Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

They changed the wording in the Specsavers radio ad where the assistant saying to the man that they was no charge for eye test and glasses (prsi) and was free, but your man not believing it and offering her his watch,hat,and his underpants!! as payment.you'd enjoy listening to it but now he's offering her his watch,hat,and his favourite rugby shirt,its boring now,pc gone mad again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Centerparks: Brilliant-y-ist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

Appliances delivered...(Im yours).
    Yer one that used to be a so called "comedian" years ago Deirdre O'kane. Fu*king irritating me everytime I hear it... MaHOOsive!

Edit: Just seen this ad mentioned a few pages back. Im gonna leave it just because it deserves another mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    The ad for food shopping thats voiced by Mario Rosenstock on today fm. When he's speaking in his own voice, he sounds like he's even taking off his own voice (but obvs isnt). Maybe Im just so used to hearing him in his Miriam voice?! Just can't listen to his sunday roast programme for that reason.

With ya on that one - Can't stand his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,964 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I wonder if ad agencies have discovered that boring, mundane ads that sound like they're made in the 1950s sell more boring, mundane cars than any other type.

"I was looking at the Toyondabishi Space Travel Wagon today dear. It looks like a fairly solid type of thing."

"How wonderful, we must take a trip down to Dumpy Motors and have a look at the weekend darling. I wonder if they do it in brown?"

"Yes dear, and they have leather seating as an option too, but that might be standard, I'm not sure. I'm certain the engine will be adequate, too."

"Yes. I expect the friendly salesman will put our minds at rest and answer all our questions honestly."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I wonder if ad agencies have discovered that boring, mundane ads that sound like they're made in the 1950s sell more boring, mundane cars than any other type.

"I was looking at the Toyondabishi Space Travel Wagon today dear. It looks like a fairly solid type of thing."

"How wonderful, we must take a trip down to Dumpy Motors and have a look at the weekend darling. I wonder if they do it in brown?"

"Yes dear, and they have leather seating as an option too, but that might be standard, I'm not sure. I'm certain the engine will be adequate, too."

"Yes. I expect the friendly salesman will put our minds at rest and answer all our questions honestly."

Not sure where you're coming from on this but I have always understood that one of the basic tenets of good advertising is to keep the product name out there. Many Ads today are trying to be so edgy/clever that this simple fact seems to be overlooked. How many Ads do you hear these days that have the product lost in the 'clever' message.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Not sure where you're coming from on this but I have always understood that one of the basic tenets of good advertising is to keep the product name out there. Many Ads today are trying to be so edgy/clever that this simple fact seems to be overlooked. How many Ads do you hear these days that have the product lost in the 'clever' message.

Good point .

Some ad at the moment for a car and she says “ here come the doo be doos”.....makes me cringe . Don’t know what kind of car they’re advertising but it just grinds my teeth every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,915 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They changed the wording in the Specsavers radio ad where the assistant saying to the man that they was no charge for eye test and glasses (prsi) and was free, but your man not believing it and offering her his watch,hat,and his underpants!! as payment.you'd enjoy listening to it but now he's offering her his watch,hat,and his favourite rugby shirt,its boring now,pc gone mad again!!!

Probably a risk that some prude with time on their hands might complain about an imaginary unseen character in a radio ad exposing himself.
    Beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

'The GAA , where we ALL belong' Or something like that .. go feck yourselves , great organisation but a bit of wing clipping is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,212 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Oops69 wrote: »
    'The GAA , where we ALL belong' Or something like that .. go feck yourselves , great organisation but a bit of wing clipping is needed.

The one about "waiting on Baggsy for the lift, tight haircuts and trying to get the shift" is back.

Cringe worthy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Just heard a very funny radio ad offering 'freedom' (and in Braveheart V/O) for car drivers seeking insurance.

But this 'freedom' is a device hard-fitted to your car, that constantly measures your driving patterns (AIG-Telematics).
    This 'blackbox' tracks many(all) aspects of your driving, and sends your driving data which will be analyised.

So Freedom ==
    - Your total speed
    - How smoothly you accelerate/decelerate
    - How sharply you turn
    - What time of day you drive
    - The length of your journeys
    - How often you drive
    - Your total mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

newbie11 wrote: »
    The add for the app called go loud on today fm and Newstalk, someone in the background repeatedly shouting "go loud" over and over again

I'm not sure how this one hasn't been mentioned more. One of the most irritating ads I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,856 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Do podcast ads count? I've had to put up with Acast advertising their network of cringeworthy "content creators".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭plodder

I'm not sure how this one hasn't been mentioned more. One of the most irritating ads I've ever heard.
    It's like a jack hammer to the brain. Just when you think it's over you get pounded one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭plodder

Just heard a very funny radio ad offering 'freedom' (and in Braveheart V/O) for car drivers seeking insurance.

But this 'freedom' is a device hard-fitted to your car, that constantly measures your driving patterns (AIG-Telematics).
    This 'blackbox' tracks many(all) aspects of your driving, and sends your driving data which will be analyised.

So Freedom ==
    - Your total speed
    - How smoothly you accelerate/decelerate
    - How sharply you turn
    - What time of day you drive
    - The length of your journeys
    - How often you drive
    - Your total mileage
    Bit of a paradox all right. I haven't heard the ad, but I might know where they are coming from as my daughter spent her first year driving with one of those boxes. It was the only way insurance was affordable for her. So, in that sense - yes you are paying a price of freedom in the metaphysical sense, but gaining it in freedom to go places and do stuff, which matters a lot more to her generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

"Fordy gigs of dayda"

NIMAN wrote: »
    The one about "waiting on Baggsy for the lift, tight haircuts and trying to get the shift" is back.

Cringe worthy.

Listen carefully to the start of it. "De GAA championchips"
    Champion Chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,936 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm not allowed to say here what the "count" in "Make it Count" sounds like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The guy saying 'EIR' in the new ads sounds like he's passing a hard ****e .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

the annoying Coperface Jacks ad the musical ad is back again..if the musical is as cringe as the ad..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

That Donnelan Joyce Galway property auction ad is back. His accent wrecks my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

the annoying Coperface Jacks ad the musical ad is back again..if the musical is as cringe as the ad..

I’d say it’s a fair bet to be worse.

Anyone hear that add for a shaving oil that I won't mention, advising us to steer-clear of shaving foams with their pollution from 'aluminium cans'?

Sorry now, but aren't aluminium cans recyclable?

Whereas the plastics used to package shaving oils may not be (depends on who's recycling it). Also, there's a big issue with the processing of oils is notoriously bad for the environment.

Anyway, everyone knows that people who really care about the environment grow beards. Even the women.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

DEIRDRE O KANE PLEASE GO AWAY............

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

DEIRDRE O KANE PLEASE GO AWAY............

That ad goes straight and painfully through my brain

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'm getting very tired of those pride ads that are on every 15 seconds. I get the message. I support the cause. Sh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Not a complaint, but the ad for Vodafone gigabit broadband. The guy endorsing the product has such a low voice it sounds like it’s one of those voice camouflage applications you hear on crime watch :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

I hear “go to hell” instead of “go loud.” It took me a few listens to cop it (not that I had to wait long for a repeat)
    newbie11 wrote: »
    The add for the app called go loud on today fm and Newstalk, someone in the background repeatedly shouting "go loud" over and over again

Oops69 wrote: »
    The guy saying 'EIR' in the new ads sounds like he's passing a hard ****e .

"Fordy gigs of dayda"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,915 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That summer camp one with background music of tuneless kids singing and a female voiceover with put-on Yank accent that morphs back into her Irish accent by the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement