Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loughrea people (buying advice needed)

• 25-02-2019 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm in the process of buying in loughrea , Im looking for someone to tell me any info they can on the estate im moving into. Specifically the age of the houses :)
    Any knowledgeable loughrea heads out there feel free to pm :) i wont be putting the address up here.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

did you get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Whats it like as a place a live in general?

Its a lovely area, we bought here 12 years ago and love it.

hope80 wrote: »
    Its a lovely area, we bought here 12 years ago and love it.

Thanks hope, good to hear. Are they building new houses there at the moment at all or any builds on the horizon?

Yes there's actually a new estate being built up just up the road from us, looks like there will be a lot of houses in it

• Advertisement

cool, dont suppose you have a link to them ?

No sorry, just see them being built. If i get a chance to go up pass them one of the evenings I'll see if there is any info on the contractor or auctioneer and let you know :)

That would be super thank you:)

A quick google search, would it be these by any chance?

https://galwaydaily.com/news/plans-progress-for-14-new-houses-in-loughrea/

No its out the same direction but further out, definitely much more than 14 houses being built and not attached to any other estate

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

quick update.
    I ended up buying in loughrea. i got a house just a stones throw from the lake. i have been there a few months now.
    I must say im very pleased , Loughrea is a lovely town, it has loads of amenities and great shops, pubs and restaurants for a town of its size. The people are friendly and the gorgeous views at the lake are a major bonus. :)

• Advertisement

zweton , i can see the new development from where i live.. looks like its going to be a big one. definitely worth looking into

blueb wrote: »
    quick update.
    I ended up buying in loughrea. i got a house just a stones throw from the lake. i have been there a few months now.
    I must say im very pleased , Loughrea is a lovely town, it has loads of amenities and great shops, pubs and restaurants for a town of its size. The people are friendly and the gorgeous views at the lake are a major bonus. :)

Great to hear things all worked out, you're not far from me by the sounds of it and its a lovely side of the town to be on. The lake and playground is a huge plus :)

Thanks Hope , the playgrounds are a big hit with my daughter :)

Advertisement