Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭BangBeater

That is true. Nice to get there early and settle in though and get a decent spot for your tent.

This is my plan. Too many times, getting to festivals later in day, struggling to find a decent spot for tent, etc.

This year, new me, new year, new start.

I'm getting there when the car park opens at 10am. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

BangBeater wrote: »
    This is my plan. Too many times, getting to festivals later in day, struggling to find a decent spot for tent, etc.

This year, new me, new year, new start.

I'm getting there when the car park opens at 10am. :cool:

What are people's thoughts on where the ideal spot in the campsite is? Once it's not close to a walkway and toilet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Sim Simma Soundsystem announced last night - think it got a bit lost in the midst of everything else!

Includes God Knows, Toby Kaar and Gash Collective.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0EXwpFi4mV/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OCALLAA5

Bacchus wrote: »
    Hey, question for ye please.

We've 2 family camping tickets (2 adults, one almost 3 year old). We had planned on camping but have decided to stay in a B&B nearby instead. A friend of a friend has a similar family situation but they have a pair of general camping tickets. So they've asked would we mind swapping (since we won't need the family campsite). I'm just trying to figure out is there any reason this would create an issue for us before agreeing.

I assume the general camping ticket still let's us bring our daughter in to the festival? Also, there's no other perks I should be aware of at the festival by having the family tickets?

Hi Bacchus - sent you a PM on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Last year, the first acts didn’t go to post until 5.45pm on the Friday, with main stage starting at 7pm. Plenty of time for campsite festivities before heading in!

I’d be there for the opening of the gates if it was up to me, but herself enjoys a more relaxed approach!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Last year, the first acts didn’t go to post until 5.45pm on the Friday, with main stage starting at 7pm. Plenty of time for campsite festivities before heading in!

I’d be there for the opening of the gates if it was up to me, but herself enjoys a more relaxed approach!

I better get some more cans...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

gandalfio wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on where the ideal spot in the campsite is? Once it's not close to a walkway and toilet?

We camped just inside the main gates last year. Thought it was perfect. We weren't there too early or anything but there was a load of space available there. Away from walkways etc, close to toilets, close to shops, close enough to main arena.

also really close to the car park so handy in that respect too.

Anyone that was there early last year, were people directing you to specific fields or was it a free for all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

miller82 wrote: »
    ah balls , was hoping today

I could be wrong @miller82 I like it too be sooner too so I can start importing the acts I want to see into my calendar!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I better get some more cans...

were-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg?w=1899&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Oh wow didnt think it would be that late starting, long day to keep the kids entertained if we arrive early

• Advertisement

hope80 wrote: »
    Oh wow didnt think it would be that late starting, long day to keep the kids entertained if we arrive early

It may start earlier this year, so don’t make any sudden movements until we get the stage times!! :)

were-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg?w=1899&ssl=1

Was going to post the exact same quote! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I have a feeling they might get things going earlier. They've opened it up to the campervans the night before, have an increased capacity, bigger site, more acts....I'd say they might announce an earlier start this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That is true. Nice to get there early and settle in though and get a decent spot for your tent.
    Staying in Tangerine Fields, so not as important! :cool:

Probably will still do the half-and-half journey and stay in a cheap hotel the Thursday night.

The comfy sleep and shower will help before 3 days of camping..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

gandalfio wrote: »

I prefer to be on a walkway but not one of the ones facing the food stalls etc.
    if you are in the middle of the camping area will just have people walking through your area all day in a much narrower gap than a fair bit away from you in a large walking space.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I have a feeling they might get things going earlier. They've opened it up to the campervans the night before, have an increased capacity, bigger site, more acts....I'd say they might announce an earlier start this year.

I reckon the same. Too many acts this year to have the guts of Friday going to waste.

Music to start at 3pm maybe, mainstage at 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

What's left to be announced?

I feel like we'll get one more music announcement of irish acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

New stage was announced yday too "Global Roots" not sure if it was shared in the thread? Looks like Reggea type vibes, a welcome addition! https://nialler9.com/all-together-now-announce-global-roots-sim-simma-curated-all-kinds-of-everything-stages/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Nialler9%2Frss+%28Nialler9+Music+Blog%29 Always up for a bit of Cian Finn!

In terms of camping, we arrived at around 3pm last year and while we weren't the first, it definitely wasn't busy yet. Heard afterwards that the campsite was really full and there was overflow? Missed all of that, and it didn't feel cramped either tbh.
    We were about half way up the field, right at the walkway. Ideal spot tbh, I like being beside a walkway but not near the food / toilets. Depending on the layout for this year, might aim for a similar spot (if all ye early birds don't get there first ;-) ). There's loads more of us going than last year tho so we might have to compromise a bit more. Either way, campsite was a good place to be last year, chill vibes, no real messing about.

