Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Players to Watch 2019/2020

• 08-07-2019 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭

Bournemouth signed Jack Stacey from Luton this morning.

Watched a fair bit of him last year, he's a converted winger who loves to get forward. 4 goals and 8 assists in League One for them last year.

One to watch, I imagine he'll be in the game at £4.5m and will push for a starting spot at right back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Bournemouth signed Jack Stacey from Luton this morning.

Watched a fair bit of him last year, he's a converted winger who loves to get forward. 4 goals and 8 assists in League One for them last year.

One to watch, I imagine he'll be in the game at £4.5m and will push for a starting spot at right back.

Literally came here to post Rico at 4m for Bournemouth! Maybe this guy hinders Rico's spot, but Daniels was woeful last season and currently has a knee injury. There was huge talk about Rico being the number 1 LB, so maybe this season it can his (unless I've totally overlooked someone else!).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Emi Buendia - Norwich mid - 6.0

A bit steep to begin with but a little like my James Maddison prediction last summer he could come good within a few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Oleksandr Zinchenko man city.

i think he is going to nail that 1st team spot. Of course with city they could alway go out and buy someone world class, but as things stand he looks like he will get a run in the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Grealish at 6m to me looks a steal.

Best player in the team by far, guaranteed starter, BPs for successful dribbles and the fulcrum of the team.

I think this will be a breakout year for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Grealish at 6m to me looks a steal.

Best player in the team by far, guaranteed starter, BPs for successful dribbles and the fulcrum of the team.

I think this will be a breakout year for him.

Couldn’t disagree more, being the best player on the team
    Doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll nail FPL. More likely to assist the assister IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Literally came here to post Rico at 4m for Bournemouth! Maybe this guy hinders Rico's spot, but Daniels was woeful last season and currently has a knee injury. There was huge talk about Rico being the number 1 LB, so maybe this season it can his (unless I've totally overlooked someone else!).

Don’t understand how Rico didn’t get game time at all last season. Bournemouth were pretty much safe from Christmas time so if Howe wasn’t willing to give him gametime last season don’t see why he’ll start now. Think that fella Lloyd Kelly they signed plays left back so be surprised if Rico turns things around at Bournemouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pukki from Norwich

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not exactly going to set the Prem alight but I'll be keeping a close eye on Brighton and their strikers. Locadia (5.5m) or Andone (5.0m) could provide some points off the bench if needed.

If Murray isn't favoured by the new mamager, then both could represent some value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Stuart Armstrong at Soton.

Was coming into a bit of form towards the end of last season.

Max Aarons for Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Tandey

Salah.

He did well last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Jacinta Bollickhammock

i think he is going to nail that 1st team spot. Of course with city they could alway go out and buy someone world class, but as things stand he looks like he will get a run in the team!

interesting feed on Zinchenko/Mendy/new signing on @FPL Pringle on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

interesting feed on Zinchenko/Mendy/new signing on @FPL Pringle on twitter

Mendy unavailable again
    Zinchenko will get plenty of minutes so

km79 wrote: »
    Mendy unavailable again

What’s the story with Mendy ?

He’s been in my team since I did a serious draft.

Edit - just found that thread. Nothing concrete as to why Mendy is supposedly out.

Edit - just found that thread. Nothing concrete as to why Mendy is supposedly out.

He is just too unreliable

If he has a full preseason and if he plays the charity shield he’s in my team. 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yarmalenko is another, falls into the "he'll be like a new signing" but he was building a head of steam up before his achilles went.

If he has a full preseason and if he plays the charity shield he’s in my team. 100%.

But he didn’t go on tour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

razorblunt wrote: »
    Yarmalenko is another, falls into the "he'll be like a new signing" but he was building a head of steam up before his achilles went.
    Lanzini also, albeit 0.5 more expensive.

Edit: just pooled at West Hams fixtures, City to start with and then what could be tricky away games at Brighton and Watford, I'll be waiting a few weeks and see how they go/who's playing where before biting on any WH players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

Mendy unavailable again

Angelino can throw a spanner in the works, he's supposed to be highly rated by Pep.

OGS has said Mason Greenwood will be part of first team squad and will get gametime
    Doubt he will be starting but if Lukaku goes and there is an injury to one of front 3 then he could be in
    Likely to be my 15th player now

• Advertisement

Colking wrote: »
    Angelino can throw a spanner in the works, he's supposed to be highly rated by Pep.

It’s annoying as it would be nice, for us FPL’ers, to know who’s guaranteed that left back spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,030 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

OGS has said Mason Greenwood will be part of first team squad and will get gametime
    Doubt he will be starting but if Lukaku goes and there is an injury to one of front 3 then he could be in
    Likely to be my 15th player now

he also said he'd be clearing out the deadwood in the squad.

he says a lot of things, most of which he hasn't followed through with yet.

Rudiger out for all of pre season
    Big chance for Christensen or even Zouma..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Hadn't even thought of Zouma but I was wondering why Abraham and Batman weren't in the game. If one of them could hold down a starting place and was priced less than 7, they could be a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Hadn't even thought of Zouma but I was wondering why Abraham and Batman weren't in the game. If one of them could hold down a starting place and was priced less than 7, they could be a good option.

Yeah they really ought to add those Chelsea lads now. Everyone knows they are going to be there so they should get off the fence and price them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Good God no... not Christy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'll be keeping an eye on Janmaat at 4.5m, if he holds down a place. I was thinking maybe he lost his place due to his age, but he's only 29 so still have hope for him regaining this RB/RWB spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Good God no... not Christy again.

Loves a 55th minute random injury does Christy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Benimar wrote: »
    Loves a 55th minute random injury does Christy :o

Oh my God I had pushed that pain from my mind, its all coming rushing back now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Serge Aurier at 5million could be a less expensive way into having a Spurs starting defender if talk of Trippier going to Madrid is true. Interesting to see who gets the right full back slot in the pre-seaon games.

Advertisement