Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Woohoo! Top 5. I'll grab that with my greedy paws. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

4th Place : Muse - Hysteria

This has literally only jumped up to 4th place from 5th too. (Sorry Ecto!) - Great intro for a song that I havent heard in a long long time. I used to listen to a lot of Muse way back in the day and I had completely forgotten all about this song. It's got that great trademark Muse sound, cracking guitar riffs, baseline and the lead singers unmistakable tone. Just love it. Another thank you so much for submitting this :D

4th Place - 12 points to
    Mollyb60

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Another great intro that I recognise above and beyond the track as a whole. I think us 15 have really good taste :)

Fairs fair. The tunes have been getting better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Not sure if I missed mine , or if is in the top 3. I'm afraid to check over the past songs :eek: I was sure it was in the bunch he had heard too much of.

• Advertisement

I forgot to do my top 3 hype post. So editing in here ::

Top 3 remaining contestants are ::
    Osh
    Barney92
    Electric Nitwit

3rd Place :: Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out

I had totally forgotten all about this song but I always loved it as a kid growing up. Just loved the intro then and I still do now. Song has a lovely pace and rhythm to it. It always has that really wonderful intro playing in parts through the song and I just love the vocal. I had forgotten about all the great songs that Joe Jackson has done and I've been absolutely binge listening to some of his brilliant songs for the passed few days. Great entry. Great Great entry!

3rd Place - 13 points to
    osh

Oh yeah, osh!

I wanna thank that song more than once.

I'm in the humour now for a bit of Pink Floyd - some iconic intros- but was anyone else?

Edited in my top 3 hype post into that 3rd place post lol :D

Love that osh - great pick!

• Advertisement

Ive never heard that, its amazing, brilliant and such a clever a song

2nd Place :: 65daysofstatic - Retreat! Retreat!

First listen I was like.... "What have I just listened to????" Like, I spent the whole time waiting for the intro to end and then I realised "Oh, its an instrumental" and then I loved it! Starts off with the really light ring tone and then hits you fill in the face with an explosive energy. Great guitars, Great Drums, Great everything and a really lovely chilled out outro to finish. I loved this way more than I ever expected to

2nd Place - 14 points to
    Electric Nitwit

Steppin’ out should be the forum games beers theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Fecking delighted with second :)

I try to shoehorn 65dos into everything I do, I couldn't leave them out in this. They're my favourite band, they're truly incredible

If you like what hear try the Escape From New York live album, it's a great intro. Rikand, they become more electronic with age, I'd say you'd like We Were Exploding Anyway

1st Place :: Christine and the Queens - 5 dols (Work colleagues of a sensitive nature may question your choice of video if watching this in work :) )

I loved this from the very first listen. But I find it so hard to put into words what it is that I love so much. Just such a real unusual sound for the intro and then its in french and I love songs in French! Vocalist is incredible. It moves along at a really great pace. The gentle tinkle of the high notes on the piano for the chorus and then music drops and the vocalist is left to sing the final bar acapella which is just a wonderful finish. The video is quite cool too. The performer is a great dancer. I've been finger pointing, shuffling my shoulders and nodding my head to this all weekend!

1st Place - 15 points to
    Barney92

Thank you everyone for your submissions for Category 2 - Songs with a great intro!

I'm going to do a table tomorrow to keep track of the scoring and how people are doing and I start the task of listening to Cat 3, songs from this year.

I have to say its the category I am most apprehensive about, but we shall see how it goes. Really hoping to get some new songs for my playlist from it :D

I remember them/her from Graham Norton, also a great song on that (another memo)

Well done Barney, great song.

And ty Rikand

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I love that I've been beaten by a song I don't know, although it's frustrating that I have to wait until tomorrow to hear it

As last time, I've created a playlist as we went for my own benefit, but if anyone wants it...

https://play.google.com/music/playlist/AMaBXylAwMrP7iiHUsdfyRcSmCtsm9ZqZo5E36EZT7bGOwbph7YmsJ0Dn34Xc_l4Zf2gbNwczaFPrtZT6qvSltYLYsJ9XX1w0Q%3D%3D

Congrats Barney, many thanks again Rikand

Very 80's poppy intro to that one - (maybe it would take a few more listens :) )

Thanks Rikand - and all for your class, sometimes unique taste in music. Looking forward to a proper listen back - sleep calls

Well done Barney!

I can see demotion from the top 10 in my horizon.

• Advertisement

I tried pming you Rikand and said your inbox was full

Playlists are brilliant, nitwit.

Rikand wrote: »
    I love songs in French!

This leaves me hopeful for my foreign entry :D

Another great winner!

There wasn't much in this category that I didn't already know but some absolute classics in there.

The new song for me that will be going straight into rotation is The Kills - Future Starts Slow.

Thanks Rikand! I really enjoy reading your reasoning behind each pick.

Well done Barney.

Interested to see where I'll be sitting on the board tomorrow! :)

I'm fecked but tbh this is brilliant.

It's really hard to even think of ways to find new music but this game is excellent for it.

I'm fecked but tbh this is brilliant.

It's really hard to even think of ways to find new music but this game is excellent for it.

Only just joined spotify but apparently it's good for recommending songs similar to what you like

osh wrote: »
    Only just joined spotify but apparently it's good for recommending songs similar to what you like

I kind of let you tube do it for me but I feel I need to broaden my horizons now.

Although I'm sure walrus has ****ed with there algorithms for me now which is great. :D

Im surprised Barcelona didnt make it onto this, but I actually thought it would be duplicated a few times.

Audibly and visually one of the greatest intros to a song ever for me and a cracking and generational song to top it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,095 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Sorry I missed this (didn't even know it was a thing tbh!)

I'd have thrown in

for a cover entry (could also have picked 6 or 7 from your list)

For Intros I might have gone with:

Foreign Language

Just because its so bad its good...maybe :)

For summer you cant go too far wrong with

and arguably its a good intro too!

Pre 2010 (just a little bit)

Sorry I meant for me, not trying to downplay anything, but Barcelona is a cracking opening to a song also for me. And I really thought it'd be duped

• Advertisement

Grebbo you are late for this, I'd say but if you follow here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057993926

You can enter the next games or start your own.

I know you from the golf forum but welcome to forum games

Advertisement