Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Return Same Day

• 09-07-2019 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hi,

If I booked the Dublin -> Donegal flight with Aer Lingus, can I return the same day? It’s mainly for the day trip up and back but I just want to make sure it’s possible to make the return flight. I’m assuming it’s the same plane etc but just double checking.

Any help is appreciated, sorry if I left anything out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,847 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There's 4 hours between the flights I doubt it'll be the same plane. I've just tried there and it's letting me book return on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

It will be EI-GEV

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

That'll be going to Isle of Man before returning to Donegal

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Del2005 wrote: »
    There's 4 hours between the flights I doubt it'll be the same plane. I've just tried there and it's letting me book return on the same day.

It's always the same plane but it goes back to Dublin immediately then the IOM

There is one nearly new ATR42-600 solely for these routes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Is the aircraft based in Donegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Is the aircraft based in Donegal?

No. It overnights in CFN but engineering/crew etc are Dublin based

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

The time’s that I’m looking at tell me that the plane arrives in Donegal at 14:20 and then departs for Dublin at 14:40.

This is why I’m thinking it’s the same plane and it would be safe to assume I can return on the flight 20 minutes later.

Bonavox wrote: »
    The time’s that I’m looking at tell me that the plane arrives in Donegal at 14:20 and then departs for Dublin at 14:40.

This is why I’m thinking it’s the same plane and it would be safe to assume I can return on the flight 20 minutes later.

It won’t let me book those flights on the app anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,396 ✭✭✭✭cson

No. It overnights in CFN but engineering/crew etc are Dublin based

The 3 crew stay locally then I assume? Costly enough I'd imagine for Stobart.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They get paid sufficient by the state to support the costs anyway! Loads are up on what they reached at the bottom but doubt they're back to peak. Weekends get commuting tunnellers connecting but the fares are capped so they can't ride them

• Advertisement

Bonavox wrote: »

That might not be possible purely because the airport has multi role staff and checkin could be closed to allow them handle the inbound.

Phone the airport and ask - this time of year they may have more staff on and could possibly arrange it. it'll have to be bought as two singles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭gooner99

I live beside CFN. Plane stays there overnight. Departs for Dublin in the morning and back in the afternoon, quick turnaround and back to Dublin and returns to CFN in the evening. You should be able to book with CFN Airport over the phone, but not sure if your first leg needs to originate there. Only issue you may have is that by the time you disembark it may be too late to check back in. Best to call the airport and explain what you want to do.

You'd buy the singles from EI online not from the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

L1011 wrote: »
    That might not be possible purely because the airport has multi role staff and checkin could be closed to allow them handle the inbound.

Phone the airport and ask - this time of year they may have more staff on and could possibly arrange it. it'll have to be bought as two singles.

Depending on the day the Glasgow flight departs not long after the Dublin one so check-in and security would definitely be manned, not sure about days when the Glasgow flight is earlier though..

If you phone the airport OP I'm sure they could accommodate, the entire check-in/security procedure takes no more than 2 minutes so I don't see why not

Assume you would check in online so you’d only need security to be manned which you would have to imagine it would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Can't check in online for CFN!

Can't check in online for CFN!

Ah - that makes it trickier so!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,396 ✭✭✭✭cson

Assume this is a status mileage run?

Not sure why you'd do it otherwise unless you really wanted a spin on an ATR-42...

Advertisement