Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notes

Options
  • 04-07-2019 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how do you calculate the return on a listed note? For example oaktree cap are listed on the guernsey SE, with a note for 90 odd million... at 7% due to complete in 2035, say I invested €10k in the note how do I calculate my return in 2035?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Can anyone tell me how do you calculate the return on a listed note? For example oaktree cap are listed on the guernsey SE, with a note for 90 odd million... at 7% due to complete in 2035, say I invested €10k in the note how do I calculate my return in 2035?

Anyone?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

A note or bond.... goole it!

https://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Bond-Total-Return

The big question is why are the willing to pay you 7%, with all other rates so low, you will certainly be taking on a very risky asset.

Advertisement