Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Helsing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Watched the first episode and it's a poor zombie show with nothing going for it unlike Wynonna Earp; I barely scraped through the first episode and that's it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'll give it one more before deciding, still in 2 minds about Wynonna Earp so have got a few more episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Cheers for taking the hit.

WE , casting was right, but terrible writing and directing. I gave it 5eps and that's breaking my own rule

Didn't need the demon hunting, supernatural owns that. Could have done US Marshal thing and filled the void left by justified

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Swede is best part of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

I'll give it a miss then. I'm struggling with Wynona Earp so given that, I'd say this is a no no. Wynona Earp isn't a badly executed show but I find the premise so completely stupid that I can't really buy into the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It kicked off last night on Syfy with a double episode nothing great about it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Just watched up to Ep 4.

Not a bad show, just not great and even I'm getting tired of the post apocalyptic story lines, and I do enjoy them. The TV execs are really mining this genre too much (never thought I'd be saying that).

The full season was added to Netflix today.

I think this improved as it went along. The story line has opened up in the last 3 eps. Strangely enough this was
    also the eps the lead male character went missing. I liked him, but it was coming across as his show up until that point and had to change.

Re the main character. Shot in some angles she's quite pretty, but her jaw makes her very manly looking at times. Yeah, insightful stuff I know :pac:

It grew on me as it went along I have to say and in the end I enjoyed it.

Season 2 Comic-Con trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Not majorly inspired by the trailer. Will probably see what the feedback is before committing. So, on your heads be it!

Season 2 starts October 5th.

Season 3 Comic Con trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

This definitely picked up in season 2. Was ready to call it quits after 2 episodes of season 1 but was told to stick it. Looking forward to season 3.

Season 3 started last night.

An enjoyable open episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Got into this series late but writers definitely seem to enjoy writing mad storylines. Not the biggest fan of scarlet so am happy that van helsing actress is back fulltime after giving birth.

Renewed for a fourth season

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I kinda got into this by mistake :D but I do enjoy it for what it is. The lead actress was a bit clunky at first, but got much better. They keep it fresh by changing the dynamics of the threat and the Scooby gang with every season. Something that shows like The Walking Dead could learn from.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Season 4 trailer

All set up now for a great finale next week.

All set up now for a great finale next week.

Yeah, but I've a feeling this is the last season. Sure the main character has hardly been on screen for most of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yeah, but I've a feeling this is the last season. Sure the main character has hardly been on screen for most of the season.

I thought that it was definitely anounced as the last season, but I could have missed something, as I generally do :p

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I thought that it was definitely anounced as the last season, but I could have missed something, as I generally do :p

It hasn't been announced yet if it has been renewed or cancelled, will probably know next week. But knowing SyFy it's hard to tell as they cancelled alot of shows (Deadly Class, Krypton) this year.

I was wrong.

Van Helsing renewed for fifth and final season
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/van-helsing-renewed-fifth-final-season-at-syfy-1263204

Nicely set up now for a final balls to the wall mental final season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Finally got around to watching Season 4 and most of the way through.

It's true that Vanessa is barely in the season, but imo that's a good thing. Of all the characters I found her one the weakest. Quite frankly the season is not great, but it's alright.

However, there is a stand out episode "No 'I' in team.". That is a bloody fantastic episode and in itself is worthy of being a full blown movie, because it's better than most vampire/horror movies out there.

• Advertisement

Advertisement