Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Witcher 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

She's a bit of a cow in the books.

She's a raving ****e, especially to Geralt. A lot of people always questioned why he wouldn't choose Triss instead, seeing as she actually show's him respect, and not just when it suits her.

Looks good. Hope it doesn't become too popular. Can't imagine talking about Witcher at the water cooler in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Looks good. Hope it doesn't become too popular. Can't imagine talking about Witcher at the water cooler in work.

Anybody looking for their GoT fix is bound to give it a whirl

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, that trailer is awesome. It has me hyped. But I wasn't aware of the 'race-swapped' (as some media outlets are putting it) Triss (and Yennifer to some extent). I much preferred Triss in the game (haven't read the books) so I am disappointed to not be seeing a white red-haired Triss. I searched but can't find any reason as to why they did it, aside from some article about anti-trump remarks from the writers so they're taking liberties. That is the only issue I have so far, so I'm still excited to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whoa had to look up the Triss actress as i didn't know she was even in that trailer.

Any chance we get this in 2019?

Also #TeamYen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

I much preferred Triss in the game (haven't read the books) so I am disappointed to not be seeing a white red-haired Triss. I searched but can't find any reason as to why they did it
    The needed to change some ethnicities to try avoid internet outrage. As for why Triss, there's a weird coincidence that the redheads seem to be the ones that get changed. Heimdall (MCU), Wally West (Flash TV series), Jimmy Olsen (Supergirl TV series), Starfire (Titans), Ariel (Little Mermaid live action).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Evade wrote: »
    The needed to change some ethnicities to try avoid internet outrage. As for why Triss, there's a weird coincidence that the redheads seem to be the ones that get changed. Heimdall (MCU), Wally West (Flash TV series), Jimmy Olsen (Supergirl TV series), Starfire (Titans), Ariel (Little Mermaid live action).

Mary Jane in the last two spiderman films too! It's a conspiracy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Mary Jane in the last two spiderman films too! It's a conspiracy :eek:
    She's Michelle Jones not Mary-Jane Watson.

As a red-head, I have to say, meh. Disappointing really, but let's see how it goes. It'll all be down to the writing now to see if Netflix Triss can live up to game Triss (and once I've read the books, book Triss!).

#TeamTriss

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shani over those basic witches any day.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As a red-head, I have to say, meh. Disappointing really, but let's see how it goes. It'll all be down to the writing now to see if Netflix Triss can live up to game Triss (and once I've read the books, book Triss!).

#TeamTriss

I'm two thirds through the 4th book of the main saga now and Triss barely features in them, this is Geralt, Yen and and Ciri's story, though more Geralt and Ciri as Yen is in them very little too tbh. I haven't read the short stories yet but going by that trailer they're using them to flesh things out a fair bit.

They're not great books btw, likely wouldn't have made it through the 2nd one if I wasn't already invested in the characters from the games.

And they're right to focus on Geraly/Ciri, as they really are the main characters and going by the games Yen fecks off most the time and leaves Geralt to do what he does. Triss wasn't much better tbh, but still going to miss that red hair, she was a splash of colour in Geralt's world!

I swear to the gods though, if Mark Hamill isn't cast as Vesemir I'm going to start burning places down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gingers are a race now? :confused:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Gingers are a race now? :confused:

Who said that?

I got the impression that she was extremely loyal to Geralt and saved his life a few times? :confused:

Could be Triss or Yenn based on that description haha

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bog standard current day PC fantasy ****e

Humans = Dem evil wi peepo
    Elves = Wise opressed soul sistahs ( + token brutha)

Pussy possie running the plot, default American olde medieval accent setting of posh English in a Polish world. Dopey reverse sword grip cos you franchise merchandise buying tits think its badass.

I'm not saying you're a clown if you think that trailer is good but I do think of you as one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

^^ :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Someone's had one too many decoctions.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Someone's had one too many decoctions.

Rest of yiz need a good dose of Cat if you think that trailer is daycent :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Please don’t insult other posters for having a different opinion than you do, very possible to have a debate without stopping to that level.

Bambi wrote: »
    Bog standard current day PC fantasy ****e

Humans = Dem evil wi peepo
    Elves = Wise opressed soul sistahs ( + token brutha)

Pussy possie running the plot, default American olde medieval accent setting of posh English in a Polish world. Dopey reverse sword grip cos you franchise merchandise buying tits think its badass.

I'm not saying you're a clown if you think that trailer is good but I do think of you as one.

I just knew you'd be along to post some nonsense like that.

What's up? Yenn was too light skinned to actively annoy you?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I just knew you'd be along to post some nonsense like that.

What's up? Yenn was too light skinned to actively annoy you?

I'm too busy looking at her Jimmy Hill chin and Henry Cavills weird Dolph Ludgren Torso to worry about her skin.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The casting other than Cavill is pretty atrocious but that's typical of Netflix. Won't be getting a sub from me. I've been enjoying the 1st game again.

The casting other than Cavill is pretty atrocious but that's typical of Netflix. Won't be getting a sub from me. I've been enjoying the 1st game again.

How do you know the casting is atrocious? Nobody has seen it yet, outside a trailer?

Go on, outside of skin colour, back up your comment.

Not getting the skin colour thing, what's the matter with it? Was there something mentioned in the book to do with their skin colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

"Defend yourself for daring to question Netflix!" :rolleyes:

The majority look nothing like how they're described in the book or known to look in the game series. Everything netflix touches turns to ****. The trailer made things look oddly low budget at times. This looks like a typical Netflix situation to me so I'd say the odds are on my side for the casting being bad. I know Cavill gets a lot of hate for his acting but I thought he was pretty damn good in MI
    as a villain
    although I'll concede he buffed up too much for this. Witchers are mutated to be as strong and fast as monsters not lift weights all day. Hollywood has thinks strength = bulk. He's more fit to play kingslayer now.

edit:
    Not getting the skin colour thing, what's the matter with it? Was there something mentioned in the book to do with their skin colour?
    Witcher's a polish creation which are typically pale AF. Outside of Ofir and Zerrikania most characters aren't very tan so people familiar with the series are confused. Hollywood does this crap all the time though. Never forget Titans, where 90% of the characters were completely unrecognisable as from the series (and it bombed). Once again cosplayers can and have been more convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,141 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's just that you've given a fairly baseless assessment.

Nothing to do with criticising Netflix.

Though it's a bit strange you felt the need to day you won't be subscribing.

Advertisement