Wouldn't be surprised if acts start earlier this year on Friday but it was late afternoon last year for sure.

Anyone care to predict the weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Lads can I use two family ticket for admission into the general area without kids?

If you mean the family camping area...No. That rule is made fairly explicit on the FAQ. Admission to the family campsite is only allowed if you are with your child. I assume this rule is to keep it strictly as a family zone. This is one part of our decision not to camp in the end... little one will be shattered by 8pm, and neither of us would be able to stay later for the headliners as we would not be able to get back into the campsite on our own.

If you mean the general festival area... yes, there's no issue there.

If you mean the general camping area... I'm not sure how that works.

Thanks for the replies to my own question. I'm happy enough that it looks like there's no problem bringing our daughter in to the festival with the "general camping" ticket.

Is there much of a walk from the car park to the entrance btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 anon19008

Hey guys. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this here or what but I was about to post a camper van ticket for sale on adverts but said I would offer it here first. The ticket is a printed QR code and not a traditional ticketmaster ticket. I purchased it as part of a set online and no longer need the camper van portion. Looking for face value which is 80 euro. I don't mind receiving the money after you've entered the venue, or half now half later, as long as there is some adequate paper trail and proof e.g. car reg photo when handing over the ticket and whatsapp pm's etc. If I am out of place posting this here, mods please remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Couple of pages back in the thread someone shared some areal pics comparing last year to this year. Hard to say exactly because it looks like the main stage area is bigger, meaning it would eat in to last years general campsite.

Entrance for general punters (not family, boutique or campervans) was via the general campsite and the parking was literally right beside it. I think that they'll expand the general campsite to where carpark was last year, and move the carpark over to the other side of the road (so still right beside it) which would mean a 10 min walk instead of a 5 min one, but either way very doable.

Obviously this could all be way off the mark because we've not seen any maps yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shinyflower

If you mean the family camping area...No. That rule is made fairly explicit on the FAQ. Admission to the family campsite is only allowed if you are with your child. I assume this rule is to keep it strictly as a family zone. This is one part of our decision not to camp in the end... little one will be shattered by 8pm, and neither of us would be able to stay later for the headliners as we would not be able to get back into the campsite on our own.

Thanks for the replies to my own question. I'm happy enough that it looks like there's no problem bringing our daughter in to the festival with the "general camping" ticket.

As far as I know, once you are set up in family camping and have arrived with children and got everyone's bands sorted, then parents don't need to have a child with them each time so it is possible for one person to stay on late at night and the other parent to return to campsite with children.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Is there much of a walk from the car park to the entrance btw?[/QUOTE

Will there be no re-entry to the family campsite without having one of our children with us? I thought it was for the initial entry and set up! We had agreed that if the kids needed rest during the day/evening we could take turns bringing them back to tent to rest, we were even going to pick a night each to get out that bit later pending release of the schedule, hadnt even considered not being allowed back to tent??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Will there be no re-entry to the family campsite without having one of our children with us? I thought it was for the initial entry and set up! We had agreed that if the kids needed rest during the day/evening we could take turns bringing them back to tent to rest, we were even going to pick a night each to get out that bit later pending release of the schedule, hadnt even considered not being allowed back to tent??

To be honest, this is just my interpretation from reading the FAQs. The FAQs don't say anything about "initial entry" or "reentry". They just say...
    Those wishing to stay in designated family camping must have a Family Weekend ticket and be accompanied by children aged 12 and under. Please note that you are NOT permitted to camp in the family campsite or gain access to the family campsite unless you are accompanied by your kids.

My interpretation is that you cannot get access without your kid.

EDIT: Maybe the "gain access" bit is at the initial entry point. Then, once you have "gained access", you can come and go as you please. It's a bit vague though.

At this moment in time it looks awesome....

I can't believe you've done this.

D.Q wrote: »

Sorry....have I doomed us all?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

At this moment in time it looks awesome....

Is that genuine ??:rolleyes:

D.Q wrote: »

Post deleted, I shall not mention the weather again until i’m physically at ATN....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

endainoz wrote: »
    Yeah we have a bit of a ritual to see him with the latchikos at the picnic every year. Not sure what he'll be doing by himself, whether it'll be music or the one man comedy show he does, which by the way is fantastic for anybody who might be interested!

The Latchikos at the Caravan at Picnic has been a highlight of my last few years at EP.

Advertisement