Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to buy Heady Topper

Options
  • 04-07-2019 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭

Is it available anywhere in Ireland?

The website of Probus on Fenian Street says they have it... but they don’t.

Is there anywhere that sells this beer and will ship it to Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

No, it's famously difficult to buy outside its home territory. It's also nothing special any more. The likes of Whiplash and Northern Monk are now producing double IPAs in the same league, and you can buy them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

It's not pasteurised so virtually non existent in Ireland.

Has to be permanently refrigerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Some times mikkeller’s online store has it but it’s rare and expensive.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    It's not pasteurised so virtually non existent in Ireland.

Has to be permanently refrigerated.
    That doesn't follow. There are plenty of non-pasteurised imported beers. And I'm sure plenty of warm cans of Heady Topper on the grey market.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Some times mikkeller’s online store has it but it’s rare and expensive.

They get it in maybe twice/three times a year. Initially it sold out very quickly (as in seconds), but now once they have it it's relatively easy to get. I think everyone copped on that it's not worth the expense. It's an ok beer and it's nice to tick it off the list, but there are way nicer beers out there. Focal Banger is nicer imo, but probably just as hard to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I'm probably mistaken but it looks similar to something they used to have in redmonds when I lived near there.

Maybe others know what I'm mixing it up with or might be worth tweeting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

BaZmO* wrote: »
    They get it in maybe twice/three times a year. Initially it sold out very quickly (as in seconds), but now once they have it it's relatively easy to get. I think everyone copped on that it's not worth the expense. It's an ok beer and it's nice to tick it off the list, but there are way nicer beers out there. Focal Banger is nicer imo, but probably just as hard to get.

I think the last time they had Heady in stock was November, when they also had some Focal Banger and Crusher.

RonanC wrote: »
    I think the last time they had Heady in stock was November, when they also had some Focal Banger and Crusher.

Yeah the end of November/beginning of December. They’ve since had some more available this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

BeerNut wrote: »
    No, it's famously difficult to buy outside its home territory. It's also nothing special any more. The likes of Whiplash and Northern Monk are now producing double IPAs in the same league, and you can buy them here.

I’ve a few cans of Heady Topper being brought over by a pal next month.

I’ve seen Whiplash in my local off license, must give it a go.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I'm probably mistaken but it looks similar to something they used to have in redmonds when I lived near there.

Maybe others know what I'm mixing it up with or might be worth tweeting them?

I will try Redmond’s next time I’m passing through Ranelagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

I will try Redmond’s next time I’m passing through Ranelagh.

You definitely won't find Heady Topper in Redmond's. As Beernut has said plenty of other options that are as good in this style easily available fresh in Ireland. Heady is still a good beer and worth trying to see the beer that basically helped launch a very popular style but it's not mind blowing and obviously hard to source.

I’ve seen Whiplash in my local off license, must give it a go.
    Nice Dream is the most recent Double IPA. Setting Sun is knocking on a bit now but probably still worth a go if you see it.

Finally got my paws on it.

mh79y.jpg

20iuofk.jpg

Was it worth the wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Where did you get it?

Advertisement