't great :-)

Is says €100 per hour, minimum 2 hours. so 8 hours would be €800 and a whole day €2400

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Can't see self-drive being an option at that budget.

I didn't check, but how much is chauffeur rental ? https://www.weddingvintagecarhire.com/

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement